Off-Topic Boards > Non-Lemmings Gaming

Anyone else getting the Crash Bandicoot remakes?

(1/3) > >>

namida:
(For those who somehow didn't hear - remakes of the original three Crash Bandicoot games are coming out next Friday for PS4! From the video footage I've seen they look extremely true to the originals, although time trials have been added to the first two games.)

I've definitely been excited about these since I first heard they were coming, and finally put my preorder in yesterday. Thanks to PS4's pre-download feature I'll be able to play as soon as it releases; and thanks to the timezone here that should be among the first people in the world. :P

If I can get streaming from my PS4 working well, I'll probably stream when I play it too. :)

Flopsy:
I'll be picking it up too.

Big fan of the Crash series although Wafflem must be a bigger fan than me because he's actually put Crash music in some of the MegSEByte levels :)

That is a big thing for me, it HAS to be close mechanic wise to the originals otherwise I'll be greatly disappointed with it.

So many remakes occur these days and I think this is one of those ones which a lot of people are going to have their eyes on for being close to the original because let's face it, I think the FFVII remake is not going to be anywhere close to the original.

GigaLem:
If Only I weren't so broke, because I really want to pick these up.
Looks good, seem to play well, and has all the charm of the originals

I just want. Though I do have one issue.....No CTR remake :(

namida:
It's releasing in about an hour here! :)
I'm going to be streaming it on Youtube, so if you're interested, here's the link:

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/jihoon4242/live

Flopsy:
Must say I'm very impressed with this remake overall, I've only played Crash 2 up to final warp room and Crash 3 up to Level 8 but I'm confident that this game is going to be very fun.

I'm not so fussed about Coco being a playable character, it doesn't seem right that she can do everything crash does. She is better off staying in the levels she was playable in Crash 3 originally.

I initially started out using the analog stick but I later switched to entirely using the d pad on the PS4 controller because I didn't have dual shock controllers for my PS1 when I played this back in the day, not even sure if this game supported analog controls anyway.

I already know namida hates this feature but it's nice to have hints on the loading screens of the levels with additional gems (not the box gem) telling you how to obtain this gem. It doesn't so much as spell it out to you but it tells you what you need to look out for and as someone who never 100%'d any of the crash games on PS1, this is a welcome addition.
This is probably the only thing that is making the games easier, this time around.

I'd definitely recommend this as a must for anyone who has a PS4 and has ever enjoyed the Crash PS1 games.

Also for those who are interested in trophies, there are 3 platinums in this, one for each game. It will require 100% completion and collecting absolutely everything (maybe not every single highest ranked relic).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version