Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]  (Read 41282 times)

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2020, 08:07:19 PM »
Sorry for the late response but here it is. I'm not sure how to check the version of the pack but I used all of the skills in the replay so it may not be a backroute.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2020, 08:14:29 PM »
Hmm, not exactly intended, but perhaps an acceptable variant. The intended way uses a different creative trick not seen in many custom levels. Looks like the trick I showed you on Hellish 19 of Sublems came in handy here, even though it's not necessary to solve either level. Then again, the easiest fix I can think of here to block off your solution is to simply extend the OWW to the entire wall, including the top. Let's see if Icho agrees.

As for checking the version, Dovelems is one of the few packs that doesn't display the version of the pack anywhere in the main menu, including the scroller at the bottom in the main menu, so instead you'll have to check the dates of the affected levels and match it up to the date that the updated version was released in this topic. However, I can tell you that from watching the replay that you have the up-to-date version of Devilish 25. I'm just not sure if you have the most recent version of the pack, v2.9, which is dated September 6 this year. There were a lot of levels that got updated with this one, so you'll have to check if any of the levels affected are dated September 6 in your NL directory. If you find any, then you have the most recent version of the pack. If not, you can download the latest version in the OP.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:52:23 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2020, 01:40:19 AM »
oh, wow Yeah let's see if Icho updates Dovelems again for this Devilish 25 to prevent this solution. I would agree with Kaywhyns solution to fix the level.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2020, 06:55:36 AM »
V 3.0 is out!

Fixes:

- 3 25 (extended the OWW)

Yes, that fix is 100% the easiest. Also, thanks for the replay Shmolem! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:23:38 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2020, 08:40:44 AM »
(extended the OWW)

Yes, that fix is 100% is easiest.

Wow, nice to see my suggestion of a fix was actually used :) I haven't even gotten into level designing yet and already I'm starting to think like a level designer when it comes to backroute fixing ;) I feel a level collab coming one of these days. After I have made some decent levels myself first, of course ;)

Good luck in the rest of your quest to beat Dovelems, Shmolem. You can do this! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »
Hello,

after having completed the Devilish rank today, I possibly found some backroutes/alternative solutions for some levels - which could be fixed or not.

These are: Devilish 5 (Brick-a-Brack), Devilish 14 (Chernobyl Survivors), Devilish 18 (It's an Evil Symphony!), Devilish 20 (Stratum), Devilish 21 (Lem Pipe), Devilish 24 (Staircase to the Bottom), Devilish 26 (The Triangular Prison which remains empty all the time), Devilish 28 (Assault Course) and, finally, Devilish 30 (Make the Big 8).

All my solutions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 06:17:38 PM by Swerdis »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »
Haven't watched any of Swerdis's youtube solutions but if there needs to be fixes, I'm sure Icho will be on it.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »
Hello,

after having completed the Devilish rank today, I possibly found some backroutes/alternative solutions for some levels - which could be fixed or not.

These are: Devilish 5 (Brick-a-Brack), Devilish 14 (Chernobyl Survivors), Devilish 18 (It's an Evil Symphony!), Devilish 20 (Stratum), Devilish 21 (Lem Pipe), Devilish 24 (Staircase to the Bottom), Devilish 26 (The Triangular Prison which remains empty all the time), Devilish 28 (Assault Course) and, finally, Devilish 30 (Make the Big 8).

All my solutions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka 

I was aware of your videos and I appreciate the feedback. ;)    Icho sees many things. :8():

I just wanted to wait until you have uploaded the complete pack, then I plan to watch them all and take notes on what to be fixed.

Quite a few of the levels you listed are problem childs and as I took a look 3 14, 3 18, 3 20, 3 21, 3 26 and 3 30 definitly need fixes, but again I will wait until you posted your complete solution collection and then prepare the appropriate fix. ;)

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2020, 12:54:53 AM »
Devilish 27 has stumped me and I've taken a break for a while. It seems like you need 13 builders to complete it but you only get 12.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2020, 04:25:25 AM »
Hey Shmolem, not a problem at all. If you're stuck on a level in a particular pack, then getting away from it and playing other packs in the meantime can definitely do wonders. Just remember that you can always ask Icho or any of us who has completed Dovelems for a hint if you need one.

As for Devilish 27, I took a look at the level, and yes I remember this one being a difficult one when I first played the pack on Lemmini way back in 2013 or around there. Obviously it's a remake of "They just keep on coming/One way or another" from the original Lemmings, and I think the solution is pretty awesome here. I couldn't remember the solution for a couple of minutes, but I did play it and I was able to solve it again after having not played the pack for a really long time. Regarding your approach, if you were successful in pulling off that route, it will have to be patched out. However,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:56:25 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2020, 08:00:30 PM »
SOOOOOOOO..... I think I may have completely broke this level, OR, this is the actually solution. I used every skill so it may be intended but it's so weird it doesn't feel intended. But with my luck it's gonna be another Sandopolis Act 2 thing where I thought so hard that it was a backroute when it wasn't. I really can't stop thinking about the whole Sandopolis Act 2 thing huh?

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2020, 08:09:10 PM »
That is 100% NOT intended. Far from it. For one thing, it avoids the central trick completely. For another, you SHOULDN'T be able to dig through steel like that, as steel is impossible to destroy in NL. Then again, the moss is definitely to blame here, because it goes through the entire steel block from top to bottom and thus allowed you to dig there.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 08:14:12 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2020, 08:15:49 PM »
Yeahhhh... that’s kinda what I thought. I was just bored trying to solve the level then I noticed the digger would let me go through that so I’m like.. HOLD UP! I didn’t think it was intended but I did it anyway I think I’ll finish Devilish and go back and try to do the intended way.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2020, 08:20:02 PM »
Yeah, that needs a fix!

I will prepare a big patch anyway when Swerdis has uploaded the rest of the pack on YT and your backroute will be addressed there as well. :)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2020, 08:29:10 PM »
Yeah, that's definitely shouldn't be allowed digging thru steel. yes the moss is to blame. I tried digging in my Superlemmini Dovelems for this level, It won't even dig anywhere on steel even with a little bit of moss.

So your solution couldn't even work in my Superlemmini Devilish 27