Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Squared (in development)  (Read 10396 times)

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] nin10demo pack (is a demo, see)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 02:06:42 AM »
Up to 75 levels, and I've been stalling long enough on asking this. What dimensions do I need to use for the title screen graphics? Does it have to be specific dimensions for each graphic? I should probably start working on these at some point.
Thanks to ColorfulArty for playing some of my levels and finding a few more backroutes in them. :D

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »
Ok, I have a title graphic, but... How do I make the transparency work properly? I've tried both options that it prompts me with when I insert it with Flexi, but they both still display the black blocky background on the title screen.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 07:47:19 PM »
Either use a 32bit png (with alpha channel) or a 24bit png with a specific pink as background color. The attached 32bit png should work.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 12:36:55 AM »
Yup, that worked nicely. Thank you! :D
Level progress is up to 76/100...

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 04:47:11 PM »
Level progress is up to 88/100.
I'm having a bit of trouble making a talisman work. I'm trying to make it so you get the talisman if you beat the level without changing the release rate, but I can't seem to make it work in the toolkit. Regardless of what I set the parameters to, the game refuses to give me the talisman under any circumstances, even if I don't change the release rate in my solution. :-\ Does anyone know how to make this work?

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Nice to see progress but, Since you have a final name for the project, can you edit the first post and rename the first post to "Lemmings Squarred"?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Squared (in development)
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »
I'm having a bit of trouble making a talisman work. I'm trying to make it so you get the talisman if you beat the level without changing the release rate, but I can't seem to make it work in the toolkit. Regardless of what I set the parameters to, the game refuses to give me the talisman under any circumstances, even if I don't change the release rate in my solution. Does anyone know how to make this work?
Can you give me your System.dat, your .nxp files and tell me for which level the talisman is, either by attaching the files here or via PM? Without any further information, it is very hard to guess where the problem lies.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 04:46:22 PM »
I checked the level in question and I have no problems obtaining the talisman. This holds both for the stable version V10.12.12-C and for the latest experimental version V10.13.16_4308379.
Could you please update to the latest NeoLemmix version and then check again whether the talisman works or not? If not, could you please send me a replay that should obtain the talisman but doesn't actually do so? In that case it would help me to have the single levels of your first rank (as contained in the "levels" subdirectory of your System.dat file), because then I wouldn't have to decode the talisman file by hand, but could just look up the talisman in the flexi toolkit.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 01:44:46 AM »
Level progress at 94/100.
Just finished designing a custom graphic. The final level is going to be rather work-intensive to design (still have to make the music for it too), but it's just that, one other boss stage, and a few other gaps to fill in before it's ready for a full release.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
Either use a 32bit png (with alpha channel) or a 24bit png with a specific pink as background color. The attached 32bit png should work.

This is outdated information. You still need to use a 32-bit PNG file if you're directly modifying the project's source files, but if you're importing through Flexi, you can use any bit depth PNG or BMP file (GIF is no longer supported). When importing, it will ask you to pick "Alpha Channel" (for 32-bit files, or those that otherwise have some kind of transparency information already in the file such as most PNG files) or "Transparent Color" (for those that do not, such as most BMP files). When using transparent color, while "death magenta" is the default, you can pick a different transparent color simply by clicking a pixel of that color in the preview image.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)