Author Topic: Gronkling's Tilesets  (Read 44898 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Gronkling's Tilesets
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 06:34:01 PM »
Found some major typos in the Minimal graphic set:

The pickup skills and one-way down arrows are all terrain objects. Also, why is there a picture of a mouse trap?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 06:39:31 PM »
Needs a few objects, Mainly Pickup skills, OWA Down, and at least one trap

gigalem asked me

(it was supposed to be a joke but i dont think anyone found them before it became irrelevant lol ill probably remove them if i ever update the tileset again)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2017, 11:14:40 PM »
Might as well do that soon, also if you need a an idea for a Minimal trap, come to me ;)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2017, 04:41:55 AM »
Decided to add some stuff to finish this set
-Removed the joke pieces
-Added a trap
-Backgrounds (simple ones ;) )
-Pickup skill
-One way down arrows
-Fixed the trigger area for entrance and exit

You're welcome Gronkling

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »
For those who want to use the Minimal tileset for the New NeoLemmix format, I have converted it accordingly. The only change I made is that I fused the exit and the exit top together. I have also included a translation table.

Also, due to the trap using a custom sound, and that the Graphic Set Converter does not extract sounds (only the terrain/objects), the sound file is not included in the ZIP. To GigaLem: please post the trap's sound file in this topic as well.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:29 AM »
If you still use the old format, I fixed something that was missing in the set
-Trigger area for one way arrows

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:29 PM »
alrite i have the new neolemmix version and theres some problems with my tilesets

minimal should have a plain black background by default, definitely not the grey it has right now

theres a set called "tancastle" credited to mobius, but its just a direct recolour of one of my sets so should have me as a credit too, or remove it entirely if no one has ever used it cos mobius said it was unfinished anyway

theres a bunch of sonic rip tilesets that i have no memory of making credited to me, and i dont want my name tied to those anyway so just make the credit say "no author" or "sonic team" or something

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2018, 07:34:45 AM »
I have used tanCastle in several of my levels. I always thought that was the original, and Slime the recoloured one :/ . But it makes sense that they're all part of your series.

Anyways, this is just me obviously advising against the removal of tanCastle.

Also, I was wondering whether all graphic sets from Old Formats had already been transferred to the New Format. So now I know that's definitely not the case for all of your tilesets, thanks for the info! ;)

Makes me feel even more justified in having created Lemmings World Tour for Old Formats, despite the occasional crashes resulting from excessive graphic set mixing :evil: !
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
I wonder if the neolemmix one picks a random background, I remember using the editor and I remember somehow getting random background colours.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2018, 09:31:47 PM »
Okay, so I redownloaded the styles for New Formats, and found that Gronkling's Ancient tileset has actually already been converted - however, it has been split up into two graphic sets: "Angel Island" and "Chaos Angel".

This makes conversion of Old Formats levels using the Ancient tileset impossible, because there is no such thing as an Ancient graphic set anymore, even though the same pieces of terrain are used.

I did start making a conversion of Ancient myself, and with that the New Formats editor is able to read Ancient levels perfectly fine. But of course, it would be a bunch of duplicated pieces if I were to upload that.

Are there any specific reasons for the split of Ancient into two graphic sets? And if so, would you mind a "complete" Ancient tileset?

Otherwise, no Old Formats level using Ancient will ever be able to be converted. :/ And as I've stated repeatedly, for Lemmings World Tour, Ancient may just be the most important graphic set of all...
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2018, 10:24:07 PM »
The sonic sets the groinkling made will be going under the "Sonic_tileset" name now, and some sets have been split into two

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »
Yeah, but why? As far as Ancient is concerned - and the conversion of Old Formats levels using it - I only have two options:

1) Add in a separate conversion of the entire tileset, so that there are duplicate versions of identical terrain pieces (Ancient, Angel Island, and Chaos Angel).
2) Leave things as it is, meaning Lemmings World Tour won't be possible to convert at all.

The latter would of course mean less work for me :D . If that is our consensus, though, I don't want to hear any complaints about LWT being Old Formats anymore... :P

The main reason a conversion would be useful is to reduce the number of crashes of NeoLemmix due to heavy tileset mixing. But the Ancient tileset is involved in almost all of these mixed-tileset city levels, so without it, that endeavour would be pointless.
My packs so far:

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2018, 03:56:50 PM »
I'd participate in the discussion, but I frankly haven't been following the NeoLemmix developments, so I'm unclear on what's going on. :P

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2018, 02:05:54 PM »
So, I've manually edited my translation table for grnk7_ancient so that each piece gets replaced with its proper counterpart from angelisland and chaosangel. It is attached, for anyone who still has remaining levels including the Ancient tileset that you wish to convert to New Formats.

@Gronkling: How did you convert your own levels featuring this tileset to New Formats, anyway? If you already have functioning translation tables for grnk6_electric and grnk8_digital, I'd urge you to upload them.
My packs so far:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2019, 04:20:01 PM »
Okay, I guess whoever did the conversion isn't active on the forums anymore, so I did the translation tables for grnk6_electric and grnk8_digital.

grnk6_electric now goes under "unknownauthor_electric" in New Formats.

grnk8_digital is split up into "gronkling_cybertrack" and "gronkling_technobase".

Both tilesets can be found in the current version of the complete download of the styles - but those don't include translation tables, hence I did them myself.

grnk6_electric has some very tiny pieces though of which I didn't find the equivalents in New Formats. Also, all rotated pieces were removed in the New Formats version. So if anyone can tell me how to add rotation information into the translation table, I'll happily update it. Currently, all rotated pieces get replaced with the same matching piece, so you'll just have to manually rotate such pieces in the New Formats editor again, but still the correct piece it's going to end up in the correct position in a level.
My packs so far: