Author Topic: NeoLemmix Conversion of Lemmini levelpacks?  (Read 15952 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix Conversion of Lemmini levelpacks?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 10:18:13 AM »
I'm glad Pieuw agreed. Has he said anything about what to do with levels that don't work in part or whole?

I'm afraid many levels will give you trouble, as I had fun exploiting a lot of Lemmini's weird mechanics... you can do what you think is best, I give you carte blanche. Open source PimoLems! :laugh:

Levels like "Fish Fry" will certainly need some reworking and thinking about a clever different solution, but as far as the standard level goes I just remove time limits where it makes no real sense (it is just there, because Lemmini must have one), looking if 1pixel gaps that have been created in the conversion, adating a more fitting level size (+ avoiding building to the side solutions) and direct drop prevention, create a replay and see if everything works or little changes are needed.

No worries! I will find a clever solution for the "problematic" levels ;)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 06:27:37 PM »
You know i Pieuw want, he can probably make new levels to replace levels that are impossible in Neolemmix

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 05:14:14 PM »
Two ranks down. Only a few more in depth changes needed ("The Landing Strip" for example). Most of the changes until now where just build to the level side prevention, because of the level space reduction to cut of the not needed space. (and of course a lot of time limits that are not necesseraly needed have been thrown away)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 07:01:32 AM »
Little update:
Just a handfull of levels left (those which need some serious backroute fixing in the first place + have problems with the new mechanics), then I need to make the Logo, rating signs etc.......

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 07:20:03 AM »
I'd be up for backroute testing tomorrow (Friday) afternoon!

-- Simon

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 08:02:37 PM »
So, it's been a while since I last posted here, but I've been checking out the forums once in a while and seeing what's been new. I saw this topic, and I am in strong support of this project too; I'd like to see how these levels would turn out in NeoLemmix.

Can all these Lemmini packs be converted easily, or do some of the levels in these packs have Lemmini glitches that cannot be exploited in NeoLemmix?

FranLems, Cachapack and Dodopack by Dodochacalo.
Mikau Schekzen's pack
ONML Extra Levels by PacGuy765, these are just basically remakes of the Lemmings 2 Classic Tribes levels in Oh No More Lemmings styles.
The Challenge Packs by PacGuy765. I can't seem to find the download link for them, but IchoTolot has them.
FoxLems by Tim
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
So, it's been a while since I last posted here, but I've been checking out the forums once in a while and seeing what's been new. I saw this topic, and I am in strong support of this project too; I'd like to see how these levels would turn out in NeoLemmix.

Can all these Lemmini packs be converted easily, or do some of the levels in these packs have Lemmini glitches that cannot be exploited in NeoLemmix?

FranLems, Cachapack and Dodopack by Dodochacalo.
Mikau Schekzen's pack
ONML Extra Levels by PacGuy765, these are just basically remakes of the Lemmings 2 Classic Tribes levels in Oh No More Lemmings styles.
The Challenge Packs by PacGuy765. I can't seem to find the download link for them, but IchoTolot has them.
FoxLems by Tim

Everything CAN be converted, but for some specific behaviors the solution of the level must be adapted a bit to NeoLemmix physics. I've had ~ 5-10 level in PimoLems which needed some greater rework (some due to lots of backroutes I've fixed for the NL version).

Update: Level conversion is done! ;)   Next on the list are the rating signs and the logo (might take a bit).

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »
Rating signs are done!

Logo remaining.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »
awesome work :thumbsup: At some point after this is done, I'll look forward to playing through PimoLems again. Maybe later then I'll be willing to help with a conversion of Dovelems or something like that.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 06:10:19 PM »
need help with this logo

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 01:01:12 AM »
Looking forward to test Pikalems Pimolems at Icho's in the near future. I'm super busy with reallife this week, so I suggest a meetup next week, Tue 2015-11-17 or Wed 2015-11-18.

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »
Ok! With the new NL version release, I try to get it ready for releae until Christmas :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
I will probably start converting DoveLems after the big physic changes. Right now it is unlogical to start just to do a bunch of stuff twice after the update :)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
Ooh, SO excited for this! :thumbsup:

DoveLems was the one fangame that really got me back into Lemmings after seeing videos of roundthewheel and Dodo himself playing these packs. I loved the video game music they played in these packs too. I will be more than happy to play a NeoLemmix conversion!
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!