Lemmings Boards > Help & Guides

Lemmings 2 - Tension sheet - Game Boy Version

(1/4) > >>

adam0509:
Hey there,

Big lemming fan here, :thumbsup:

I played Lemmings 2 The Tribes like 20 years ago on the GameBoy Version,

On this version you just have 8 lemmings (Gameboy limitation...). You need to save them all in every level. I managed to save them all for all tribes except CLASSIC. On the level 4 (Tension Sheet - Password = SPFHBFHJ), I can't save every lemmings. At the time I only manage to save 2 lemmings. Reconsidering the level today, and seeing some video, I have got a solution that helps me to save only 7 Lemmings (Note = the levels are not exactly the same...!)

I've always wondering how to save them ALL ! This question beat my mind for 20 years now !! :lem-mindblown:

So I challenge you to suceed !

IchoTolot:
Your long time mystery has been solved! 8-)

My guide for the level:

1.) Send a climber+floater over the wall.
2.) Build over the first water gap.
3.) Shortly before reaching the 2nd gap send another climber+floater over the wall.
4.) Build over the 2nd gap with the first lem using 2 builders.
5.) Make the builder a blocker on the bridge when he is finished.
6.) The 2nd lem should turn at the blocker (Make a save state! My emulator was able to at least ;P).
7.) Mine down in such a way that he beaches to the lower tunnel and is also as low as he can gets (one miner swing more and he falls out of the map) ---> he still turns at the steel. So ~ only the upper part of the miner tunnel breaches to the tunnel. This is nearly pixel-precise! Normally mining on steel doesn't turn here.
8.) Make another save state! Pause exactly before the blocker and free the blocker with a miner performed by the other lem. To ease the selection: Come with your cursor slowly from the left and stop if the cross turns into a square ---> only the walker is in the selection. The 2 athletes are now safe!
9.) Make another save state! Select a right facing lem from the crowd near the left pillar and dig. Dig a bit and then turn the digger into a right facing miner ---> this ensures they all walk to the right into the prepared miner tunnel. Pausing at a moment where the other lems in the digger pit are all on one side helps selecting the digger using the same cursor technique as before.
10.) 8/8 saved! 8-)

+ I even have a basher to spare :laugh:    Make sure to use the save states or you will be in replaying hell!

The code for the 5th level was in my case (I don't know if it's always the same. This was the first time I played Lemmings on a freaking gameboy :XD:): AAFBFHBG

Hope I could help you! But I still would suggest the DOS version for Lemmings 2 as not having the mouse is painful --- although with the ability to pause + select a skill at the same time I was able to easily perform a basher staircase ;)

If you want to --- try out some custom Lemmings packs here! NeoLemmix and Lix provide you with enough stuff for eternity and precise controls to make excecuting solutions easy --> your only problem is actually finding the solution!

EDIT: A neat thing I found in this version: You can cancel a miner with a basher when he is about to move forward. Also if you need a visual presentation of the solution: I could try and record a video.

Leo:
It is painful to play without a mouse, but you can't just switch to some other (mouse supported) version, like it's doesn't matter. Levels are not the same. It's not the same game.
Although, it's not a bad idea to switch to Sega Game Gear version (much more colorful graphics and better sound) or Sega Master System (not so good as GG in graphics and sound, but certainly better then Gameboy). Master System version is easiest to play of all 8-bit versions, because resolution is much higher then GB and GG (even higher then SNES version). So, 'window' to the level is much bigger.

ccexplore:
Now I'm intrigued.  Are you sure it really requires saving all 8 on all levels?  Even on DOS Lemmings 2 there are a few levels where you are expected to lose 1 or 2 for gold (the fact that it turns out there exists a no-loss solution for all levels is a separate matter).  It would appear IchoTolot found a no-loss solution for the level, though it also sounded way more like a challenge solution than a more typical solution, especially if it relies so heavily on savestates, which of course doesn't exist on the actual Gameboy.

Not sure that's enough to get me to try to find a download of the ROM and install an emulator for it (esp. a Gameboy version of all versions :-\), but tempting...

And to be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a level seems suspiciously too hard.  There was one level in NES Lemmings 1 that I remembered as being way harder than average compare to other levels, and when you compare it against the Gameboy version (which has similar but not identical levels, also similar but not identical physics), there is reason to suspect they might have set the save requirement incorrectly on the NES version.

adam0509:
Done ! Thank you :thumbsup:

Now I can finish the game I didn't 100% clear 20 years ago XD

This forum is amazing guys ! :lem-shocked:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version