NeoLemmix > NeoLemmix Main

What NeoLemmix options do you use? Let's cull the other ones!

(1/9) > >>

Nepster:
NeoLemmix has an ever growing variety of options and hotkeys. Among them are certainly some that noone still uses, because once upon a time they were useful, but newer features made them redundant. These clutter the options menu and make NeoLemmix harder to use for new players. So to determine which options and hotkeys are actually in use, I would appreciate if you could
1) Send me your file NeoLemmix147Settings.ini (located in the same directory as your NeoLemmix.exe).
2) Tell me what hotkey functions you used during the last two or three months. If you haven't played levels recently, then extend the time period as appropriate.
3) Tell me whether you use any of the Debug option (like Infinite Skills or Skill Overrides).
Either post your answers here or send me a PM.

After some time (probably when one week passed without anyone answering/sending me anything), I will post a summary and we can discuss which options to cull.

Simon:
1) Attached.
2) I've remapped nearly everything that I use, so I've attached the hotkeys. Maybe I've remapped even what I don't use. I don't believe I know precisely what I've used either. I'd probably err towards listing too many keys because it's easy to conjure scenarios where they'd be useful.
3) Never used them, but I don't build or maintain NL levels.

-- Simon

Proxima:
I've attached mine as well; I haven't used NL much because DROD takes up most of my gaming time, but I'm definitely interested in playing when I have time.

Hotkeys: I use save replay, load replay, directional select, pause, restart level, forward and back 1 second, and forward 10 seconds.

Never used debug options.

IchoTolot:
1) attached

2) I use the standard layout. Most used hotkeys are: Time skips, pause, FF, savestates, hightlighting, directional select, walker select, replay, toggle music/sound.....
    ---> It would be better to list what I don't use ;P:  I select all skils via mouse, so I don't use hotkeys for skills, RR, nuke. Also the edit replay feature isn't used, I rather see the stuff. But I think that's about it.

3) never used the debug mode. ---> the editor is the debug mode     so I recommed cull there ;)  YES ICHO SAYS CULL!! :lem-mindblown:

bulletride:
I use frame skip back/forward (big skip and little skip for each), ff, restart,  save/load replay, cancel replay, image, pause, directional select, select walker, clear physics, toggle music, select lemming, quit. Never noticed the fall distance one but I will use that now as well!

I have never used a debug option besides the one that validates your levels (if that even counts).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version