Author Topic: Beast of a Level music from Master System version?! O_O  (Read 3514 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Beast of a Level music from Master System version?! O_O
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:16:58 AM »
So, I just stumbled across this on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesHDQvf3_s&list=PL3ADEFF9336CC2B12&index=19

I don't recall seeing this in the VGM rips from the game, so I'd be interested to know where he got it from. Certianly, the Master System version of the game doesn't actually contain A Beast Of A Level; Fun 22 in that version is "Go For It!" (roughly the same terrain layout as in Budget Amiga, but a much more generous skillset).

Does anyone know anything about this; in particular whether there's some obscure (perhaps beta?) version of the game that does have this level, and/or if unused Master System versions of the other special graphics level musics exist?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Re: Beast of a Level music from Master System version?! O_O
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »
Humm... This is exactly the title screen music from "Shadow Of The Beast" on SMS. It must be a mistake or a joke. But you can download from SMS Power the beta version of Lemmings, and try to rip it or find it on Fun 22.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:46:21 AM »
I'll have to give that a go when I can be bothered firing up my emulator box.

I did however check out a video on youtube, made by our previous admin in fact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZyNeVVnsd4

Interesting that the Sega levels appear to have been much harder originally (I assume these versions were intended for Mayhem).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline DoubleU

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:00:12 PM »
Humm... This is exactly the title screen music from "Shadow Of The Beast" on SMS. It must be a mistake or a joke. But you can download from SMS Power the beta version of Lemmings, and try to rip it or find it on Fun 22.
I doubt it was either. I think they recorded it, but it was too complex to do or something, so they just did the "budget" version.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »
Hah, ha, you're talking about my april fools video? It was an april fools joke and it seems to have fooled all of you, or at least got you thinking.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 09:03:05 PM »
Hah, ha, you're talking about my april fools video? It was an april fools joke and it seems to have fooled all of you, or at least got you thinking.

Ah, that's a bit disappointing. :P Oh well, at least we have our answer now!

Which reminds me, I think the forum forgot about April Fools last year...
My Lemmings projects