Author Topic: Fall and no life part two  (Read 11318 times)

segagamer

Fall and no life part two
« on: May 14, 2005, 06:03:31 PM »
Before I get flamed I'd like to appologise for making this post in another topic but I thought that maybe it would just get ignored since there are 30+ pages!

In the Genesis version of Lemmings, I am stuck on the level Fall and No Life (part two), which is in Sunsoft.

Here's a picture to help remind you! :D

I have been stuck on this level for atleast eight years now, and I really cannot solve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also if possible, if you could use paint to kindof draw a plan with your explanation, that would help too!

Thanks in advance

Conway

Re: Fall and no life part two
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:37:01 PM »
EIGHT YEARS?!!?? O_o !?! I thought I was slow for being stuck on Fall and No Life (part one) for about eight months!

Anyway, sorry about that. I just had to say it.

There are three solutions on page 35 of the Lemming Level List Game.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 07:44:32 PM »
http://www.geocities.com/zarathustra47/FANL.bmp

There ya go: the numbering of course refers to the order in which you assign the skills. Some things that may not be clear from the diagram:

Mine at location (1) with the SECOND lemming, allowing the first to go on ahead to do the work.

Bash at location (4) immediately after assigning builder (3), when builder (2) has laid just one brick.

Assign the floater (7) at the BOTTOM of the fall to save time.

Miner (9) continues for exactly FOUR strokes before being given the basher skill.

EDIT: image wasn't appearing so I've just given the link. Click for the solution image!

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 08:16:39 PM »
This should probably be moved to the Game Help forum.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 07:59:38 AM »
The images don't appear in the window of Ahribar (both his avatar and the solution)
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

segagamer

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 09:21:36 AM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D:D:D:D
Took me a while to do since I kept running out of time, and when I did do it, I had 00:00 time left  X_X

Yes 8 years is a long time :P although I didn't spend that long on part 1, since I found it quite easy. Part 2 had the slight scenery change and it really threw me off lol

Thanks again :D

segagamer

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 09:23:19 AM »
I'll tell you a level that I did get stuck on for a few months though, and that was Out, Away From The Tune! Did you get stuck on that one at all? I found it quite challenging  X_X

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 10:44:24 AM »
No -- I found that one very easy. It threw me at first since it looked impossible -- I was trying for the wrong route. But I quickly found the right one.

However, my personal worst is ten years on The Steel Mines of Kessel.......... :P

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 02:36:52 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1116111874/0#7 date=1116240264
However, my personal worst is ten years on The Steel Mines of Kessel.......... :P

Mine's about 9 years on "No added Colours and lemmings". I ended up using a walkthrough :-(

And I still haven't finished FANL2. Mainly because the attraction of Cheapo is more than the attraction of Gens. ;P

Conway

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 08:19:58 PM »
The Megadrive/Genesis level that stumped me (apart from Fall and No Life) was Mayhem 23 - A Group of Entrances. I haven't tried it now, but back then it just seemed unnecessarily complicated, but that was before I acquired my love of multitasking levels!

JM

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 11:52:22 PM »
I haven't completed the Megadrive/Genesis levels. They look good tho.

DM48

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 06:01:42 PM »
Aaahh, another one of those levels I couldn't do has now been solved. =D I knew the method from the first version of this level wouldn't work and I thought it had something to do with the part on the left of the map, but I just couldn't figure out how to use all the builders and bashers properly. My own personal record for a level I could never do is about 7 years on the first level of Mayhem for the Genesis. Back when I was 12 (19 now) I could never do the first level of Mayhem, though I was just a kid. I then didn't play Lemmings again until earlier this year, so it wasn't a solid 7 years, it was still satisfying to work out on my own though especially as there were no walkthroughs for it seemingly. I was about to post on another forum for help, I had images and everything ready and while previewing to make sure there weren't any mistakes, I spotted a potential solution, turned out it worked. Don't know if it's the only solution, but it was a good feeling. XD

2 levels I'm stuck on now are Fix the road, quick! (Present 9) and Train your body (Sunsoft 4) on the Genesis version. Fix the road Quick seems to be a case of using some of the bridges to delay the other Lemmings so the ones in front have time to finish building and Sunsoft 4 I think you need to go under the wall rather than over it, haven't tried too intensively but I haven't come up with a solution either. =/

drumnbach

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 07:52:48 PM »
Everytime I come back to this level, I forget how to do it. Then I remember the weird floating water tank over to the right...

Leviathan

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 08:01:32 PM »
I keep getting out of time on FANL2...30 seconds more would do the trick.
I'm using the solution mentioned in "the lemming levels game" but I guess I do something wrong.
I quite don't understand the other solution I read somewhere else...

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 04:54:50 AM »
These genesis levels sound like they're hard. Where could I get them?

Deathman48

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 11:36:14 AM »
Without being pedantic, a Genesis/Mega Drive emulator and Lemmings ROM. =P

And some of them are pretty hard yeah, but you might not find them quite so hard yourself. Certainly the Present and Sunsoft difficulties range from being stupidly easy to stupidly hard, you need to think outside the box for some of them. Like on one level you need to get one, and only one, Lemming out of a line of Lemmings coming at a RR of 99, but you don't have any climbers or blockers to block the rest in. But then at the other end there's one level called "Everyone turn left" where you have only one blocker skill and an uninterrupted stretch of land, so it doesn't take a genius to work out how to do that one.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 05:09:27 AM »
Could you recommend where I should get an emulator and a ROM? All I've managed is to get a ROM that was compressed in some crazy format, I couldn't decompress it. There were also some ads along the way that I don't care to see again...

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 08:08:50 AM »
There are links near the end of the Lemmings Level List Game.

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 12:52:38 AM »
Ummm.....It's "working". As in, it's running. I can't use the mouse or change the selected skill or assign a skill....
I'm using GENS, how can I get it to really work?

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 01:24:45 AM »
OK, I figured it out. I'm pretty sure it isn't possible to use a mouse. I really don't know anything about genesis but I suspect it never had anything like a mouse.

Deathman48

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 01:32:57 AM »
No it didn't, you'll need to use whatever keys are assigned to up, down, left and right to move the cursor around.

The Genesis/Mega Drive is well over 10 years old now, it was a gaming console so it didn't have a mouse. ^^