Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Updates of Lemmix Packs to NeoLemmix  (Read 30613 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Updates of Lemmix Packs to NeoLemmix - Release Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »
Added the level packs by Insulfrog, Isu, jammer64, Junajo el Lemming, Lemeri (now for real) and Leviathan.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
Lemeri's NXP is still the old version without the new packs.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »
Thanks! Now only the new version V1.1 should be availalbe for download.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 07:26:04 AM »
A bit late to the party, but...

In Dullstar's dstar01 Level 3 "Pillars in Space!", it should use the Bubble style, not the Pillar style.

Though I'm not sure if Dullstar intended it to be this way.
The bubble style level is "Attack of the Killer Toddlers" (rank 2, level 1), though this is not completely obvious, because I have removed lots of the decoration on both sides. As far as I can remember, "Pillars in Space!" was meant as a WTF-level, making fun of all the other levels one got by choosing the wrong game mechanics in Lemmix (or by having a different style order in CustLemm).

The Pillar style is in fact intended for that level (hence "Pillars" in Space).  I don't quite remember what possessed me to swap the style on Attack of the Killer Toddlers and make a level out of it, but I did.

Nepster: Thanks for converting my levels.  It was interesting to play through them again. I have most of the original level files lying around somewhere, but they're very, very disorganized.  Some of them are decent levels, so I might be able to improve on them a bit now.  Others...  kinda suck *cough cough Pillars in Space cough cough*.

I think some of my solutions were backroutes, but by this point I no longer remember what any of the originally intended solutions were :P

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2016, 08:57:34 PM »
Added three more level packs: minimac94, Paris Karagounis and QBeez.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 10:37:05 PM »
Would my pack work? I think my pack only works on lemmini at the moment, I could be wrong. I might see if I can convert them to neolemmix one time as I hear that it is the one everyone is into. :)

http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAgJKUlwoM/

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
Here's a Lemmix fangame that can be converted: Deceit's Lemmings. Gronkling found this fangame while looking around Google, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned in the forums for a very long time. I think the last time he/she posted in this blog was 2013, and the very last post was this Lemmings game itself.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Would my pack work? I think my pack only works on lemmini at the moment, I could be wrong. I might see if I can convert them to neolemmix one time as I hear that it is the one everyone is into. :)
Lemmini levels can be loaded in the (Neo)Lemmix editor and then saved as NeoLemmix levels, so converting these leves is certainly possible. Unless they rely too much on the specific Lemmini mechanics, they should stay solvable as well.
It might become problematic, if your levels use custom(ized) tilesets though.

Here's a Lemmix fangame that can be converted: Deceit's Lemmings. Gronkling found this fangame while looking around Google, and I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned in the forums for a very long time. I think the last time he/she posted in this blog was 2013, and the very last post was this Lemmings game itself.
Yes, that is another level pack, that should be converted at some point.

@all: This here is the thread for discussing the released conversions of old Lemmix packs. For discussing what and how old levels should be converted, we have another thread.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, the creator of that pack is / was a member here who's been active at least a bit on the new forums. I forget the username, though.

If you need help with understanding anything on that site, let me know. My Korean ability is far from perfect, but it's also far from non-existant too. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »
Thanks! I think the user you're referring to is ssam1221, who is also a Korean user, but his packs are very different from Deceit's. I could be wrong though.

@Nepster: Regarding doggycharly's pack, have you updated it yet? namida posted a fixed version of Creatures of the Deep. You can also update BulletRide's as well since he has the intended solution to Fall Guy.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 02:47:43 PM »
Regarding doggycharly's pack, have you updated it yet? namida posted a fixed version of Creatures of the Deep.
I updated it quite some time ago, but forgot to upload the updated version :-[. Should be fixed now.

You can also update BulletRide's as well since he has the intended solution to Fall Guy.
BulletRide wanted to modify a few levels themselves and I am waiting for these updated levels. Personally I am not too keen on doing frequent small changes, because updating level packs and checking that nothing got garbled along the way always takes me about half an hour.

PS: I will try to upload the level packs you updated later today.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »
I uploaded the levels by Lars Rudinger, timfoxxy, TOG and an unknown author. All except timfoxxy's levels were updated by DynaLem.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2016, 05:45:32 PM »
Thanks!

I checked the TOG pack and saw that Level 8 has an error - the trapdoor is still at splat height. I've PM'd you a corrected version.

Also, just a minor thing, but just want to mention that QBeez is also known as karmew32.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:57:00 PM by DynaLem »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »
Added level packs by ccexplore (converted by DynaLem), ssam1221, Timballisto (converted by DynaLem) and Yawg. Updated TOG's level pack.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2016, 04:43:01 PM »
For level 0408 of ssam1221's pack, it uses the VGASPEC of Lemmings of Persia (not the same as Proxima's). It's in the Lemmix player created by namida.

@namida: Can you extract the level (and its VGASPEC) so it can be added to the update?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:55:07 PM by DynaLem »