Author Topic: The Great Giana Sisters Soundtrack for Atari ST  (Read 4451 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
The Great Giana Sisters Soundtrack for Atari ST
« on: May 29, 2016, 09:14:41 AM »
I uploaded another Atari ST soundtrack to YouTube! :D https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWo3SxxyUs4MhtuIHi2tUjtag_-aBTLh_

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Giana Sisters Soundtrack for Atari ST
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:22:50 PM »
Hi 607, Thanks for uploading as there are many fans of the atari st music, me included. :) I like a lot of the atari st music. That was actually a good game the great giana sisters from what I hear, sort of reminds me of mario a little bit. I never really played it that much myself but you never know it might be a game I might try one time.

I usually go to back to trying old games and I try to complete them without using cheats as such. The latest game I've managed to complete is Rick dangerous, I done a full playthrough without saving it. A very hard game which took me sometime before I mastered it. lol

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: The Great Giana Sisters Soundtrack for Atari ST
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:44:43 AM »
Cool! Many people actually seem to not like Atari ST music, for some reason. Especially from Amiga fans, there comes a lot of hate. I got to disagree with them, though.
I really like both! For Lemmings, I will probably never be able to decide between the DOS, Amiga and Atari ST soundtracks. They all just have their own charm and they're all great!
For some games, the Amiga's samples really make the soundtrack sound better, but for other games, they seem to have focused on the samples too much and couldn't get it to sound right regardless. And that's where the Atari ST, with its simple but highly manipulable sound, shines!

I realised some days ago I had forgotten to upload the main level theme for the Great Giana Sisters, but I fixed that yesterday, that one's up too, now!

Tomorrow, I'm planning to head over to my grandma's and play some piano: she's on vacation, so I'll be able to take my time without bothering anyone! :D I might try recording some videos too, as there are some Atari ST themes I can play on piano! If I do, I'll be sure to share them here, too! :)