Author Topic: Freedom Planet Tilesets (2017-Beyond)  (Read 24738 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Freedom Planet Tilesets (2017-Beyond) - Happy Milla Day!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »
Happy Milla Day everybody! (This level you see here is just a VGAspec, which was made before the actual set, The level will be released later)

Today is November 14th, which is Milla Day! what is Milla Day you may ask?

its a fable as old as the Avalice archives themselves...

In the ancient days of Skype, a group of friends were chatting and speculating and all the boosh.
when they released "There's a lot of people who have Milla profile icons" so it spiraled out of control and into its own holiday
and for that, Plom510 made a graphic for the ocaision (Credit to gronkling for the water and water)

note, this graphic set is only 98% complete
Edit:this set will be updated when the remaining stuff get added, those are the following (Phantom Burst Mine trap, Moss pieces)
Edit 2:Set is 100% complete

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Freedom Planet Tilesets (2017-Beyond)
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 07:33:30 AM »
I have updated the first post and and the post above, grab the update when you can :thumbsup:

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 06:07:01 AM »
It's been a while but considering a new skill has been made, things had to be accommodated

here's all the sets + sounds if in case you don't have them yet. This change fixes a couple things and adds the shimmier to the sprites and pickup skills. Things can and will change in the future meaning I can't catch a break now can I? :'(

Download

I'll change the first post

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 02:06:21 AM »
Well its finally here, the big set update I promised all the way back in fabruary
Graphic Set Update - April 2020

As such, Here is the change log
Freedom Planet Graphic Set Update April 2020

Changes to all sets
-New Arrows
-New Pieces

Changes to Dragon Valley
-New Boulder Trap, old one is now Deprecated

Changes to Aqua Tunnel
-New Switch, old one is now Deprecated
-New water based on 1.5.0 alpha

Changes to Shang Mu Academy
-New unlock switch, old one is Dprecated (added in 12.8 due to Idle Button Support)

Changes to Relic Maze
-New Exit and Switch, old one is now Deprecated

Changes to Fortune Night
-New Exits however, due to the Deprecated tag not working with the set as I hoped, the old exits had to be removed, if you have any of these exits in the sets please remove them now to prevent anything breaking
-Elevator styled Teleporters

Changes to Jade Creek
-an old trap returns in a more accurate form, the Submarine bomb trap!
-one way fields added, water that is safe to walk through

Changes to Thermal Base
-New Exit/Locked Exit, New Switch, New Trap, old ones are now Deprecated
-Do you remember the torture chamber Lilac was in? Yeah we made that a new trap now

Changes to Pangu Lagoon
-New Switches, New Splitter, Old ones are now Deprecated

Changes to Battle Glacier
-New versions of Traps & Tent Exit, however Deprecated tag conflicts with set pieces again. Please remove rocket_01 and rocket_02 before use
-New Updraft

Changes to Final Dreadnought
-New Exits and Locked Exit, New One Way Fields, Deprecated tag was not working as expected, please remove any of the old versions of the Exit (the one refrencing Final Dreadnought 4) and the One Way fields to prevent breakage
-Splat and Anti-Splat Pads Added, like with the new oneway field, they have nine slicing applied
-Updraft readded, this time with the new look and Nine slicing applied
-New switch, old one has been Deprecated (added in 12.8 due to Idle Button Support)
-Shade Water with a glow applied

Changes to Horizon Starport
-New One way fields, However due to the Deprecated not working as expected, please remove any of the old One way fields before updating
-New Teleporter and Reciever, old ones have been Deprecated
-New Rocket Exits, & a new Switch

Changes to Basset Temple
-Old Trap Sound Effect has been Restored
-Splat and Anti Splat pads
-Teleporter and Reciever added
-Decorative moon with a glow applied

Because of certain sets not playing Ball with the Deprecated tag in the editor, I have linked the old versions of certain objects below if you wish to get them back in the game. They'll no longer receive any updates as I've have issues getting them to work while existing in the same folder as the new objects. I rather you use the new and improved object since they'll used for now on
Old objects in question I Recommend cleansing your levels or replacing your FP graphic set folder with the new ones (as in move the old ones out and put in the new ones)

This update will be autodownloadable in the future

I hope you enjoy this, Plom510 and I worked hard on them.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 09:36:10 PM »
Hi! IchoTolot told me your latest update would include a Jumper sprite. However, none of the downloads I can find here has one. Thus, whenever I use one of your Freedom Planet tilesets and set it as a theme, i.e. so that the Millas sprites should appear, NeoLemmix falls back to default sprites.

Are the Millas sprites storted in some separate thread now? Because gigalem_millas is definitely a folder included in the download here, and it does contain a Shimmier sprite, but not a Jumper. ;)

Thanks in advance!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 10:14:35 PM »
Hi! IchoTolot told me your latest update would include a Jumper sprite. However, none of the downloads I can find here has one. Thus, whenever I use one of your Freedom Planet tilesets and set it as a theme, i.e. so that the Millas sprites should appear, NeoLemmix falls back to default sprites.

Are the Millas sprites storted in some separate thread now? Because gigalem_millas is definitely a folder included in the download here, and it does contain a Shimmier sprite, but not a Jumper. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Update it using the styles manager or the download on the NL page.

Most updates to styles are handled over the standard library so there is no need to search through all relevant topics anymore. Every update is also posted in the current NL update topic: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4872.0
The download there has the correct Milla sprites - I checked. ;)

Although again the style manager in-game should work as well now if you want a quick update.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »
Ah, thanks - I was looking for this automatic update function, but I misremembered it as being part of the editor (where I kept searching for it in vain), not the player. :thumbsup:
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2020, 02:53:17 AM »
And now its time for the next set update!
December 2020 set update

The Change Log

Changes for All sets
-new sets Stone Core and Plom Special
-Additional less saturated BGs, this will be the last time the sets will have their BGs changed
-Most sets now have recolored Millas to fit the level, however not all sets have them for context purposes. Aqua Tunnel, Relic Maze, Thermal Base, Basset Temple, Final Dreadnought and Stone Core use default Millas

GigaLem Special
-Pangu Themed Pillar and Honeycomb pieces (theres a good reason for those)
-Additional set pieces and objects

Thermal Base
-Secondary Animation for Crusher
-New water, replaces old water, but shouldn't affect levels due to horizontal resize

Final Dreadnought
-Laser Sight added to the Final Deadnought 1 lasers

Pangu Lagoon
-Firefly With Glow
-New Rainbow Steel

Trap Hideout
-Audience added to the Exit

Basset Temple
-Statues and Mural added in memorial of my Late Brother
-Phantom Blocks of Various Colors plus a dull brown steel block
-extra vines

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
A new set from Freedom Planet 2, however it'll be the last FP2 graphic set for a long while, at the moment of me posting this, I'm updating the thread to feel a bit more robust.

Avian Museum, the sprite atlas is in the files of the Sample demo but no level data, since there was enough tiles, I decide to make it a graphic Set, this Set started in september 2020, at the same time Lilac's Treehouse set was finished.

Freedom Planet 2 Graphic Sets

I made a sample pack to show off the sets in action
Freedom Planet 2 Graphic Set Sampler

Change log for these sets
New Sets
Avian Museum
gigalem_millas2

Changes to Dragon Valley
-Rocks & wood from Version 1.0.7, and revised steel pieces
-Additional BGs for the different times of Day
-New Exits, Switches, Pickup Skill, One Way Field, and One Way Fields (old exit depreciated)
-Revised Keon Trap thanks to plom, it even has an idle animation

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Freedom Planet Tilesets (2017-Beyond) - Quick fix for the 12.12 update
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2021, 02:50:58 AM »
Finally I can use the two new skills for Millas, Thanks to plom510 I was able to Arm the Millas with guns or teach them the ninja slides, in other words, they now have fitting sprites and lines of code for the new skills. Replace your gigalem_millas and gigalem_millas2 folders in NeoLemmix with this.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 03:14:14 AM »
Thanks alot Gigalem. I knew the Millas sprites needed a fix for the new skills in 12.12.xx as any levels using Millas would use the default sprites. Although Sift
PM'd with with a temporary fix so levels would use the Millas sprites(Except for the Laserer and Slider).  Now we have the Millas sprites for the new skills.

Already tested a few levels. They now use the Millas sprites.   Again Thanks Gigalem

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Freedom Planet Tilesets (2017-Beyond) - September 2021 Set update
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 12:19:18 AM »
It's finally here, lots of QoL stuff and more, it's time for the September 2021 update
Video Here

You can grab the Set update right now, link Below

Download

Now for the Change Log!
New Set - Brevon's Lair by Plom510, based on the final dreadnought set, this factory based set gives the idea of were Brevon Builds his Robots

Millas - Slider offset fixed

All Sets
All sets save for 3 has recieved brand new steel, some are resizable, and all of them have corner steel
All sets went through piece tagging, resulting in clean up in the editor through deprecated pieces, and nine slice resizable pieces to making certain sets easier to use
All but Final Dreadnought and Stone Core has added Transparent Water/Water falls

Shang Mu Academy
-Unlock Target adds an extra unlock frame
-spikes are now resizable

Aqua Tunnel
-Resizable and ninesliced water added
-fixed waterfall animation, adding 2 extra frames in order of animation
-spikes are resizable

Sky Battalion
-All but one fire hazard had resizability
-Pick up skill had number adjustments
-Cloud objects

Dragon Valley
-Fire and no-trigger objects have resizability
-Entrance's coloring is finally fixed after 6 years, I'm sorry if that entrance drove you insane
-Water is no longer a recolor, instead its a brighter version of Thermal Bases's new water

Final Dreadnought
-Electricity Resized/nine sliced
-Green Water Fall added

Fortune Night
-Daytime BG added
-Water has been nine sliced
-Splitter added

Jade Creek
-Day Time BGs and Underwater BGs added
-Decor has been made resizable

Relic Maze
-Resizablity has been added to spikes and decor
-Nine Sliced Fire pit
-Millas now have Gong's Colors for this set

Thermal Base
-Fire and Water has been nine slice, vertical fire has been added to get around NeoLemmix's wierdness
-one way conveyor belts added

Basset Temple and Stone Core
-Day time, Autumn and Winter BGs added to the Basset Temple Set
-Nine Sliced Water
-More Colored Block Pieces

GigaLem and Plom510 Special
-Adjusted pieces
-Autumn leaves
-updated one of the FM2020 credits pieces due to a name change
-Sapphire, Gold and Platinum versions of Relic Maze, no I will not add purple ones for the "Toys for Bob" relics thank you very much

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2021, 07:17:49 AM »
Just a heads up, your ZIP (at least, via the link you posted in the styles update topic) also contains a copy of your personal "styles.ini" file.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2021, 09:18:00 AM »
Just a heads up, your ZIP (at least, via the link you posted in the styles update topic) also contains a copy of your personal "styles.ini" file.
Oh yeah that, I was wanting to have proper names for the FP sets including some of My friend's sets, is it okay if those names could be applied to default neolemmix style.ini file?

I'm not asking for the file to replace the current one, im only asking for the proper renaming so finding my friend's sets are no longer an issue

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2021, 12:45:56 AM »
With FM2021 now Released, I've updated some download links to accommodate the new release.

FM set - 2021
Change Log
All Sets
Resizability + Nineslicing
Sets that didn't have waterfalls or proper transparent water before have it now

Midnight Formosago
Improved Pieces for the Bricks

Mabetu
One Way Fields, Teleporters, and Switches