Off-Topic Boards > General Discussion

You know whats BS? [RANT]

(1/6) > >>

mobius:
We all get annoyed by things and get angry from time to time. Use this thread to blow off some steam when you need to.

I fricking got home today to realize my brother updated my PC to Windows 10, without asking me at all. I'm so pissed now, I'd like to kill him.

I don't want this bullshit. I liked windows 7. After 5~10 years I finally got used to it and came to like it quite a bit. Sure it had flaws, many of which I found ways around, but overall it wasn't too bad. The main point is adjusting to something. You can adjust to anything it just takes time. Time Which I DON'T FREAKING HAVE RIGHT NOW! This is pure bullshit and I'd like to start nuclear wars with many countries.

I don't like windows 10, it's very different, it's not suited to my needs. This is bullshit, it's not fair. Maybe this is really only just one in a long list of signs that was telling me what I should be doing.

Colorful Arty:
I am so sorry.

I've heard Windows 10 is an improvement on 8 which is what I have, but going from 7 to 10 must be a nightmare. :(

I still wish I had XP. That was pretty much unequivocally the best.

ccexplore:
I'm kinda surprised you can still even do that, I thought the free upgrades to Windows 10 ended over a year ago already.

If I recall, you have like 3-10 days to roll back the upgrade (in your case back to Windows 7), I don't remember the exact steps but I'm sure you can find them on Google.  Of course, I suppose there could be a small risk that the roll back may not work smoothly and then you could wind up with a brick (though I haven't heard any such stories on that, most stories were about unwanted upgrades).

607:
I'd suggest trying to adapt anyway. It's not a bad environment.

mobius:
today's topic: PASSWORDS.

in particular: WEBSITES THAT FORCE YOU TO USE MORE COMPLEX PASSWORDS

First of: I understand the reason behind using a complex password; and I generally agree with this concept. For websites like your bank, or anything containing personal information that has a danger of being corrupted; you should use a difficult to guess password and you should change it often.

Here's the problem: These suggestions keep coming up on websites where this is not an issue at all. I don't freaking care if someone hacks my AnimeList account. What are they gonna find out? What shows I've been watching; I don't give a horse's A$$!. What's so annoying is they force you to have a really extra long password with lots of numbers and capital letter/non-capital letters. These are really hard to remember. I spend time making a good password for important s---. When it comes to sites like these; I want to spend as little time on the password screen as possible. I don't feel like having to remember 50 thousand difficult passwords for all the stupid websites I visit. And the funny thing is: you don't get these reminders on sites like google; email, my bank's website. Ya know the few places where it's actually important, where someone might benefit from this advice. No, on these sites you can just use your dogs name so your neighbor can hack your account. But heaven help us if they hack into my anime list account; my life will be over. F------ horse----.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version