Author Topic: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - 221 Levels So Far, Help Wanted!  (Read 53819 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Aiming for a 2021 release
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2020, 11:08:28 PM »
Since people are in favor of this idea, I'll have the next Millas set update have recolored Millas depending on the set, I'll probably change a couple of ideas but it'll come, I'll say this now, no Brevon palette for the dreadnought sets because it probably wouldn't make sense in context. I'm sorry but its only fitting for the  Millas to stay the way they are for the dreadnought set since they're saving the world after all. But yeah, I'll get them set up and ready for the next set update.

Edit:PS. I'll make sure they're visible as per Icho's advice, and the pole results will be removed within a few days since theres no need to keep them up after the decision has been made.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) State of the pack Late 2020 Update!
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2020, 03:10:34 AM »
Welcome People, Crazy Year it has been but we're almost done here. Merry Christmas I shall provide an update as my present

First off the NeoTrailMix A show case a my work for 2020

With 2020 coming to a Close, Millas is sitting at 140 levels currently made in the development, but more will be done hopefully in 2021.
I'm getting some extra stuff done in the meantime, I'll be starting off 2021 with getting some stuff done, such as fixing up Festival Millas 2018 and 2019 as well as Updating and releasing a couple of FP2 sets.
And on top of that, and levels that get removed from 2018 and 2019 are put into Millas Time Capsule

I don't know if I'll do another Festival Millas with that many levels again but I hope it was worth the wait
Not that many Talismans are available but if enough solutions come up, they'll be added.

Millas recolors and more added with this update. I hope you'll enjoy what I've added with this one, big thanks to Plom510 for helping out with it.
I'll update the first post sometime later, maybe after I'll release the FP2 set updates, but until FP2 is actually released, Avian Museum will be the last FP2 set for the time being.

Let's push forward towards 2021.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2021, 01:09:39 AM »
Alright Gonna give a Quick Update on things since  I do have things to talk about

First Off I knocked off one of my things on my To do list, I have Updated FP2 Dragon Valley and have put together a new set, Avian Museum
I even made a sample pack with those sets

Second, after uploading the update, I have overhauled the first post of the Freedom Planet Sets thread, I've added some much needed things for it
Take a look for yourself

Lastly, the next thing on my to do list is the Festival Millas overhaul, Ontop of needing to look through replays for 2020, I already have plans on what to do for the prior years and to make then more representative of my quality, however I don't know how soon I can do it, I want to do at least starting with march but my reason for why im not sure when to do it is....because I just finished recording my next lets play, and its a long one. Since Lemmings is turn 30, I did a let's play of the SNES and Genesis versions and I'll be editing and uploading it starting from February 14th. editing and rendering takes a while, and I hope during that process, I can find the drive to fix/replace levels for the prior years and give you a more worthwhile update of FM18 and FM19.
I apologize for not getting to it sooner, but I've been juggling a lot of things in life, This awoo must push through

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »
Another quick update

First off, Festival Millas 2018's Overhaul is finished, almost two months polishing up the pack with the mentally of "How would have done this level now"
This update replaces levels that I'm not happy with, and I couldn't think of a way to make them better per se.
You can grab it right here, and right now!

Second off, Getting started on the Festival Millas 2019 Overhaul. I'm going to go into this relatively soon once I know where to start. However I don't know when I'll be able to finish it considering the fact of me having to move most likely at the end of this month Levels can take a while to make, good levels especially. Sometimes you need a artsy push or a beam of inspiration where you can see how to make a great level work, this extends to the Millas project as well, I also have to look at my FM2020 replays to see what to fix too, I have a lot of work to do with these packs and Millas as well. April has run me ragged due to the impending move. I'm glad I have at least one overhaul done.

Lastly, Level remakes. Something I've been discussing with Kaywhyn are level remakes from the now depreciated "Holiday GigaLems" series of packs (the 2015 & 2016) though I'm willing to remake a level from the long cancelled 2017 pack thread here Though you'll need the old format to look at those levels. I'm even thinking of remaking levels from the pack to fit my level quality of today like a better version of "Sash Flopsy vs Lord Namida" for example

Whatever happens, I thank you so much for your patience

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2021, 01:58:22 AM »
So, is Freedom Planet X Lemmings a compilation of Festival/Holiday packs but remade so as not to be Festival-y?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2021, 02:09:32 AM »
So, is Freedom Planet X Lemmings a compilation of Festival/Holiday packs but remade so as not to be Festival-y?
Freedom Planet X Lemmings is the project name, it takes the world of Avalice and puts it into Lemmings. The lemmings look like Milla, a character from the game.
The title "Festival Millas" is to be the Holiday Lemmings equivalent of Millas like "what would they celebrate during the holidays on Avalice? Like some sort of winter festival?"
resulting in the subtitle "Project Freedom Planet X Holiday Lemmings" the Volume thing didn't come into effect until Festival Millas 2020, being the third installment of the Festival Millas series of packs. The levels are meant to try to make a fictional looking location to add more variety to the sets used. When Festival Millas 2019 gets the overhaul, the subtitle will say "Project Freedom Planet X Holiday Lemmings Vol.2" and if there ends up being a Festival Millas 2021, that will be Vol.4

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2021, 08:02:07 PM »
So, "Festival Millas 2019" becomes "Project Freedom Planet X Holiday Lemmings Vol. 2"?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2021, 09:37:08 PM »
So, "Festival Millas 2019" becomes "Project Freedom Planet X Holiday Lemmings Vol. 2"?
If you're talking about the subtitle? Then Yes!

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Why have things been slow?
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2021, 05:55:17 AM »
A lot has been on my mind lately and that has preventing me from trying to push things forward. However I still want to say, I want to continue to push things forward, get things evaluated, tested and then finally released. But there's been a series of events that might grind things to a halt until things finally settle down for me.

To put it simply...I've been a nervous wreck lately because of the move happening at the end of April, My parents haven't found a place, and I grow more scared and worried as the time ticks. Siblings have one edge to the Nth degree, Landlords have been pushy, and me, I find it a miracle to even get a level finished. I've broke down crying for help once, with some attempts to cry again, May has been a miserable month for me, and the progress I've made was A few levels from me, and 1 remade level from nessy, its not on par with the progress made for the FM2018 overhaul, Likely chance I might have to put the overhaul on hiatus until after the move. I want to help my parents but I struggle with that because I worry about asking at the wrong time. I've been so scared that, its hard to focus my attention on the project that I've pour so many hours into. I've drawn sketches for levels, but lack motivation to build most of them due to priorities and such, I want all this pain to stop. I want to get things back to normal, but life has decided to make this month the most miserable month of my life. Another set for the Millas project has been made and I wanted to make a 10 level sampler of that, but I can't with how much I've been struggling with ideas. I've considered a stress call to finally get some blood turning so I can stop focusing my attention on shiny hunting and actually get levels im proud of made. I've been trying to fight against making copies of other peoples levels just to meet a deadline, I'm trying not to make that mistake again, I've asked around this thread for help with level ideas or help with making unfinished levels become finished levels to help complete a project, update or overhaul. But no such luck from others, I'm in a loop, No peace or levels because of No new place, and No new place to settle down and make levels again. I'd scream for help with my life problems but I don't know where to scream. And to make matters worse, Ogden weather has been awful. Strong winds, Strong rain, Trees to close to power lines and make me feel worried about my hard drive (I've backed up my files a couple of months ago but still) and another powerline needs to get fixed because its a fire hazard. I just want to achieve peace of mind again! I don't want to die before that!

I'm basically trapped and scared, and I don't know what else to do.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
A month and a half of the worst summer later, I have a temporary set up until I have my permanent place...boy I'll need to write a big script of situation for video later.

Fortunately, I'm still as alive as ever, and I got a lot of things to thank for that, I'll be going into detail when that time comes.

So what's on my agenda?

For starters, with the "Double 12" update I'll refer to it as, the skills added for the Millas was extremely quick, Puppies now have to right to bear arms and slide like ninjas

Second, Festival Millas 2019 update, there's a chance I may have to put it on "when it's done" category because I'm trying to get my drive back, my limitation with the 2018/2019 overhaul is "no skills from after said year" hense why it took a bit to release the 2018 overhaul, meaning no jumpers for FM2019's overhaul, and no Shimmiers nor jumpers for FM2018's overhaul. (same with no tilesets from years after) hopefully I can brainstorm a little bit will im in the place, I may make levels at my own pace

Third,  it seems every time I want to get back to work on Millas in the way I wish, making levels when im able to and such, like hits in the back and puts a lock in those plans until something else is taken care off, I've practically lost the summer due to my move, and the worst part was, I REALLY wanted to record Crash 2 during the summer, I honestly did, but finding a place to stay plus hopping from hotel to hotel was just....horrid. especially with short tempered adults. Thank you Miitopia for getting me by. If I work on something, I'll try to make an effort to show it when I can. Life and my previous land lord because gave my family the middle finger, and it was not how I wanted to start my summer, believe me. (also missed the steam sale too, phooey

Fourth, I've taken the precaution to aim for the 2022 release window due losing a month and I half, I really want to look through all my levels and see what I can improve and such, plus I really want to make the first two ranks "newborn" and "puppy" interesting while being easy, and I do want to have the idea of introducing neat tricks used in expert levels through "puppy" and "hound" because I think slowly introducing those new tricks would prove useful for later on, rather than processing it back to back.

Last, if I can help it, while i'm already deciding on plans for FM2021, I've already decided on the year's first set, and currently deciding on the second (at most 3 new sets like last year) I'll juggle both but put more emphasis on the holiday project when necessary. what I think of depends on the level being made. Another reason for it possibly starting earlier, is because of one of my level designers and developers of the graphic sets "Plom510" will be taking a trip to Guatemala for at least 2 weeks.

Hopefully, the next time I move, its when im able to move out and live with my long time friend, because, of all the processes of me moving from home to home....this was easily to mose miserable i've been with it.

Honestly thank you your patience and for the support on the Gofundme, My family appreciated it.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Aiming for a 2022 release
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »
Hi Gigalem,

You and I already discussed this before, but I just wanted to say how very honored I am to be in the credits list in the OP. In addition, I appreciate the shoutout in a post after it. I honestly had no idea how very instrumental I was in getting your level creation drive back. That's why I occasionally beat myself for having not done more to help you out in the last few months when things were quite rough and stressful for you. Again, I apologize for having gotten back at you quite late with the list of suggestions for level remakes, but I did at some point suffer a BSOD myself, when I stupidly got stumped on a level in LemRunner which completely killed any motivation I had to do anything Lemmings related for several weeks. Then again, I had played nothing but Lemmings for the past several months, so to have gotten away from the game for the first time in forever really helped clear my mind. Of course, I eventually returned to the Lemmings scene and picked up where I last left off in the LP, but in the time I avoided the game I was still a regular dropping by the Forums daily, so I haven't gone anywhere. Just needed the very extensive break from the game which helped tremendously. This hugely explains why I got back at you so late with the list.

Truthfully, I feel like I failed as the older brother figure who should be looking out for you youngins here on the Forums (yes, I'm old, a man roaming around in my 30s, though I've been around for 4 different decades :laugh:). However, since there wasn't really anything any of us could do to prevent the difficult IRL situation you were in, I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself here, especially since you told me not to worry too much about being late with the list of level remakes. In any case, I like to help out level authors whenever/wherever I can, if I'm needed and have been called upon to. Most of the time I'm just a DM/message away, so just ask and I'll gladly answer the call for help to any members of this community.

I'm very happy to hear that you're doing a lot better now that the dust has settled for the most part. I definitely worried for you and your family in the last few months, and I felt awful for your predicament. Please continue to take good care of yourself, but I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to and need some advice/solace.

I look forward to continuing to helping you out with your Lemmings projects whenever you need it, as well as the final products' release! :) Keep up the great work with the remakes, they're all looking great! :thumbsup: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - State of the Pack Late-Sep 2021
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2021, 12:47:15 AM »
The last two months have been my most productive on Millas, I'll be sorting levels sometime after this post. Let's Start off with basics

First September 2021's Set update
This applies to the FP1 sets and any fanmade sets made for Millas. Check out This Post! for the update, I'll be sending the update to the staff in a bit

Second Festival Millas 2021
I'll likely will do some preliminary work before opening collaboration submissions for that, It won't be as big as Festival Millas 2020 due what I've been through during the summer. here's the plan.
The Project will have 5 ranks and at minimum 30 levels (6 per rank) and at best 40 levels (8 per rank). The sets from 2020 and prior will be receiving some updates (resizable terrain, proper transparent water, piece touchups maybe a new BG or two if any ideas surface. I can't guarantee everything here will be applied but I know some stuff will be added) and on top of that, One set is finished and I'll likely be testing it out soon, another set is in need of work but it will be worked on. one collaboration submissions open, those who are willing to join will get early access to the new sets. These new sets and set updates will remain private until the mini project is done

Third remaining remake suggestions from Kaywhyn
I'll likely slow down on remakes for a bit as it might have helped complete a good portion of the pack, so I might hand pick stuff to put into Millas from any of my old or deprecated projects. I might decide on what to save for later, what remake for the NL Community project, and what to remake for the Festival Millas packs (my remaining remakes might go into the FM2019 overhaul)
But aside from, this evolution of my level development skills has made me want to refine my older works, it'll be another part of my reevaluation.

Lastly New Demo?
I'll make a new demo only if I have a complete newborn rank, I'm bad with tutorial levels and I need help on that front, I also want to make some advanced tutorials that I can spread through the Puppy, Hound, and Adulthood ranks. Tricks that can ease players in to the more cooler stuff that you can do.

Anyways until next update I shall bid you adeau, here's hoping for 2022 because FP2 finally has a release window yay!

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - My Current 2022-Onwards Roadmap
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2022, 05:48:42 AM »
Boy 2022 is looking daunting for me and personally projects, I have two video projects to try to make during January and after that I'm trying to get my Millas project on the road again.
I need to stop procrastinating, My mental disability sometimes makes me slow in a few areas, and after making my last few videos based on 2021 projects, I'm looking to try to do way more on the Millas side of things. So where to start

Millas Progress?

I've been a bit exausted with the Holidays and my videos, as well as getting FM21 released on time, the good news being I managed to do it. Aiming for a low number of levels I think helped, I knew I wasn't gonna aim high, I don't know exactly when I can get to fixing the back routes for FM2018, and I need to inspect the FM2020 replays by Armani, that's long overdue. I already have a few Ideas for levels for FM2019 and levels for FM2022, but I need to kick my motivations into high gear big time. I have big definitive list of levels to remake for all my projects Festival or not, so here it is. NeoLemmix Level remakes list levels hand picked from Me and Kaywhyn, however im thinking on slowing down on remakes so whatever I don't Make for Millas may go towards a Sequel Pack. FM2022 is in early planning and on top of that, I should let folks know that the Festival Millas packs will likely receive its final pack in 2024, early planning is decided for the next three FM packs and as of right now, it'll not be of Priority just yet. I'm gonna try to do work on Millas and if I feel the itch to work on Festival Millas 2019's overhaul again, I will. Speaking of a Sequel Pack

Will I make a Millas 2?

Given I've made two sets from Freedom Planet 2, It's definitely gonna happen, but, it'll not be formally announced until good number of levels are made, nor will it be developed until I have Millas under my belt, I want to get to finishing Millas and the Sequel pack will have to wait until I know im ready to go for full development. I'll say this in short, I'm not announcing it here properly, right now its too early for it to have further development it'll happen when it happens.

Will I update the Freedom Planet Sets again?

Yes I will! I have a list of new objects planned for the sets, its a few, but It can work. Will I put the new objects into existing Millas sets? It'll depend on the release window, it's likely that they may come out when it's really late into level development.

2022 just started, Freedom Planet 2 is finally on the horizon and here I am needing to get back into the swing of things, I hope enjoyed this update folks

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Call for Development Help
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2022, 03:44:29 AM »
I've been taking care of developmental business in terms of the level pack by finally sorting my new levels and moving levels around and such so, yeah, but while I am adept at making levels when I put my mind to it, no joke I've been needing to make a post on this for a while. I need some help.

I've been needing some help with the tutorial rank since it's hard to make good, fun, and good looking easy levels lately, my friend has been out of ideas for a bit, and I haven't had luck reaching out to Nessy and that's been worrying me. I really want to get this to testing, im like very close if you looked at this post and such.

This project has always been open to level submissions, and honestly I need some help with this, the finish line has always been on the horizon but ideas escape me. The Tutorial I want to finish finally and get not only a 2022 Demo out, but also get this finished. Could this result in a 2023 release? Possibly, half the year is over at this point. spending 6 years on this has driven me nuts that I haven't released this by now. Mental health might have been a factor of that.

Also im working on the last set of level remakes from the project itself, in which there are 24 That I'll remake, if not all of them make the cut, possibly remakes for a sequel or holiday pack.
Check the Document link in the post above to see what im thinking of tackling in terms of final levels to revise. One of which is a rank finisher.

Here are what tutorial levels that we've been able to make
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and here's what we're missing

We're also Accepting any possible tutorial levels you think would be necessary, regardless if they're going in the Newborn rank, or up to the hound rank for something more advanced.

Also there are some levels I don't think look nearly as good as I want them to look

I want them to look better but im not sure how they can look better, im will to send those that accept this offer first dibs on the set update. (please keep the set update private until I say it's publicly ready)

Tell me what you want to help with and I'll send what you'll need.
when you make the levels/touch ups, send me the end result + replay.

If you want to Help with Tutorial Levels/Level Touch ups or Reimagining/Any other levels that can fill the remaining spots in Puppy or Super Dog. If you think you're up to the task, send me a Private Message on the Forum!

Be Aware that they must only use what's being primarily used in the pack itself.
The following spoiler is what can be used for submissions

I hope you can help, please feel free to ask questions and I'll get back to them as soon as I can

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
I'm gonna rant about my issues lately and what's preventing me from getting this level pack into testing before 2023, I apologize if I sound snappy but this is me being frustrated about another roadblock in the progress, one that's be prevalent since 2018. I'll be away for the rest of august to early September starting the 27th, while im hoping my cali trip goes well. one thing that's prevented me from making levels lately besides my 11th lp was this!

Decided to unceremoniously drop this due to lack of time, current lack of help, lack of motivation with levels. I've for while have a had a lack motivation because it feels like I could never get this last piece of the pie secured and I Really wanted to make a new demo with a complete tutorial rank I wanted to do a video playing through new tutorial rank. But there were many things that was working against me latetly.

One, lack of help, I've stressed that level submission and help positions are open, they still are, and always will be until the remaining ranks are complete im struggling with non-braindead easy levels, most of the time I try to make an easy level that isn't braindead it ends up too hard for the rank, the Puppy Rank is stuck at 25 levels, and I can give a final number count for the Newborn rank because im not sure what'll it be for once all bases are covered. on top of that another level developer for the project Nessy I've been trying to contact for months, on this forum, on discord, on steam, whenever they were online recently. No Response I've wanted to keep in touch and now I feel like I did something wrong to get no response and I've been dealing with the feeling since march. And that feeling has given me panic attacks, and it sucks it really does

Two, no response to my call for help. Speaking of no response, while I was glad to hear people talk about the topic in the forum discord, and I'm glad to receive a suggestion from ichotolot for a level and I'll still make it once I think of something, no joke it felt like my topic post got ghosted. I wasn't expecting too many PMs asking about joining the project to get to last spots filled. Having the offer be completely ignored on the forum itself upsets me. Because I've been asking for help on the last push, I thought I was gonna get it done this year, but it's looking like im doing my repeat of never getting it done again! I'm gonna stress this right now I want to release this level pack! I really want to finish Millas because im tired of with holding it from the public. I have what will be soon 7 years of work that I don't want to release in an unfinished state because im struggling on two crucial areas. I NEED HELP WITH EASY LEVELS IF THAT WASN'T OBVIOUS ENOUGH, IT'S THE ONE THING LEAVING THIS INCOMPLETE! I've had the final level made months ago. That's how bad I need this done If it sound like im frustrated about this, I AM! I shouldn't have to ask more than once to get some extra minds and pointers because I can literally taste a full level set. But I can't because I can't think of something easy, easy levels are hard to make and I can't stress this enough. Now I get it, I won't be able to do progress until I return september, but good god. So if me saying it nicely wasn't enough, I'll say it directly, If you want to see this pack released at all, I honest to god NEED YOUR HELP! Level ideas, sketches, incomplete level files, anything that can finally fill that hole in the puppy and newborn ranks, anything to pretty up these levels I want to keep. Anything! I NEED A FINAL PUSH. I never wanted to get like this, but the tumbleweeds response was not what I needed at the time I've posted.

Three, to go with two, yes this help can extend to Festival Millas wether it be overhaul or new pack, I can send playable versions of new sets or festival set updates. If you're wanting to pitch in I'll happily give you what you need if you have some ideas and such. Share any progress you've made with me when you're able, full levels, partially complete levels, replays with those levels, im willing to look at anything related to Millas or Festival Millas if you want to aid the project. If you do want to apply I'll happily get things going starting from when I return home on September 13th

Four, I'm thinking for if I have the "too many good levels to keep" issue again, im thinking of putting them in a smaller bonus pack titled "Millas 1.5" while I can fit levels in to that, I will not prioritize unless I have the extra time. This is the ease the workload so I don't have to worry about a bonus rank after the fact.

If you want the set update go to this post

Im honestly sorry for my frustration, but I needed to get this off my chest, I hate roadblocks and this roadblock came at a terrible time. I'll see you with any further updates if any should exist (I hope)