Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]  (Read 41279 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »
that's funny my replay shows 26 seconds remaining. of course as I'm lousy at solving so this isnt the replay of mine.

this is the replay I got though.

is this replay the intended solution?

also I think you meant 2.7 is out as when I downloaded it shows 2.7 but here you said 2.6 which was posted earlier with a steel block

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »
This solution id indeed intended.

And yes I meant 2.7 -- fixed that. ;)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 10:11:43 AM »
Yes, Coward 15 is much easier now. Also, I absolutely agree with Icho's assessment that the levels should stay in the ranking and in the exact same order as they were in Lemmini.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2020, 11:43:28 PM »
RE: Icholotot
I noticed your Devilish 25 neolemmix level (The Way to go up) is quite a bit different than lemmini's version of the same level. I have converted the Lemmini version to Superlemmini(still in process of getting bugs out from Superlemmini's version as the conversion is not 100%)
So Im up to Devilish 25 now. Also I used the neolemmix editor to get the Lemmini version(now in Superlemmini) to get it to neolemmix. see Attachment. I don't know why the neolemmix one was so different but if you wish(don't have to) you can replace your's with the actual one Dodochacolo had. also I attached a replay for this actual one that Dodochacolo had on his Youtube channel.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:57:59 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2020, 04:57:50 AM »
Huh, that is interesting. Thanks for pointing this out, eric. I just took a look at the current NL version of Devilish 25, and another curious thing I found: I was able to backroute and solve the level without picking up either blocker pickup. It almost fails, but it does work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is an easy fix, though: just shift the final huge wall to the right. Alternatively, make only two builders available at the start and the remaining 9 builders pickups.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2020, 06:46:46 AM »
Yes I did your version (also I have it attached) also done in just under the 3min that was allowed in lemmini's time.

Have you downloaded the actual one and replay that was from Lemmini(Superlemmini)?
and Can you see the Difference in the level?

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2020, 07:01:20 AM »
Mine is almost exactly the one you posted, except I let the worker lemming fall onto the golden pillar and built the rest of the path instead of one very long bridge from the blue bubble. Nevertheless, both work and avoid the pickup skills completely, so they're backroutes. Yes, I looked at the Lemmini version and so I know the differences in the level layout, and for a while I couldn't remember the solution, but I was able to solve it.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2020, 01:34:02 PM »
V 2.8 is out!

Fixes:

- 3 25 (some terrain changes)

Let me clarify things here:

In my conversion I used the version of 3 25 as it originally was.
Probably because the backroute where you just use a blocker at the start is unfixable in Lemmini/SuperLemmini made Dodochacalo change the level in a later version. Now we've got pick-up skills to fix this backroute and I decided to use the original layout of the level.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2020, 03:59:33 PM »
Ok here is the replay I have for v2.8

Is this now intended?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »
Yes, this is intended! :thumbsup:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2020, 07:39:25 PM »
So the version you have now(early one) can NOT be used in Lemmini/Superlemmini because of the backroute(using a blocker), but the one he has now can be used in Superlemmini. But his original one(early one) can be used in neolemmix because neolemmix has pickup skills so the backroute can be fixed. I just want to make sure I understand since I'm converting his now(later one) of Devilish 25 to Superlemmini.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2020, 10:12:18 PM »
So the version you have now(early one) can NOT be used in Lemmini/Superlemmini because of the backroute(using a blocker), but the one he has now can be used in Superlemmini. But his original one(early one) can be used in neolemmix because neolemmix has pickup skills so the backroute can be fixed. I just want to make sure I understand since I'm converting his now(later one) of Devilish 25 to Superlemmini.

Correct. :)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2020, 06:49:05 AM »
I see Icho your youtube video on neolemmix's dovelems is up to devilish 20. almost to 25 then I will see your replay on it. good thing you changed it on kaywhns solution which I managed to do also with a minor variation. I figure you don't do a commentary ones because it's dodochacalo's but it's still nice to see the replays. also the music in your dovelems is better than just the amiga ones which are there because you didn't include a custom music pack for it like you did with Pimolems

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2020, 06:56:44 AM »
also i have franlems and dodo's other ones in neolemmix. although many levels have glitches. especially in dodos other packs(catchapack and dodopack).
There's a level called secret labratory. and the glitch only works in Lemmini, not sure about Superlemmini. Definitely not in neolemmix. so I reacreated the solution which looks similar to the glitch one without the glitch.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2020, 07:00:22 AM »
also Lemmin's version of dovelemms I converted to Superlemmini