Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Edge of Updraft Doesn't Properly Slow Falls  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
[BUG][PLAYER] Edge of Updraft Doesn't Properly Slow Falls
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:53:10 AM »
BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/27/trigger-area-for-updrafts-is-misleading

I found this while designing a level for the contest.

If updrafts are placed such that their edges are touching each other, but there is no overlap between them, lemmings that fall through that space will be unaffected by the updraft.

From a level designer's perspective, this can be fixed by having the updrafts overlap; still, I don't feel like this is the intended behavior.

Attached is a level designed to show this off.

The lemmings from both entrances fall from the same height, both through an updraft, but the lemmings on the left live, while the lemmings on the right splat.  The terrain at the right entrance is aligned with the edge of the updraft directly underneath it; there is no overlap between this updraft object and the one directly next to it (although visually they appear as one continuous object).

This level is designed to show off the issue.  I made it solvable just for the sake of completeness, but it's not intended to be a puzzle at all (in fact you can win by doing absolutely nothing).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:19:02 AM by namida »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Edge of Updraft Doesn't Properly Slow Falls
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:23:45 AM »
That was noticed before and I am quite surprised that this is still in there -----> I am taking the lead here and update my tilesets with out that gap! :8():

The outer Left and right pixel of the object isn't covered by the trigger area ----> will widen it up with these 2 missing pixels.
This shouldn't effect any levels, as insame precise glider precision or sth would be nessesary to make this matter in a negative way.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:29:52 AM by IchoTolot »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Edge of Updraft Doesn't Properly Slow Falls
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »
Here is the old thread for additional reading: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2400.0