Author Topic: Lemmings Evolution [cancelled]  (Read 17553 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Evolution {In Development, DEMO Released}
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 02:38:56 AM »
Hate to double post but I think an update to the .nxp would be nice since i can't run it on 10.12.XX onwards
And maybe add a few more levels to the demo too
But I solved Hydnellem Packii out of boredum and I can say....Good level but Brutal too

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »
The tilesets are very pretty but the levels are ridiculously hard. Got the first two, but those solutions are very precise. Third one seems to have this impassable block (I know it doesn't but it sure looks it), 4th one I don't even, 5th one is much the same. Much like Lemmings Plus IV, I doubt I'd get far in the full game.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 07:49:54 PM »
I updated the demo to work on new versions (I didn't add any new levels to it though)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 06:42:32 AM »
Lastly, I'm tested to ask about testing because of the minimalist tileset, I know we'll get it anyway but still
:( Darn it it feels like a tease, I want to make levels with it already darn it, The patience is killing me gyah

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 12:19:26 PM »
I give in!!!! :) :o :lem-shocked: :lem-mindblown: 8-)
Now we can talk about something other than this tileset.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 11:09:20 PM »
I'm up to 75 levels! That's three quarters there!! I shall release 2 more images in celebration (though the final product might be a bit different due to testing).

Tropical Ruin - Fun with tileset mixing!!

Sport Pod - I make use of the fact there's no minimum screen size any more! This pack emphasises small levels and sometimes they'll get tiny

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Evolution {In Development, 75% complete!}
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 11:18:56 PM »
Tropical Ruin looks hard without even knowing the stats. Sport Pod looks interesting despite being so small and simple.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 12:36:52 AM »
Oh wow Tropical ruin looks beautiful

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »
Indeed. Very pretty.
Sport pod isn't just going to hand you a builder and platformer, is it... No, of course not. :evil:

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 08:20:18 PM »
Well none of the levels in this pack will use any new skills so you can count out the platformer :P
No new objects either other than preplaced lemmings sometimes.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Evolution {In Testing, 100% complete!}
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »
All levels, music etc is now complete! I could release this pack now if I wanted. First I would like to do around a month of beta testing to remove any glaring backroutes (which I'm sure exist) and difficulty curve mistakes. Please PM me if you would like to be a tester! Your name can go in the credits unless you don't want it

EDIT: I have enough testers now
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:26:28 AM by Gronkling »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2018, 02:02:19 PM »
So, are things moving forward here? The pack has been ready for over a year, but isn't released yet?

Are the levels so difficult that even your testers haven't finished them yet? :evil:

If so, I'm going to have to base my Gronkling level for Lemmings World Tour only on the demos you've uploaded so far...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2018, 02:04:59 PM »
im currently converting them into the new format, the levels still have backroutes in them that need fixing. there are also 3 levels that need replacing right now (1 i forgot the solution for completely and was too backroutable anyway, 1 broke due to a feature that was removed, 1 is just not very good)
i hope i can get it out before the end of august, but no promises as usual

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »
Okay, thanks for the info! I gave your demo a shot in the meantime. I was quite surprised that there was only one level I couldn't solve - I expected to get stumped by literally every single one of them, after what I had read about this pack here so far.

I also believe I may have found yet another backroute, because I managed to save every lemming on the last level.

Perhaps some of the things I write here are redundant, because your testers have probably informed you about them already, but anyway :D :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, just these couple of levels look very promising already, and they're also exactly the type of smaller, restricted-skillset levels that I tend to enjoy the most (rather than huge X-of-everything levels or levels with annoying terrain shape that are bound to make any execution fiddly by default). :thumbsup:

If my criticism in the spoiler tab sounds a little harsh here and there, that's not intended to detract from the generally very good first impression that I got from this pack! :) It's merely that the pixel precision in some of these levels makes them artificially harder than the conceptual solution actually is.

Also, thanks to the specific tricks you used, these five levels already provide a sufficient amount of information for me to compile a Gronkling-style level for Lemmings World Tour. ;)

I strongly encourage you to keep going with this pack, especially since you seem to be so close to the finish line!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »
level 5 on the demo is actually on incredibly thin ice on whether i replace it, its incredibly ugly and very backroutable, and looking at the solution with fresh eyes its not that impressive (also the traps not working is just a mistake, id never use that as a solution). theres another level in the exact same situation too, so I may end up replacing 5 levels

ill change level 3 a bit as it is a bit unfairly un-obvious that you can do the thing you mentioned (SPOILER!!!)