Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Raylems  (Read 15167 times)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Raylems
« on: April 30, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
Hello everyone!

This is my first levelpack ever so it's not that big, only 30 levels. The puzzles might not be that mind boggling, but I still hope someone will get enjoyment out of them. :D
I made 6 new tilesest for this pack and I'm planning to make more in the future.

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hy0i15gidt6cydj/Raylems.zip

Criticism, comments, replays and backrouting is always welcom! Especially I have only tested these levels myself. :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:53:14 PM by Raymanni »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] Raylems
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:15:06 PM »
Haven't tried the pack yet, but from the previews, the tilesets look VERY impressive! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 06:04:15 PM »
Haven't tried the pack yet, but from the previews, the tilesets look VERY impressive! :)
Thanks! I had fun making them. :D

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »
I solved them all.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
That's great! I'm glad to see that there weren't any major backroutes, but some tricks made me facepalm. How didn't I see them myself? :D

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »
OwO!
It's always so nice seeing very detailed tilesets, I'm trying this!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
This looks very nice :thumbsup:

Quite a few things happened while I was away! After testing through Lemmings Evolution (at least the current test version) it seems like I've got another thing to play through. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »
Played through the levels, some good stuff there :thumbsup:

Some general things I noticed:

It seems like you forgot to set the color of the minimap in (all) of your tilesets in the GraphicSetTool. My minimap (set on low quality) is only showing a black void with green lemming dots :P

Sometimes I don't get why you chose to have a locked RR on some levels (the one with all the gliders especially), as it often don't really add or prevent anything and even draggs the level out a bit when you solved it and there are still lemmings spawning. Did you simply forgot it was turned on in the editor?

Some comments:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 08:32:06 PM »
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the levels. :D
I indeed did forgot to set the color of the minimap, I'll remember to do that in my future projects!
I sometimes might have forgotten to unlock the RR, but sometimes it was intended. Sometimes I thought "Gee, maybe increasing the RR at this point might ruin the puzzle?", maybe I was overthinking. :P

It seems that I have a lot to learn, but it was nice watching your replays and reading your comments! Thank you! :thumbsup:

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 08:37:52 PM »
From what I've played, some of the levels have me completely stumped
Some of them kinda feel like Nepsterlems levels in terms of difficulty

Here are my thoughts on each of the tilesets

Ray_Circus

Food

Ray_Snow

Cyberspace

Sewers

El Dorado

This leaves me with two questions
1.When will we be able to edit with these tilesets?
2.Do you consider editing your three lix sets so they can be used on Neolemmix? I've already converted your toys set as "Raymanni_Toys" If you want to touch that up I can send it to ya

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »
Thanks Gigalem!

All of your suggestions are great, and that's actually the reason why I didn't release the tilesets yet, I wanted to hear opinions and suggestions about stuff I could change/fix. :D

Funny thing; I actually planned for the cyberspace exit to be an old monitor, but I changed it for some reason.
I also already made a red valve for the sewers, but I didnt use it in any of the levels.

Im going to make some tweaks and add some stuff to the tilesets before I release them to public. :D
I'm also going to release NeoLemmix versions of my lix tiles too, because I love making them! :lix-grin:
Please do send me the toy tiles you have worked on and I'll have a look at it tomorrow. :lix-wink:

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 11:30:29 PM »
Here are my replays. Cool tile sets!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 02:38:43 AM »
Here are my replays as well! I wasn't able to beat every level, though. Thank you very much for this pack and the graphic sets; as everyone else said, these are ASTOUNDING graphic sets! My favorite ones are the Food, Cyberspace and Sewers!

Comments (click to show/hide)

Looking forward to more of your levels and tilesets!
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
I played through the whole pack, too. Very nice new graphic sets :thumbsup:, even though you'll find a few complaints about them in the comments...

Some comments (click to show/hide)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 05:32:40 PM »
Thank you for your comments Wafflem and Nepster, I really appreciate them! I've learned a lot about designing levels (especially about locked RR) and it's a good thing. :D

I'm making some adjustments to the tilesets right now to fix the things you mentioned. I have animated the balloons better so the player knows that they are not solid.
I'm not really sure what I could do to the pool though, maybe rounden the edges a bit?