Author Topic: [FIXED] Blocker-Fields of OhNoer not deleted [PLAYER] [BUG]  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
[FIXED] Blocker-Fields of OhNoer not deleted [PLAYER] [BUG]
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »
We all know that in L1 and Lemmix, blocker-fields do not get deleted if the lemming falls down during the OhNo animation.
But something similar can be done in NeoLemmix as well: Block a lemming under a trigger trap, then bomb him. During the OhNo-animation the lemming is checked for trigger areas, so the trap catches the lemming while the blocker field is still active. But traps munching lemmings do not delete any blocker fields, so the blocker field is preserved even beyond the death of the lemming.
Attached a level with replay, where you can see this behavior.

This makes it even more questionable, that blockers do not get checked for triggered traps, given that even OhNoers are!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:31:42 PM by Nepster »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Blocker-Fields of OhNoer not deleted [PLAYER] [BUG]
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 04:55:36 PM »
Yep, that needs fixing (and I see you already fixed it in your experimental version).

One even weirder thing with this, which I predicted upon seeing the report and confirmed as true - try this:
1. Set up glitch as described in your post
2. Place another blocker somewhere
3. Get rid of this blocker in a way that doesn't trigger the glitch (any method should work, including releasing him by digging under him)
4. The glitchy blocker field is now gone!

Nepster probably already knows why this works, but to everyone else: It's because whenever a blocker is removed, the entire blocker trigger map is erased and rebuilt from scratch. The original glitch here arises from the erase and rebuild not being triggered in those situations.

I'd also think (though I didn't test this), in the case of using a teleporter, the glitchy blocker area should free up once the lemming finishes teleporting (and, if applicable, exploding).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Blocker-Fields of OhNoer not deleted [PLAYER] [BUG]
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »
I'd also think (though I didn't test this), in the case of using a teleporter, the glitchy blocker area should free up once the lemming finishes teleporting (and, if applicable, exploding).
I tested this after writing my original post and in V1.43 it works as you describe it. Still one ends up with a blocker-field without blocker for a few frames, while the lemming is being teleported and explodes at another position...