Author Topic: Re: MobiLems II --- released!  (Read 13275 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: MobiLems II --- released!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:45 AM »
Does anyone have the music files from Lemmings Revolution handy?

So far, the closest thing I can find is Codie Kitty's site, but he/she tends to leave out musics just because he/she doesn't like them, so this list is incomplete. I know that the Main Menu music of Lemmings Revolution isn't on there either.

---

On another note, what's the name of the music in this level?

thanks!

that song is from Super Mario Kart 64, rainbow road.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
SUPER MOBILEMS UPDATE 9000
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 11:01:40 PM »
SUPER MOBILEMS UPDATE 9000:

download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLems2%20v3.zip

Changes:
First rank now has tutorial levels in the beginning and some new levels [mostly easy repeats of later levels].
 While I moved some levels around because of feedback on difficulty it may seem like a lot of things got moved up [harder] in the pack that aren’t that hard---this is because of all the levels added to the beginning so everything got shifted toward the end of the pack.

Following levels have fixes:
Quantum Non-Locality -- major overhaul, Tarred with the Same Brush,  Turnstiles, 
Grueling:  Gosta Chill, Take A Giant Nose Dive [both versions], Lemmings Lament [both], Don’t Let them Out!
Anarchy: Ballad of Flexible Lemming, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Lemming Overboard, Five Easy Steps

Other issues:
Some replays people sent me broke mid-play, but I saw enough to be somewhat sure they were doing the intended solution. If you play a level you think you backrouted before and it wasn’t changed at all [and your backroute still works] let me know.
-The Rineman exchange part 1/2 -- backrouted severely--don’t know how to fix this level so I got rid of part 2.
-Going Down has a major backroute that I don’t know how to fix and will ignore.*
- Bricks of Wrath has a major backroute that I don’t know how to fix and will ignore.*

Following levels were removed:

Cliff of Insanity part 1 --- I thought this level was stupid
Over the Top -- backrouted severely. My original plan for this level won’t work. I may use it later for another pack.
Here comes the Flood -- flood gimmick being removed.
Clues--- few people seemed to get the puzzle to this level and it was too easy to brute force it.
Lemming No Climb Hill --- originally this level was supposed to be a hard one but it was backrouted and I couldn’t fix it, so I made it an easy level. Then I lost it. I may try to remake this for a future pack.

The following levels from MobiLems 1 were previously left out which I’ve put back in:

Pillars of Creation [grueling] -- my second contest level. Originally had custom terrain pieces that I couldn’t figure out how to convert. Turned out to be easier than I expected#.
Hidden Danger [crafty]
Path to Mahimah [crafty]
Upon the Wings of Night [crafty]

*If anyone has any suggestions for fixing these backroute, please feel free to let me know.

#I made this level for Lemmini and added a flipped terrain piece for the crystal set. When opening a level such as this in NeoLemmix format it doesn’t work [because there is a terrain piece in the level over the max number in your graphic set] and you get that diagonal line glitch. Turns out a quick fix is to change the style to a graphic set that has more pieces, change the piece, then change the style back. Of course this only works if the initial graphic set has a lower number of pieces.

Thanks to: Nepster, Namida, IchoTol0t, DynaLem and Proxima for testing levels for this update.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »
Oooh, that's a TON of new levels you've added! :thumbsup:

Noticed a possible typo: Grueling has 29 levels while the others have 30 each. Also, the MobiLems II logo has a black background against it.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 11:25:17 PM »
Oooh, that's a TON of new levels you've added! :thumbsup:

Noticed a possible typo: Grueling has 29 levels while the others have 30 each. Also, the MobiLems II logo has a black background against it.

No that's intentional; a level got removed at the last minute and I have no level to replace it.

And the black background is because I found it too difficult/time consuming to take the steps to make that transparent. I don't think it looks to bad imo.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »
Cake 19 and Cake 23 are both "Lemming's Cry, Heaven's Smile" with the exact same layout. The only difference is that Cake 23 has 10 of each, while Cake 19 has 5 of each.

YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »
Cake 19 and Cake 23 are both "Lemming's Cry, Heaven's Smile" with the exact same layout. The only difference is that Cake 23 has 10 of each, while Cake 19 has 5 of each.

noooooooooooooo. :( I'm so tired of working on this I probably made a bunch of dumb mistakes like this. I'll try and fix it in a few days.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 11:16:16 PM »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLems%20II%20v4.zip

update----with the fix for the silly mistake DynaLem found + a mistake I thankfully thought of-- no idea why this occurred to me but on Five Easy Steps there was an obvious backroute; not only that but the intended solution was impossible. :XD: :XD:

also namida reminded me to make sure; if you have an old save file you still want to use to make sure it's named the same as the filename of the NXP. It's now "MobilemsII"

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: MobiLems II
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »
I am aware the links do not work. This level pack is currently under construction and will be updated/re-released at a later date.

We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime; enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast of waffles and Snyder of Hanover Pretzel pieces.

---If you have a comment or question about this pack or any of my levels please post it in my latest mobilems topic, even if it's not directly about "Mobilems 1"---
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:10:34 AM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku