Author Topic: my Sublems replays for Superlemmini  (Read 2385 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
my Sublems replays for Superlemmini
« on: August 25, 2020, 09:58:06 AM »
ok here are my Superlemmini Sublems replays and the Retro 20.ini I came up with(along with this replay)

EDIT:
ok this is the updated replays for Sublems with the new backroute fixes that were in neolemmix's version.

only added OWW's and steel to 4 hellish levels. I didn't change any skill sets, As I always keep Superlemmini's version.

also 2 replays were updated that were affected Hellish 12 and 13.

EDIT 2:
 forgot to upload 4 new .ini's so here they are.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:28:48 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: my Sublems replays for Superlemmini
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
Allow me to provide the replay you're missing. Here you go, my 100% Hellish 20 replay solution. I had another one, but I found out, to my chagrin, that my replay didn't save at all. So, take note: DO NOT USE A COLON IN THE NAME OF THE REPLAY! Because of that, I had to do the level all over again.

Just one of the many many ways to do this level since you have 99 of everything. Also, as to why certain areas were avoided, just look at the level in NL and you'll see how there's so many hidden traps that you can't even see in Superlemmini. Watch the very end and you'll see how extremely annoying it is. The part just before the exit area is physics from Dos that allows you to do that with the diggers and builders. That works in NL too. The solution also relies on how sides are solid in Superlemmini. Of course, you could do more of the repeated bashing and cancelling midstroke with builders to get even higher and get to the exit so you don't have to bounce off the side of the level, but this is easier.

Now have fun doing it yourself. Just remember: lots and lots of framestepping for the very end!

eric: Is the replay working for you?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:20:34 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:23:52 AM »
ok,didn't think about doing the quick digger builder steps to get over fireblowers and snowblowers. Still not many people would think of this(I certainly didn't). Anyways thanks for the replay.
also the staircase thru the terrain there, I just bashed straight thru bottom and did a spiral builder staircase. In Superlemmini there is no deadly sides. The lemmings will turn around there. That helps in getting lemmings to exit too.

Yes the replay works for me

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 10:30:12 AM »
also, I'll take a look at neolemmix's version. and if there are any levels that are the same, and I see backroute fixes(ie OWW's or steel maybe i'll work on this next.)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 10:33:09 AM »
I grew up with the Dos version of Lemmings, and so I knew about horizontal movement with diggers and builders. As you can see, that's the only way through the flame/ice blower area, especially if you want to save 100%. And yes, you're right about just building a spiral staircase for the exit area. As I mentioned, mine is just one of many, many ways to do the level. Now that you have your own replay for Hellish 20, you can now add it to your zip file in the OP and reattach.

Luckily, Sublems is already available for Superlemmini. As for the NL version, a lot of the Superlemmini levels got replaced with new ones, either because they were unpopular or Arty wasn't able to convert the Superlemmini level to NL and hence replaced the level. So, be aware that some of the Superlemmini levels aren't present in the NL pack.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 10:46:39 AM »
ok I Updated the .rar file for the replays including my version of Retro 20 along with the new .ini file for the level.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 05:54:16 PM »
Reply #260 from here, and I quote just the second to last item here. Apparently I missed that completely the first time I downloaded the newest Superlemmini version. Good to know that before I read through the thread again that it was somewhat verified through testing that it doesn't work anymore and then to find the actual verification.

After too long, SuperLemmini 0.104 is finally out! Here is the rather large list of changes:

• Blockers and one-way objects no longer push lemmings through walls.

Thus, since the original Retro 20 relied on this glitch, this change therefore renders the level unsolvable. Basically, the solution was bomb somewhere on the starting platform, then build in such a way that there's only 1 pixel between the stairs and the thin wall, and block in a certain position close to the wall so that it "pushes" the others through it. Not block so close to the wall that the lemmings will just hit the wall and pass through the blocker from the right. Thus, the positions of the builder and blocker are quite precise.

However, I did have a look at your version of Retro 20. Interesting solution, but see my replay. Just 3 skills and done!

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
ok I changed the 620.ini so now yours won't work. also 2 fire pits added near bottom right vertical barrier so one can't dig and build there anymore.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 09:59:19 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 08:19:52 PM »
Very nice! Alternatively, I think a single flamethrower trap can work too.

edit: Keep those fire pits there. It turns out that without them, you can simply use the bashers to backward bash (i.e, assign a basher to a lemming the instant he turns around) on the thin wall.

edit 2: Actually, this could be an interesting solution. The original Retro 20 with just a bomber and two bashers with the OWW on the thin wall. It's not as interesting as using a blocker to push them through the thin wall, but this one is still somewhat interesting, using a quirk of the basher skill on a OWW.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 08:35:59 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »
ok. but I just noticed I had to lower the fire pits a tad because after digging a lemming at start they would just walk over them. so I uploaded the new 620.ini. It's in the previous post.

also in dodo's cachapack level 9 Mesa Amarilla there was this quirk to where a lemming can build thru a thin strip and continue past. so when I recreated this level for both NL and Superlemmini,
I had to fix it to be a similiar solution.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »
also in dodo's cachapack level 9 Mesa Amarilla there was this quirk to where a lemming can build thru a thin strip and continue past. so when I recreated this level for both NL and Superlemmini,
I had to fix it to be a similiar solution.

Yes, building through a 1 pixel wall but still continuing is also a glitch exclusive to Lemmini. Does not work in NL and Superlemmini as you saw, and so the level had to be fixed. I believe in Lemmini backward bashing (confirmed to work) through a wall works, just like in Superlemmini. Does not work in NL.

Here, this is what I mean by backwards bashing. This of course is Retro 20 in the OP. This might work as an alternative solution in lieu of the original glitch solution which doesn't work. Solvable with just a bomber and 2 bashers and the OWW on the thin wall. That's because a basher's mask slightly extends behind him as well, and hence they can bash through a wall backwards, although not much. This also applies to backward mining.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:41:31 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 12:56:22 AM »
Ok, I'm finished fixing the Superlemmini levels that added OWW's and steel from neolemmix's version. only 4 levels were affected. and 2 of the 4 affected my replays. So had to solve over.

1) Hellish 2 Crazy Cristmas Climbing II
    Just added left-facing OWW's on right tall barrier. (Note: in neolemmix's version there is no OWW's on the Steel which would make sense since it's steel. But in Superlemmini there is-but I left
    them there)
                            This didn't affect my replay.

2)  Hellish 12 Labyrinth for Lucifer
     Just added small Left-facing OWW on small slope near start
                            Again this didn't affect my replay.

3)  Hellish 13 Strike for Victory!
    added extra OWW's on left and right barrier to the right and left and hatch(extended a little farther down)
    Also some extra steel was added below hatch.
    and to the right of right OWW barrier near hatch, changed it to steel instead of normal terrain.

This one affected my replay since I mined down into terrain then built to turn him around.
            but this one was only a slight difference in new solution.
            Instead of mining and building to turn him around(normal terrain) vs Now build 1 step and mine to turn him around(steel)

4) Hellish 19 A small Colossus
           I added OWW's on top of 1st 2 barriers(left of middle steel block on each barrier (left-facing OWW) and right of middle steel block on each barrier (right-facing OWW)

This too affected my replay so I had to solve over again, but not too difficult. I can't remember the old solution-but I think it had to do with bashing terrain where I added OWW's.

ok  here I attached my 4 new hellish .ini files and 2 replays that were affected by new additions(luckily that adds up to 6 so can attach here. but I will also adjust my .rar file to update the new levels and replays.