Author Topic: Gronkling's Tilesets  (Read 44881 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Gronkling's Tilesets
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »
Just add "rotate", "flip_horizontal" and "flip_vertical" (on their own line; not case-sensitive) inside the respective terrain section. You can also use offset_left, offset_right etc to account for any adjustments to the piece's size - but I don't remember off-hand whether this should be positive or negative, you'll have to experiment a bit.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2019, 08:23:22 PM »
I just noticed that the one-way down arrows in the Beast tileset don't seem to be working - I can still both dig and bash through them.

I'm going with the Dirt ones in the meantime, I just thought I should report this ;) .

Also, is the squirrel trap going to get a secondary animation? I just found out you can reeaaally easily fool the player with it by putting it exactly onto the hole of the big tree. Even though it looks slightly different than the hole of the tree by itself, i.e. you will notice the difference if you're very familiar with what the trap looks like. That said, the hole of this squirrel trap can always be easily overlooked, whether on the tree or on one of the many rocks.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:37:12 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2020, 09:16:03 PM »
I'm just bumping this topic again - since I just revisited the level with the squirrel trap on top of the tree. But it's not just this one which could use a secondary animation: The snakes from Menace could also use one, because new players most likely won't be able to tell the difference between terrain snakes and trap snakes.

For example, the squirrel could have two red eyes peering out of the hole it comes out of, lurking in the dark until a lemming arrives.
And the snake traps could just move their tongues, like a single moving red pixel, since it seems to be sticking out anyway.

I don't know who are the main folks in charge of making secondary animations here - I'm not saying Gronkling should do it himself. ;)

I currently don't have photoshop re-installed yet since I got my new laptop on the weekend (and before that, my version of Photoshop was an ancient one anyway, 7.0 :D ). This ancient version of Photoshop is what I have been using so far for all my modifications. The only animations I've done though are the falling-leaf single use trap from my Autumn tileset (for which I just worked off of namida's Tree tileset trap and painted over it :evil: ), and the unlocking bank safe exit from my Money tileset. Neither of these have secondary animations, though, so I don't know how to implement these yet.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »
I updated beast to have secondary animations, I may do the menacing snake soon, but that one will be a bit more work.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2020, 11:56:47 PM »
Great job, Gronkling! :thumbsup: Can that simply be downloaded via the styles manager? (Meaning "Has Nessy added the updated version to the official styles download yet?")
My packs so far:

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2020, 11:58:06 PM »
I PMed namida so it will be downloadable like that soon

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 08:12:28 PM »
Hi, I just tried to download the updated versions with the secondary animations via the styles manager, but apparently it didn't work.

You said you PMed namida - but the person responsible for the tilesets should still be Nessy, if I remember correctly? ;)

Maybe contact him separately again. It's been three months, and it doesn't seem like the changes have been added to the official styles download yet.
My packs so far: