Author Topic: [BUG][CONTENT][FIXED] Sunsoft 24 (Out, Away from the tune) impossible?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
From namida:
This has been fixed with the V1.01 update to the Extra Levels NXP, by adding an extra basher to the level's skillset.

Original post:

The intended solution requires bombing through the roof at the end of the level, at which point you can build up to the bar to let the lemmings into the exit (see here). However, this doesn't seem to work as the lemming always turns around 1 brick short with the builder in NL see:

This image is the frame before the builder turns around. It is worth noting that I have tried positioning the builder on a bunch of different pixels at the top of the bridge by frame-stepping and the closest I can get is 1 brick away from completion unless i missed one by accident. My bomber is detonated on the last frame he can possibly stand on the bridge (I cannot let him fall otherwise he leaves a 1 pixel layer at the top).

Sadly, you can't just use a builder from the lower ground area to position the bomber further over, as the second builder requires using some of the tiles from the first builder to reach high enough.

A fix would be to introduce an extra builder, or to flip the last note upside-down and raise it slightly so that we can bomb slightly further forward than before, and still be able to build to the exit from the top of the note (without needing to use our previous bridge).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:49:27 AM by namida »
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][CONTENT] Sunsoft 24 (Out, Away from the tune) impossible?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:56:44 AM »
I'll take a look at this level later on today and see if I can find any ways to modify it so that it's possible, without rendering it too easy.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][CONTENT] Sunsoft 24 (Out, Away from the tune) impossible?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 04:48:34 AM »
Fixed it. I found the change that has the least impact on the solution overall was to add an extra basher; I'll let you figure out how this makes the level possible. :)

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmix/ExtraLevels.nxp
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)