Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #11 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)  (Read 32916 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #11 - Playing Phase (Discussion Topic)
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »
Update may have to wait... my laptop's boot sector got corrupted, Windows won't start, and I don't have a usable recovery medium.

If you have access to another PC (preferably running the same OS) and a USB flash drive, it's possible to create one on that. (You might be able to even use a (Micro)SD card in a USB SD reader.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2016, 05:29:16 PM »
Laptop is now in a repair shop, and I'm in a panic because I feel ripped off but completely helpless.  SD card reader seems to be physically damaged anyway (can't get it in) and no other computer I have has the operating system.  I did try using a Windows 7 DVD, but one refused to be recognised as a bootable medium, and the other crashed on start-up.  DVD drive might be a bit damaged too, since the door feels loose.  I fear the laptop got banged around a lot because of how often I use it and transport it, although I know the hard drive is physically fine... just a system crash and a forced power-off caused logical corruption.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2016, 07:47:19 PM »
Some more replays and backroutes as Simon came over today and played the NL levels! :)

I only attached the replays which were different from already existing solutions.

Crane got obviously yet another backroute to fix ;P

Gronkling's level may also be backrouted as Simon saved everyone here.

And everyone saved as well on zanzindorf's level, but this is probably more an alternative solution than a backroute.

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
I solved Gronkling's levels.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2016, 03:24:20 AM »
NL levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit by namida: SPOILER TAGS!

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:18:45 PM by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Just a reminder, there's about 10 days left to get any updates / late entries in (the deadline will extend if need be so that the update phase doesn't close until at least 72 hours after the last update / late entry).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on my level. I just posted a V3 that will hopefully help with the background issues. The background is now much darker, and the terrain is a little lighter. I previewed it on a few other monitors for testing, and it looks alright. My monitor's kinda off, so it sometimes makes art-making difficult :XD:

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2016, 01:01:14 AM »
:evil:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:09:16 AM by BulletRide »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2016, 03:23:41 AM »
I haven't looked at Wishing Well v14 yet, but I have watched the v13 intended route at Icho's.

Ideas for v13 (click to show/hide)

-- Simon

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
:evil:
I hate you!  But I believe they are now all patched, including Simon's little trick!  Took a minor redesign of the level, and it now allows a variant of the intended solution to be completed in time, even if you're very inefficient... but given the variant only has one incredibly small difference, I'll allow it!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
move
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2016, 05:13:47 PM »
Crane:Yeah, now I don't see anything but the intended route.

Attached replay times out by 2 or 3 seconds. Now I have to do it all over, except with RR 99 at the beginning? :-/ Does this even need a time limit?

geoo: Inseparables v2, looks intended. Hard puzzle, beautiful timing.

Nepster: Oh yes, here again v1. This feels backroutish, but it uses all the skills. It involved trial-and-error, yet makes perfect sense in the end.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:51:33 PM by Simon »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
Posted on the wrong board, Simon, but the replay doesn't work on the experimental version of the player... the lemming walks into the water.

Playing in the standard version though... bash closer to the wall so the lemming doesn't continue through the floor.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »
Being that this Wishing Well level has been updated so many times I thought I might give it a go.

And why not, I found a heavy backroute. :evil: Looks like you might need to release V16...
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2016, 05:24:54 PM »
Oh bloomin' 'eck!  I really don't know how to patch that one because you can adjust the timing way too easily.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:36:45 PM by Crane »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2016, 05:34:56 PM »
bash closer to the wall so the lemming doesn't continue through the floor.

Yeah, there are many micro-optimizations that will turn my attempt into a solution.

The issue is that the level punishes such non-optimized attempts. Why can I even bash such that the lem continues through the floor?

-- Simon