Author Topic: Games I'm maybe thinking of completing one day.  (Read 24453 times)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Games I'm maybe thinking of completing one day.
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »
Hi guys

Hope you are doing okay. I might maybe list some games that I'm determined to finish, lately I've just completed the car vup game the one for the Atari st. I managed to complete that one without cheating or saving the game as you couldn't save it on the Atari st back in the day. You could probably save it when playing it on the Atari st emulator using the save game state features but that would make those type of games far to easy. A lot of the Atari games were like that except for games like lemmings, pushover, colour clash, chips challenge where you have a password system.

Feel free to to post your list of games you are determined to complete one day. It does not have to be games you are thinking of completing this year, it could be years away, decades away (etc) if time allows god willing.
Here's my list of games I'm thinking of completing in the future, probably way in the future. These games I feel are very fun to play.

Lemmings Chronicles
Lemmings 3d
Lemmings revolution
Worms forts
Pushover
One Step Beyond (maybe a favourite of Simon's, never played it myself as of yet)
Chips challenge
Shadow Warrior
Rick dangerous 2
No buddies land
Tomb raider Underworld
Tomb raider Anniversary
James pond
Bug
Wolfchild
Pablo and the Gold of Montezuma
Jack Orlando
Grim fandango
Fire and Ice
Enchanted land
Punt 2
Operation starfish
Popcorn (Breakout style game)
Starquake
Bart vs the space mutants
Worms (weapons of mass destruction)
Shufflepuck cafe
The Simpsons Bart vs the world
Slug (Sokoban type game for the atari st)
Supaplex
Bubble Bobble (Not allowed to use continues)
Captain Dynamo
World Racer 2
Heartlight
The lost Vikings
Hook (dos)
Chuck's Challenge
Sonic CD
I-Fluid
Kevs World (atari st)
Polyball
One More Roll
Steg (atari st)
Rise of the Tomb raider
Lmarbles
Fort Boyard the quest
Speed Thief
Gods
Fire and Brimstone (atari st)
Droid (atari st)
Droid 2 (atari st)
Psycho Pig (First one)
Ozone 2 (atari st)

I might change the list from time to time but the games that have the line through it are the ones that I have completed from the list
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 12:09:25 PM by grams88 »

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Games I'm maybe thinking of completing one day.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »
Interesting thread!
Of course, I'll only list games I've got already.
Hm, let me think.

I want to 100% Yoshi's Island. (the GBA version)
I'd like to 100% Super Mario 64, but it might be difficult to do without a guide.
I'd like to beat Super Mario Sunshine. 100% seems too tedious, even with a guide.
I'd like to beat Rayman 2. The original Rayman seems too difficult and at times very unfair, and Rayman 3 I haven't got yet. But I'd like to complete that one too.
I'd like to 100% Mario Kart: Super Circuit, but it's incredibly difficult. Without a guide to how the rating system worked or emulator-driven research, it seems nigh impossible. But even with a guide, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do it.

That's all for now... I think. But I might come up with more later.

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
Nice choices 607! Here is my list:

Yoshi's Island (I've made it to the final boss before, but never beaten it. Maybe I'll 100% it as well)
Rayman (I've made it to Eat at Joe's, at which point it wasn't fun anymore)
de Blob 2 (de Blob 1 was fun, and 2 seems to have fixed most of the issues 1 had)
Sonic Adventure DX 100% (Those Big missions though)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 100% (Amazing game, really blew me away)
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Amusing game, but it glitches easily)
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (I made it to the boss of the Sky Temple, and I can't find my way back to the boss room)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (I played a little bit of it, but didn't make it far)
Super Mario RPG (I made it to MerryMore)
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix 100% (I still can't beat those Organization Mushrooms)
Megaman 8 (The only classic Megaman game I haven't beaten)
Harvest Moon 64 (Never seen the Summer Year 3 ending)
Banjo-Tooie 100% (CANARY MARY is the only thing standing in my way)
Shovel Knight 100% (All challenges and achievements, including DLC)
Rocket Robot on Wheels (interesting game, but you have to get a LOT of stuff before you beat it)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 100% (I really want to Let's Play this, but it would be hundreds of episodes)

Man, I've got a lot to play...
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:49:53 PM »
Would definitely vouch for Minish Cap and Superstar Saga; two games I've personally 100% finished multiple times and enjoyed greatly.
As for me... I don't really know if I'll complete a game when I start playing it. Usually I don't because there's parts that are just too annoying to bother with.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:53:10 AM »
I've tried to 100% Yoshi's Island before, but I always get burnt out after the first world. I would not recommend it. However, Any% is very enjoyable and probably my favorite Mario game.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 12:29:24 AM »
A lot of really good games out there, I've been playing the enchanted land game recently using the Atari st emulator.

A good thing to do if you have completed a certain game, maybe we could score the game out with a line so that it shows that you have completed that certain game.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 06:30:14 AM »
Would definitely vouch for Minish Cap and Superstar Saga; two games I've personally 100% finished multiple times and enjoyed greatly.
Agreed. I've finished Superstar Saga multiple times, and always really enjoy it.
I actually gave up on The Minish Cap, though, as I got very frustrated by not finding ways to spend my rupees. I had 999 rupees, and kept finding chests with 100 or 200 rupees inside, which would be a complete waste. >:(

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 07:08:27 AM »
I actually did finish 100%ing Yoshi's Island for GBA some days ago!! :D
Of all the games I've ever beaten, it's definitely my favourite. Such a masterpiece!!

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
I love this topic. Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to posting my contribution.

When I was younger, I kept a list like this of the games I really wanted to beat one day -- most of them I never did, but Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings were two I did manage to cross off 8-) I don't remember many others, but I know that Scarab of Ra was one more that was on there for a long time and felt awesome when I finally beat it. Now, my old Mac is up in the attic and hasn't been touched for years, so I don't play most of those games any more. Maybe one day I'll see if I can get it working again.

As for other games, my friend Jonathan and I have gone to retro-gaming conventions once or twice a year, and while part of the fun of that is trying out new games, I also love revisiting my childhood favourites and seeing if I can do any better now. As well as Repton 2 (which I talked about just now in another topic), at these events I've beaten Chuckie Egg* and the four Genesis Sonic games on original hardware.

*The last 8 levels loop infinitely. Beating the game means reaching and completing the last unique level, Level 40.

Some games I haven't crossed off yet, but would love to get the better of one day:

Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country (I've reached the last level)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (this is much harder, I've only reached the second world)
Sonic CD
Chrono Trigger (I've reached the final boss)
Psychopath
...there are probably more I can't remember off the top of my head :P

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »
I completed the bart vs the space mutants in a whole run. The last level of that game was tricky as you had to remember what places you have been to.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 11:08:01 PM »
I've added Supaplex to the list of games as this was a game I discovered, might of been someone who talked about it on the lemmings forum.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 02:09:19 AM »
I've added Supaplex to the list of games as this was a game I discovered, might of been someone who talked about it on the lemmings forum.

There's a Lemmings tileset based on it ;)

I think it was originally a Lix tileset converted into NeoLemmix though :)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 06:41:26 AM »
Splatoon 2's Single player.
I have yet to pick it up because of how tiresome it is to play.
I may or may not rant the living daylights out of it when I do my reviews.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 02:32:51 PM »
Splatoon 2's Single player.
I have yet to pick it up because of how tiresome it is to play.
I may or may not rant the living daylights out of it when I do my reviews.

It feels no different to the first game to be honest, my internet connection is pretty bad so I can't get max enjoyment out of this game anyway.

It would be nice if we had a Splatoon squad set up because it's better with friends you can communicate with :)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »
I never got into online multiplayer with Splatoon 1; I mainly got it for my sister who did enjoy it a lot. I did actually like the single player, though the final boss was very tedious.