Author Topic: Missing Lemmini Tilesets  (Read 10272 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Missing Lemmini Tilesets
« on: April 28, 2016, 04:32:42 AM »
EDIT: Originally this topic was for the Future tileset. However, I didn't want to make separate topics for each tileset. This topic will be for all Lemmini tilesets that are currently impossible to download as their websites have been taken down.

Is there any way to obtain the Future style by jarv156? Does anyone have it? I've tried downloading it on Lemmings Heaven back in 2014 before it went down months later, but the download link didn't even work at all. Not even Archive.org can save this file.

Here is a video by PacGuy765 / Prince Jamie the 7th using that style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3R_8bwLXSY

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:00:09 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: The Future style for Lemmini by jarv156
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »
I'm a member of Prince Jamie's Lemmini group on Facebook; I'll ask him if he can send me a copy of it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 12:09:07 PM »
Here you go! (Disclaimer: I just directly re-uploaded the file he sent me; I haven't checked the contents at all.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
Awesome, this is just what I am looking for! :laugh: Thank you and Prince Jamie the 7th! :thumbsup:

Shall I go ahead and NeoLemmix-ise it by adding pickup skills, pre-placed lemmings and updraft (as well as fixing up the trigger areas)?

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »
You might want to ask jarv first if you can find him (unlikely, I guess), but otherwise sure. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »
He has a YouTube Account, but I doubt he will reply; it's been a very inactive account for a very long time.

I've added the pickup skills, pre-placed lemmings, updrafts, and re-used the splat pads and antisplat pads from the Wasteland tileset. I'll try to contact him, but if he doesn't reply within a couple of days or so, I'll release the converted version here. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:21:35 PM »
Given the futuristic theme, think some teleporters might be in order too?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 03:25:31 PM »
I think so too, but I don't have the artistic ability to draw teleporters. I'm not sure which one to use. Perhaps the Martian/Purple tileset is the best (since it has the stars that give it that Future-y/Space-y feeling), and I can color the borders blue. Or maybe the LPIV Space teleporters or the Tribes Space teleporters.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
You have to be very careful about the trigger areas! As you saw I had to rearrange them for all my Lemmini conversions lately. Let the tool show you the trigger area directly!

Remember you need to draw new tiles in double resolution due to the conversion + trigger areas also need to be given in double size!  2pixels = 1pixel actively in the game     again let the tool directly show it to you to make sure it is pixel precise. :)

About teleporters: A recoloring of already existing ones should also work.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:18 PM »
You have to be very careful about the trigger areas! As you saw I had to rearrange them for all my Lemmini conversions lately. Let the tool show you the trigger area directly!

Remember you need to draw new tiles in double resolution due to the conversion + trigger areas also need to be given in double size!  2pixels = 1pixel actively in the game     again let the tool directly show it to you to make sure it is pixel precise. :)

About teleporters: A recoloring of already existing ones should also work.

All you really have to do is double the size of the teleporter images when you're finished making them.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 01:28:04 AM »
Thanks! I noticed that when I first implemented the updrafts/pickup skills/antisplat and splat pads, and found that I needed to resize them after the objects looked small. I've used the Lemmini style conversions as a guide for the trigger areas of the pickup skills and updraft.

At this point, I am still unsure which teleporter layout I should re-use. Re-coloring them is the hard part. I need to fix up the trigger areas of the traps as well.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 01:47:35 AM »
I've used the Lemmini style conversions as a guide for the trigger areas of the pickup skills and updraft.

If you want the behaviour to be consistent with those in normal styles, just use the same values the normal ones have, but double them.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »
I've used the Lemmini style conversions as a guide for the trigger areas of the pickup skills and updraft.

If you want the behaviour to be consistent with those in normal styles, just use the same values the normal ones have, but double them.

Nope! This is not 100% exact! You still need to resize them SLIGHTLY. That's why the recent updates to these were nessesary :8():     Some were a pixel off or so (updrafts   pick-ups....  traps reaching 3 pixels into the ground.....).

Rather stick with my conversion as I should have eliminated thoese problems.  +  check the areas again for additional security

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 09:13:14 AM »
Oh, really? That's interesting... that means something isn't behaving as expected, as NeoLemmix should be effectively dividing those values by 2 (or specifically, multiplying by 8 then dividing by 16, since it uses 8 to represent standard resolution and 16 to represent double - theoretically, you could create a graphic set with a value of 12, and thus have it "1.5x resolution", in practice, the GS tool does not allow for this).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
New questions:

1. How do I make the following image one-way down arrows the same size as the Bubble Tileset? If I just did a simple 90 degree rotation, it would look like what is seen in the second attached image, as compared to how namida rotated the arrows in the Bubble tileset.

2. What is a good tool to recolor the teleporter? I think I will use the Circuit/Psychedelic teleporter (in third picture below) should I choose to recolor, but if re-coloring is too much trouble I might just use the L2 Space teleporters since the color scheme fits with the Future tileset (if this is okay with IchoTolot).

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
I would be ok with that :)

I am currently just using oldschool MS Paint for recoloring ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »
1. How do I make the following image one-way down arrows the same size as the Bubble Tileset? If I just did a simple 90 degree rotation, it would look like what is seen in the second attached image, as compared to how namida rotated the arrows in the Bubble tileset.

This might be tricky. This should work:

1. Rotate it as you have.
2. Increase the height of the image (not resize; you're wanting to add blank space) to double.
3. Copy / paste the existing arrows so they fill the new empty space as well (making sure they're at the right position exactly).
4. Import this into the Graphic Set Tool (be sure to use the horizontal strip setting).
5. Export the image as a vertical strip.
6. Halve the width of the image (again; remove area, not resize).
7. This should give you an image that, when re-imported, does what you want.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
Thanks!

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this, but right now I'm focusing on other projects and IRL stuff first, and my upcoming game won't use the Future tileset.

Since I'd like to keep them all in one topic (which I've now renamed to missing Lemmini tilesets); could you also ask Prince Jamie for the Sailor Moon and Techno (Speedy Eggbert) styles? They are on his website (which is frozen; not even archive.org can save the download links), but I'm sure he has a copy somewhere.

Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20101201103819/http://pacguy765.webs.com/downloadtilesets.htm
Video using the Techno Style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXA-lOrBjZw
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:11:45 PM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Missing Lemmini Tilesets
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
He's said he has the Techno one but not the Sailor Moon one. I'll let you know if/when he puts it up.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 03:18:23 PM »
Thanks! I'm surprised that Prince Jamie doesn't have the Sailor Moon one. I was curious about that one (especially since that was on his website).

Also, does anyone have these styles during the days when Lemmings Heaven was online? (excluding Pieuw's castle tileset and the Future tileset by jarv156, of course, since they're available)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 06:05:34 PM »
Speaking of lost tilesets
These three by lacktardo AFAIK have never been publicly released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqBDKhdvXBM&index=16&list=PL6BD7D385A7652D23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrHA8V41htA&list=PL6BD7D385A7652D23&index=19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xTeDYXJwng&list=PL6BD7D385A7652D23&index=21

They might've come from other games of some sort I know that second one is from "Krusty's playhouse" if thats the name
but until we know witch tileset is from, They're forever lost
Edit: thank you youtube comments, the third one is from is From Adams family for Mega Drive/Genesis

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 03:58:54 PM »
Found most of the Missing Lemmini Tilesets in the Lemmins fangame. Specifically, the Ancient, Digital, Droidlings, Electric, Forest, Machine, Marioworld, Launch Base, and Techno.

Desert and Occult come from Lix.

Special thanks to Geoff for preserving these tilesets. It looks like namida will take care of converting these tilesets. :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:19:26 PM by Wafflem »

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:09:49 PM by Geoff »

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 05:10:49 PM »
Anybody got this tileset?

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »
Is lacktardo still about?

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »
AFAIK Unknown
Those tile haven been publically release, I would find the tiles and recreate them myself but no rips exist :(

Offline Geoff

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »
Ok thanks it's a shame he hasn't released his tilesets.