Author Topic: lemforum: replacement and ordering (2016-2017)  (Read 15080 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Community set: replacement and ordering
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »
Elixir: Simon said this level is super hard; I didn't solve it but looked at a replay.

no solution here but just in case:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Proxima's solution to Elixer is really cool; but it leaves a climber spare. I'm curious if there is another solution? Geoo modified the level and had a solution; I didn't. Attached proxima's replay he sent me.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 08:27:48 PM »
In case you don't know a solution by geoo can be found in the replay collection here.
I found a solution that leaves a climber spare as well so I assume it's like Proxima's.

Edit: I found a solution which uses all the climbers but has a jumper spare. It's basically a variation of my first one.
I've attached both solutions (v. 0.9.4) but it's possible that they are just the same as geoo's or Proxima's.

Edit2: I see now that the level I solved has a later built date, so probably it's just another version.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:24:49 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 03:35:53 AM »
thanks. if geoo's solution leaves a skill then I guess it's a red herring? It's nice to see some variant solutions but they all are difficult; and all use one particular trick
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 08:19:40 AM »
if geoo's solution leaves a skill then I guess it's a red herring?

Another way to see it could be that it's leeway because it's not necessarily the same skill left. So it would be more about finding the tricks and basic outline rather than to produce the exact same solution. Though I only found the second solution because I had found the first before and forced myself to use all three climbers meaningfully.

Edit: I have a solution that meaningfully uses all skills attached (first attached replay). Though it's just another variant. But I have the impression that it is the cleanest of my solutions.
To mobius:

Edit2:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:27:05 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
Sorry I didn't get around to responding until now.

All interesting solutions. It's not a big deal but Proxima's is the only one that actually uses one of the components of my original solution. All of these are acceptable to me.

-Hakuin Ekaku