Author Topic: Lemmings Evolution [cancelled]  (Read 17554 times)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Lemmings Evolution [cancelled]
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »
Sorry, this pack is cancelled, due to working on 100 levels at one time being too stressful for me. But the good levels in it will be released in 10-level packs in the future, along with new levels.

I've started work on my level set properly this time, so here's a proper thread for it.

~Lemmings Evolution~ (Completed: 100%)

Overview
This will be a pack for neolemmix, mostly using only classic lemmings features (though occasional levels will make use of slight new stuff). It heavily uses my own graphic sets. New music too (that I didn't make). This will most likely be a hard pack, as in it wont have any 20-of everything sort of levels and stuff like that. The levels in this pack are small/compact too, there is a limit of 2 screen widths.

Ranks
Each rank will have 20 levels. The names are based on evolution as I wanted them to be something other than 'progressively more horrible adjectives' because hard levels are FUN! (Yes it's completely inaccurate to real evolution but it's close enough) Placement of levels are just being decided as I go along.

Amoeba - Easier puzzles and tutorials for more well known advanced tricks.
Fish
Amphibian
Reptile
Rodent

Preview Images

Current title screen (click to show/hide)

Release
This might be finished in late 2016 AT SOME POINT
If you would like to be a beta-tester to have sneak peeks and help me find horrendous backroutes so I don't release embarrassing levels, just send me a message (though don't if you want it to be a surprise when it's released e.g. let's players)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:58:08 PM by Gronkling »

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Evolution {In Development}
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »
Hi, I've created 50 / 100 levels for this pack now (though there a few I will probably replace), so I will now release a DEMO! This contains a level from each rank, making 5 levels total. All these levels are made in V1.43 but will most likely work in experimental releases too. There isn't any of the custom content such as music and font that'll be in the final release, just levels and tileset. Please send replays/backroutes :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:52:56 PM by Gronkling »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Evolution {In Development, DEMO Released}
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 01:42:07 AM »
but will most likely work in experimental releases too

If you're using custom styles, they won't work in any of the experimental versions that have "ExNf" (Experimental - New Formats) in their version number since there's no new-format version of the styles. It will be playable on the experimental versions that predate the new formats (these just have "Exp" in their version numbers), though there's no guarantee it'll be solvable unless you've tested it yourself.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:13:06 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »
As expected, only got the first 2 levels done. They are all very well made though.

I had the feeling I had the right idea on Level 5 but couldn't quite pull it together *sigh*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 12:40:55 AM »
The lemmings spirit has returned to me! :8:()[:.o0(:lemming:)

I've created a few more levels for this pack in the past week, in the time I've been away I changed my mind on a few things. I won't only using my tilesets anymore but also other ones too (because I got bored using the same 5 sets all the time). Also one or two levels use new skills. I'm still limiting myself to a maximum size of two screen widths.
Also I'm going to allow a few beta-testers, so if you would like to have sneak peeks and help me find horrendous backroutes so I don't release embarrassing levels, just send me a message (though don't if you want it to be a surprise when it's released e.g. let's players)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 05:15:26 AM »
The lemmings spirit has returned to me! :8:()[:.o0(:lemming:)

I've created a few more levels for this pack in the past week, in the time I've been away I changed my mind on a few things. I won't only using my tilesets anymore but also other ones too (because I got bored using the same 5 sets all the time). Also one or two levels use new skills. I'm still limiting myself to a maximum size of two screen widths.
Also I'm going to allow a few beta-testers, so if you would like to have sneak peeks and help me find horrendous backroutes so I don't release embarrassing levels, just send me a message (though don't if you want it to be a surprise when it's released e.g. let's players)
Ah good that means the minimal tileset will also be seeing release sometime

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:22:35 AM »
the minimal tileset will be a gift/prize to people who either test at least 10 levels or finish all the levels when it's released :evil::evil::evil::devil: (i changed my mind on this idea to :P)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:32:50 PM by Gronkling »

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 04:22:21 PM »
the minimal tileset will be a gift/prize to people who either test at least 10 levels or finish all the levels when it's released :evil::evil::evil::devil:
You can't keep em locked forever though, I at suggest setting a deadline for the challenge
But If I can test if not beat 10 levels at least, then I accept

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 04:29:21 PM »
im not going to release it publicly EVER it is an exclusive unlimited prize! if you get it i ask you not to upload it to other people ^_^ you can use it in your own levels though. there's no deadline (unless you ask me 498534 years in the future then maybe itd be hard)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:32:20 PM by Gronkling »

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 07:11:32 PM »
im not going to release it publicly EVER it is an exclusive unlimited prize! if you get it i ask you not to upload it to other people ^_^ you can use it in your own levels though. there's no deadline (unless you ask me 498534 years in the future then maybe itd be hard)
If I come off as rude, I apologise
Kill me for asking but, (also sorry to do this) What if  IchoTolot posts all the solutions on his channel? what then?

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
8-)--- :XD:-->
*shrugs* i dunno I guess you'd still get it if you sent all the solutions but that would ruin the fun wouldn't it, and it would be very boring to create 100 replays based on videos just to get a tileset. This prize isn't particularly serious. :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:32:08 PM by Gronkling »

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
I'll put this a calmly as I can (unless you would want me to Rant, You should see me rant on discord, don't worry I have a special room for it ;))
Anyway, locking a tileset behind a kind of "paywall" is never a good thing.
Especially if someone doesn't have the time to solve puzzles of your level or can't because they feel stumpted and they can't do anything about it.
Now if it were temporary paywall, I would cut it some slack, I know you mean well as a prize but I heard how tough your puzzles are, and experienced them first hand I don't think putting behind a paywall that could be the hardest level pack which could rival "Nepsterlems"
Some people (Myself included) are dying to edit with your minimal tileset, and IMO All Tilesets that are remotely finished should be released to public after sometime has passed.
Plus, I don't want to do something as shady as bother someone else to give it to me but never share it anywhere else after that.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »
I think the exclusive price tileset is a poor motivation idea to begin with to be honest. :8():

It's more a motivation to "ruin the fun" as you said if you really want to get yourself the tileset.

Also I think with the new loose file format it will get hard to keep it hidden anyway ;P

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
oh fine i just thought it was a fun idea :XD: ill just release it when the pack comes out

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 08:36:57 PM »
oh fine i just thought it was a fun idea :XD: ill just release it when the pack comes out
Fair enough
Like I said, what you could've done what handle it like Lemmings Plus V
Set a Deadline and Talisman to unlock a Tileset
if the Deadline isn't met, Release em anyway