Author Topic: Lemmings MIDI critique  (Read 8679 times)

Re: Lemmings MIDI critique
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 04:05:59 PM »
In case you're wondering, this is the best I can eke out of the DOS conversion.

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/beast2_dos.mid

The pitched conga has been substituted with a piano, which actually worked okay on the first half, but not too great on the second half.  I think the problem is, in the actual DOS version the conga instrument has an unstable pitch, but with MIDI you might, at best, need to go through a bit of extra work to get the same effect.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 05:21:48 PM »
Ok, so I guess it would be better not to try to edit them using Anvil Studio then.

Yep, this is the program I use to sequence my songs:

http://www.anvilstudio.com/

Your converted songs are very good too!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 10:25:39 PM »
Well, when I have time I'll try to see if I can get my conversion program to produce something more friendly towards Anvil Studio.  I know Anvil Studio is fairly popularly used for doing MIDI editing and other stuff, and it would be a shame if it was excluded from the process of editing Lemming MIDIs.

Incidentally, just wondering, did Anvil Studio fair a little better with the SNES conversion?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2005, 04:34:01 AM »
Dunno, haven't tried any converted SNES songs.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 11:46:54 AM »
I was talking about the MIDI for Beast2 I posted, whether Anvil Studio was able to open it.

But it turns out I actually have Anvil Studio on my computer, just never used it very often.  I tried and it was able to open the MIDI without complain.

I think I might be able get Anvil Studio happy if I always pass my MIDI through Microsoft DirectMusic and re-saved the file from there (as I did for the Beast2 MIDI during a cleanup process).  I'll try to do that for future MIDIs I post.