Author Topic: Community set, changes for Lix 0.7.x  (Read 21617 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Community set, changes for Lix 0.7.x
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2017, 02:22:53 AM »
Everything until here is merged into Lix 0.7.14, including Proxima's changelist and Nepster's Theresa with larger gap at left.

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »
Community pack has 100% coverage for 0.7.14 physics, see: https://github.com/SimonN/lemforum-replays

Get Hype from Vicious needed small changes (one extra lix, making the rightmost barrier slightly smaller) to work with the delayed digger. Level is attached.

I also covered the two levels Proxima said still need changes in order for the intended solution to work, so check if those are backroutes.

The only other change that I still propose is replacing Bulldozer with Sinking Ship.

EDIT: Another backroute for Theresa.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:15:37 PM by geoo »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »
I tried lots of difficult ways to jump across there, but somehow forgot to check the easiest way. :-[ So here another version of Theresa.

EDIT: Yet another version, because geoo just found another way to backroute it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:43:15 PM by Nepster »

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 09:23:27 PM »
I guess this is another backroute?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »
Yes, this is yet another backroute. Attached are two new versions:
- theresa.txt: A fix for geoo's latest backroute, which keeps the steel-mining to turn a lix.
- theresa V2.txt: A daring change that replaces the five steel steps with usual terrain. This prevents any turning by steel-mining, but allows freeing the blocker with the miner instead. I remember that in the NeoLemmix version möbius made the steps deliberately steel, but at the moment I cannot see a good reason for this, provided the platforms are very thin. Most likely I just overlooked a very simple backroute, but if this should by some miracle work, then I would prefer this version over the previous one.

EDIT: geoo found some more backroutes to theresa.txt, but the intended solution to theresa V2.txt. So if you want to try to backroute this level, please focus on theresa V2.txt.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:08:44 PM by Nepster »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »
Yes, this is yet another backroute. Attached are two new versions:
- theresa.txt: A fix for geoo's latest backroute, which keeps the steel-mining to turn a lix.
- theresa V2.txt: A daring change that replaces the five steel steps with usual terrain. This prevents any turning by steel-mining, but allows freeing the blocker with the miner instead. I remember that in the NeoLemmix version möbius made the steps deliberately steel, but at the moment I cannot see a good reason for this, provided the platforms are very thin. Most likely I just overlooked a very simple backroute, but if this should by some miracle work, then I would prefer this version over the previous one.

EDIT: geoo found some more backroutes to theresa.txt, but the intended solution to theresa V2.txt. So if you want to try to backroute this level, please focus on theresa V2.txt.

originally the steps were thick brick, then I made them steel then I went back to brick with holes in them or part steel... I tried different things, I don't remember ever trying very thin platforms. (this was also in NL without jumpers and batters and runners).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

possible update for 'sauce for the goose' to remove a solution found by multiple people. Not sure if this will be better than before; the goal is to make it harder/more interesting, if that hasn't worked then disregard this fix.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:06:59 AM by möbius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »
Are the runners necessary...
No, one can actually solve the level without the runners, but this requires quite a lot precision. So I added the runners for the very purpose you used them for.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »
Vicious/Down Among the Dead Lix: Slight terrain change to remove Clam's br. Replay included.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »
Replay for the new version of Sauce for the Goose.

mobius: At the moment I'm not planning to include the level Duality, since it seems to have lots of backroutes and the original author isn't around to ask about his intended solution. Still, could you post your replay? That would help me get an idea of whether it might be worth doing more work on the level.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
Hopeless/Divison of Labor: Slight terrain change to remove backroute found by both Nepster and Simon. Replay included.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »
Let's All Go Down the Strand adjusted to match Get Hype.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »
Proxima suggested removing the alternative routes from Empty Space.

Below is my attempt at that, what do you think?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »
Instead, I was contemplating this sort of change to Empty Space:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2017, 01:25:56 AM »
Everything until here is merged into Lix 0.7.19. I used Proxima's Empty Space.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:46:32 AM by Simon »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
Can we rename Cuber Replacement? Previous levels do not suggest that cubers in particular are the go-to tool for making a digger continue.

Consider culling L13 "Let's block and blow?" C4 "The Rainbow Road" uses the same trick, and is more impactful if this trick isn't spoonfed to the player earlier.