Author Topic: Lemmings Forum Discord  (Read 20572 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Lemmings Forum Discord
« on: November 20, 2016, 03:36:36 AM »

If you want to get more in touch with the forums but you rather not use IRC
Then Click this link https://discord.gg/2MyfSfN

I deem it unofficial at the time of this post, until Namida says I can deem it official :P
But either way, Enjoy :)

However
Side effects include: Lower Forum activity

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: The (Un)Official Lemmings Forum Discord
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:46:50 AM »
One of the major points of a forum is the written rather than spoken style, and that the posts don't disappear just because you're not there when they're posted.

I certianly have nothing against this existing, but I don't feel it appropriate to deem it official. We don't even have an official IRC channel for the forum itself (albeit #neolemmix somewhat acting as an unofficial one).

EDIT: Over the time since this message was posted, it's become more official (and pretty much replaced IRC). However, I'll stress that as forum admin, I still reserve the right to later declare it "not official" if I feel it isn't being run in a way consistent with the forum's values. So far, I have no reason to believe this is going to happen, though - it's a "just in case" statement, nothing more.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:11:47 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:45:02 PM »
I think this is going to be our replacement for Skype namida, a lot of us made Discord accounts last night and GigaLem created the server.

I don't think it's going to used for anything other than poker nights or stream nights :thumbsup:

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:26:58 PM »
If its not too much trouble, I know it may not be official but can this topic at least be pinned for those who want to join?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »
Update - I added the Lemming emotes to the server
Gonna take a break before adding the lix emotes

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 06:41:33 AM »
However

Another side effect similar to that would be the activity on Quakenet would go down; may even become unusable if we all relied on Discord to chat.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 07:19:10 AM »
However

Another side effect similar to that would be the activity on Quakenet would go down; may even become unusable if we all relied on Discord to chat.

I would not be very afraid of this. I think most of the stuff will still be in IRC or the forum.

You could even say IRC is bringing down the forum activity with the same argument ;P       

For quick chats which are not worthy of creating posts or topics these alternative methods are way more handy. It could also increase the overall interactions and "bounding" between forum members.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 05:15:51 AM »
I have added the lix emotes onto the discord server, plus the talismans

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forum Discord
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 02:03:44 AM »
I recently stumbled across this
https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc
A bot post messages from IRC and Vice versa, I want to set one up but I don't know a thing about Discord bots
I was thinking of making it active to a tribe I would put it in (I would call the tribe #irc_tribe) and the bot's name would be "Satalemming"

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Lemmings Forum Discord - My account has been stolen
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 02:06:50 PM »
I'll just give you the image, swearing abound

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 02:09:48 PM »
How do you report someone to discord?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 06:28:13 PM »
I'm just reflecting here an announcement made in the chat: We have waited long enough on the issue around the ownership account. If it is not resolved by the 14th of November, I will create a new Discord server to replace this one. I may do so sooner if I get the impression GigaLem is not making any sincere effort to resolve the situation. To avoid doubt, this is a deadline for the issue to be fully resolved, not just for next steps to be taken.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 06:39:09 PM »
I will create a new Discord server to replace this one

Does that mean it'll basically "start over", or will all content carry over from the previous server?

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 06:48:11 PM »
I will create a new Discord server to replace this one

Does that mean it'll basically "start over", or will all content carry over from the previous server?

If you mean by this "Will it still keep all the same channels, roles ect.?" then it's up to namida, but if you mean "Will all our old messages still be on there or will there be 0 messages?" then there won't be any of our old messages on the new server. Unfortuantley that is impossible, so all our old memories will be lost. Hopefully GigaLem can just get this sorted out, though, and it won't come to that.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 07:47:53 PM »
Yes - it won't be possible to transfer messages, though I'll certianly look into whether there's some feasible way to archive them. I figure there's got to be something - official or otherwise - that could comb through the chat history and save everything.
My Lemmings projects