Author Topic: Lix 0.7.22 experimental  (Read 13391 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.15 experimental
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
Lix 0.7.15 experimental.
  • Revert basher's steel sensitivity to 0.6 and before: Bottom 16 pixels are steel-sensitive, not only the bottom 13. I.e., we have 2, not 5, insensitive pixels over the sensitive.
  • Kept 5/9-sensitive digger for now. Unsure whether to revert to 7/9-sensitive and draw a wider digging machine, or keep. Only argument for keep is "we're used to this sprite".
  • Replay verifier logs to `data/verifier.txt' and closes the file after writing its last line or after closing the dialog.
  • Coverage didn't change since 0.7.14.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:34:28 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.16 experimental
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 03:51:52 AM »
Lix 0.7.16 experimental.
  • Water gadgets in images/simon have multiples of 16 for their sizes: 48x48 or 48x32 or 48x16. The old water size was 50x50. I've looked through all singleplayer levels -- lemforum, NepsterLix, and Rubix -- and fixed the few water placements that had not yet looked good with 48x48.
  • Idling animations! All triggered gadgets (triggered traps and triggered flingers) have two rows of animations: The first row loops while idle, the second row plays while busy. After the final frame of the second row has played, the gadget will eat another lix and jump back to the frontmost frame of the second row, or, if nobody is in range, begin looping the idling animation from the front. I've drawn idling animations for all triggered gadgets.
  • Kept digger at 5/9 sensitivity for now: Digger chokes on steel when the innermost 10 of 18 pixels contain any steel. I should make a final decision this week.
  • Rubix's singleplayer levels, Perplexing: Lowered initial lix on some levels.
  • Get Hype and Theresa V2 merged into lemforum from the 0.7-lemforum thread.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:57:43 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.17 experimental
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 02:56:11 AM »
Lix 0.7.17 experimental.
  • Physics identical to 0.7.15 and 0.7.16.
  • 100 % proof coverage for lemforum and NepsterLix! Thanks to all who submitted replays. The coverage is for the 5/9 digger.
  • Rubix's singleplayer levels are almost covered: 155/157. Uncovered levels are The Clairvoyant and Flatlined, these Oriental levels need an overhaul due to tileset breakage. I'll PM Rubix. Removed The More You Know because that's a nuke level, but D Lix locks the exits during the nuke. Lowered initial lix on some levels.
  • No decision yet for the digger. 5/9 is implemented. I'm leaning towards keeping this 5/9 digger, but I want to read over yesterday's chatlogs again and Proxima might post to the 0.7-steel-sensitivity topic. 9/9 would break 9 replays in lemforum, 2 NepsterLix, 2 in Rubix.
PM to Rubix (click to show/hide)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:11:31 AM by Simon »

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.7.17 experimental
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 01:48:10 PM »
That is awesome news.  Work has me drained and It's been on my mind that I need to work on the levels, but I just keep putting it off, so thanks to you guys for taking the time to work through it.
As that is just a small thing left to do, i'll get onto it this weekend for those oriental levels to be overhauled.

Thanks again!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.18 experimental
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2017, 03:08:47 AM »
thanks to you guys for taking the time to work through it.
i'll get onto it this weekend for those oriental levels

You're welcome! Take your time, I'll sit in IRC often for any questions on the fly.

Lix 0.7.18 experimental.
  • Physics: I've fixed MaxFallHeight for tumblers inconsistent. Tumblers remember how many pixels they have moved downwards since (they got flung for the last time, or since they moved upwards, whatever of these happened later). When non-floatable tumblers hit the ground, they splat if the fallen hi-res pixels exceed 126 = the faller's safe-fall distance. They ignore the y-speed for splatting. Tumblers are slightly sturdier, surviving 4 more hi-res pixels, for consistency with the faller.
  • I've drawn 4 new digger frames before the animation loop begins.
  • In multiplayer, when overtime starts, the bell sounds and the console warns about how much time will be left before the nuke.
Digger still undecided. Very likely 5/9 steel sensitivity, but unclear whether I want special-casing against razor-edge digging or not.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:32:06 AM by Simon »

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.7.18 experimental
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 04:10:44 PM »
Here are the 2 maps with replays.

The Clairvoyant I had to completely change the puzzle as it was a race against the clock before. 
I like the new vesion now though.   Race against the pack instead.

Flatlined was an easy fix.

Rubix

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.19 experimental
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 01:03:48 AM »
Lix 0.7.19 experimental.
  • Physics: Digger has anti-razor-edging: Whenever a digger ignores steel, he cannot remove earth pixels beyond the steel in the same row. This didn't break any replays. (The digger stays at 5/9 steel sensitivity, i.e., chokes on steel in the central 10 of 18 hi-res pixels and continues despite steel in the outermost 4 hi-res pixels on either side.)
  • Updated lemforum's Down Among the Dead Lix, Let's All Go Down the Strand, Division of Labor, Empty Space is Hardly a Waste (Proxima's 2017-08-15 version). Theresa v2 has been up-to-date since 0.7.16.
  • Merged Rubix's remakes of The Clairvoyant and Flatlined. Thanks!
  • Removed the downwards steam. I adapted the decoration in the only 3 lemforum levels that used downwards steam: Goblin City, Gomen Ne, 100 Ways To Die. (Downwards transportation beams are slow, not intended to kill, and therefore still in the game.)
  • In the editor, you can delete tiles by dragging them onto the panel. While hovering over the panel with dragged tiles, the mouse cursor becomes a trashcan and the tiles become invisible.
  • Fix: Drag tiles around in the editor, tap the tile-deleting hotkey, and continue to drag around nothing. The game crashed. Fixed by stopping the dragging on deleting a selection.
  • Fix #174: The ingame level map, during non-integral zoom, sometimes didn't initialize/overwrite outside rows of pixels. Fixed by rounding up.
  • Fix #201: The ingame level map during large integral zoom that didn't divide the length of the map, didn't initialize/overwrite outside rows of pixels. Fixed by rounding up.
lemforum, NepsterLix, an Rubix are proven 100 % solvable. Thanks to everybody who pulled along!

Work left:
  • Proxima shall decide whether to use Sinking Ship in place of Bulldozer.
  • Rubix shall rename Just A Minute (Part 3), because the level is untimed and the name clashes with Genesis lemmings.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:04:26 PM by Simon »

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.7.19 experimental
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 02:01:33 AM »
Lets change it to:     Come on down! (the price is right)
if its too long just :   Come on down!

Thanks
Rub

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.20 experimental
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2017, 10:12:15 PM »
Lix 0.7.20 and Lix 0.7.21 are the same except that Lix 0.7.20 didn't have the overhauled 3 multiplayer maps by Rubix (see next post).

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:48:20 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.21 experimental
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
Lix 0.7.21 experimental.
  • Fix: The last exiter didn't play the exiter sound.
  • Renamed Rubix's "Just a Minute... (Part three)" to "Come on Down! The Price Is Right", which is long but still fits well.
  • Removed lemforum/wip-0.7/ (unused lemforum levels). Removed images/geoo/construction/chain1.png (the now-obsolete tile) because its size doesn't conform to multiples of 8. Download unused levels and chain1.
  • Removed simon/wood/. In the 3 multiplayer levels by Rubix that used these tiles, I've replaced the tiles with Matt's wooden planks: Going Up, Coming Down (2p); Naoh's Ark (2p), Naoh's Ark (Team).
All singleplayer levels are solvable. Work left:
  • Decide between Sinking Ship and Bulldozer.
Re simon/wood/: I've decided to cut this 11-year-old programmer art. Its size was multiples of 10 and 25 instead of powers of 2, and it looked bland. Rubix has built a few maps with it: Especially Naoh's Ark was popular in networking games. Ideally, I would make some wooden planks to replace simon/wood/ with better sizes.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:49:22 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.7.22 experimental
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
Lix 0.7.22 experimental.

Download 0.7.22 for Windows -- keep separate from the stable 0.6 installation
Branch exp in lix-unstable
Replay collection on github
  • Physics: Flinging downwards initializes pixelsFallen with the distance that speed-0 tumblers normally fall before reaching the given speed. Still, all flinging overwrites pixelsFallen without respect to earlier values. Tumblers splat when pixelsFallen on impact is larger than 126.
  • Re-introduced downwards steam and the 2016 decoration on Goblin City, Gomen ne, 100 Ways to Die.
  • Digger unchanged since 0.7.19: Still 5/9 with anti-razor-edging. Discussing.
  • lemforum: Bulldozer out, Sinking Ship v2 in. Empty Space reverted to the 2014 version, rejecting both proposed versions from 2017. Renamed Cuber Replacement to Jack in the Box.
All levels are solvable.

Work left: Discuss fling physics and digger anti-razor-edging again.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:06:08 AM by Simon »