Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] PimoLems [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 39952 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] PimoLems [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2020, 12:55:34 AM »
Oh, got it! Yea, that's the only way to ensure that you'll save the required amount. Otherwise, they'll be too scattered out and you won't be able to meet the quota. The standard trap the crowd with 1/2 blockers does occasionally come up, but it definitely seems to be a rarity in custom packs. Also, as you have correctly mentioned, there are creative tricks that you have seen with blockers beyond just the standard and common function of turning lemmings around.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2020, 04:08:34 AM »
For anyone who wants it: I've made an all-in-one zip of PimoLems and its music. The music will automatically download into a subfolder of the music folder, and all levels have been edited to correctly refer to the music inside the subfolder.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2020, 09:33:08 AM »
Well done for solving Straightforward! It was heavily inspired by The Brick from MazuLems indeed. I think I had a different solution from the intended one and wanted to make it into a level. MazuLems was a big source of inspiration, as the very first custom pack I played. It opened my eyes to a bright new world of possibilities :laugh:

By the way, if Pieuw reads here: Can you tell me where you have this song from? It's by far the best track in this pack - I love it :)
All the tracks come from a website called OGG Archives or something like this. I don't think it exists anymore. :XD: They were all copyright-free tunes made by people and I don't think they come from any known media, the exception being the Star Wars one.

Thanks for the help Proxima! :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2020, 09:53:53 AM »
Seems like I've got a lot to check and fix when I start working on the patch after Swerdis videos are up. :)

Just now a bunch of SYCLW challenge replays came in as well.

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2020, 10:32:58 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, Pieuw. I had thought that it might be from a different computer game. But good to know.

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »
Kaywhyn : Thank you ! :thumbsup:
But about the level Straightforward, I reread your explanations in the "spoiler", and I see that you said to use the 2 climbers and the 3 bashers to succeed ! I was not successful with this method (I didn't know how to do it !). I did it more simply, with only 1 climber and 2 bashers. So, it's a backroute ? ??? (my replay is attached)

For anyone who wants it: I've made an all-in-one zip of PimoLems and its music. The music will automatically download into a subfolder of the music folder, and all levels have been edited to correctly refer to the music inside the subfolder.

Thank you very much Proxima. I will see that !
But... in fact... I don't know how to put the custom music when I play. :-[ ??? I will try first, and if I can't find solutions, I will come back and ask. :P Bye !
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 06:01:36 PM by David »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »
hey, David. I see you have a single replay for a level. Since this is only 1 small file, no need to put it into a zip. You can just attach it as is one_07.nxrp,  Really only need to zip when there are more
than 6. So even if you have 6 replays, you can just attach them 1 at a time. Only need to compress when there are more than 6. Although maybe zip with three or more as it will make it quicker for the downloader to put them into the replay folder. So if you have 1 or 2, probably just attach the 2 replays one at a time.

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »
For the customed music to work properly, I noticed that you have to put the "music from the pack" files in the "music" folder directly, and not in a subfolder. So, ok ! ;) (However, I imagine that there must be some method to leave the music files in a subfolder ???)

ericderkovits : of course ! :-[ Thank you ! Zip files are used to compress files. It's therefore unnecessary to do this if the files are small. I took note ! :thumbsup:

Here it is : I unzipped the file in my previous post ! :thumbsup:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2020, 06:03:52 PM »
For the customed music to work properly, I noticed that you have to put the "music from the pack" files in the "music" folder directly, and not in a subfolder. So, ok ! ;) (However, I imagine that there must be some method to leave the music files in a subfolder ???)

The level files contain pointers to where they expect the music to be. So if the level file has the line "MUSIC PimoLems_01" then it will look in the main music folder, but if it says "MUSIC PimoLems\PimoLems_01" then it will look inside a subfolder called "PimoLems".

That's why the zip file I posted not only exports the music to a subfolder, but also has all the level files fixed to point to that subfolder.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
@David Yea, your solution to One 7 should be fine. Really the third basher is to help speed getting through the wall even more, but since you managed to pull it off with just two, that's fine. I might had initially solved it with just two bashers as well, but I honestly don't remember, since the first time I played through the pack was a really long time ago. Regardless of what solution is used, time always comes down to the wire.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2020, 06:19:52 PM »
Proxima : I imagined it worked that way ! ;) Thank you for these explanations !

I downloaded your file, and everything works fine: I find it more convenient that the customed musics are all in a sub-folder. That's great ! Good work ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@David Yea, your solution to One 7 should be fine. Really the third basher is to help speed getting through the wall even more, but since you managed to pull it off with just two, that's fine. I might had initially solved it with just two bashers as well, but I honestly don't remember, since the first time I played through the pack was a really long time ago. Regardless of what solution is used, time always comes down to the wire.

Yes thanks ! I actually didn't know how to use the third basher. Each time, I made him go back (and so, in a minute, I didn't have time to save him, the rascal !). The difficulty : the time. Yes ! Now, I only have two levels left in rank One, 16 and 18, both difficult ! ??? ;)

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2020, 05:04:38 PM »
Yeah, I finished "One"today. And what can I say - there are some great levels in this rank. I especially enjoyed One 16 ("For Crystal Sake"). This level is absolutely AWESOME and probably a hard nut to crack for someone who is not familiar with the initial trick. I'm also quite sure that it is backroute-safe which cannot bei said for most of the levels here. Other levels I really enjoyed were One 12 ("I See Led People", also a great title), One 18 ("Lines & Curves") and One 20 ("There's Rashness in the Method").

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2020, 05:11:03 PM »
Congrats! :thumbsup: One 20 was also originally a glitch level in Lemmini. I think I like the NL solution better, even if it had to be reworked and doesn't use classic skills only in order to work properly. It's the closest one can get to the Lemmini solution anyway, since the glitch that the level originally relied on doesn't work in NL.

Onto the Special and Bonus ranks. 25 levels to go. Almost done, Swerdis! :thumbsup:

Offline uberwolfie

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2020, 12:21:41 AM »
Yes, well done! You're basically finished with the meat of the pack now, I'm sure you'll make quick work of the rest. Maybe one or two might give you pause...
I've been really enjoying watching you break some of the levels, you seem to be really good at that :crylaugh:

I'm also quite sure that it is backroute-safe which cannot bei said for most of the levels here.

Try this :P

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2020, 03:45:30 PM »
Okay, you convinced me :-) This was a little hasty. It's still my favourite level of this rank, though.