Author Topic: Hello again, and regards to my previous account ban.  (Read 4792 times)

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
Hello again, and regards to my previous account ban.
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:19:15 PM »
Hello,

I am Braden12, and I was banned in early 2013 for calling another member a bad name. I also ban-dodged many times within three months after that.

I would like to know though if I could come back now that I've reached the age of accountability (18+), and more importantly that I'm a member now of multiple other forums where I've learned from this mistake and have been a decent and kind, non-demanding/abusive member for last 2-3 years.

Admins:
You can let me know of your decision by emailing me to the address I registered with.

Also, congrats Uncle Roundy / roundthewheel=rtw (AKA ccexplore) on your new position as Administrator of this forum! ;P
Hunt the Nessie  :3

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello again, and regards to my previous account ban.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »
fyi: Uncle Round/roundthewheel/RTW and ccexplore are NOT the same person.

Just for clarity, RTW is the guy who has a youtube channel with many video game LP's and ccexplore is an admin on this website who did a bunch of helpful stuff but definitely isn't associated with RTW in any way. RTW is not an admin here.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »
How do you know? Have you ever seen them in the same room together? :)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:55:24 PM »
I'd be happy to give you another chance, considering it's been over 2 years. Feel free to post unless another admin vetoes this. :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 01:00:08 AM »
Just to clarify, mobius is correct that RTW and ccexplore are completely different people.  I actually have never even looked at any of RTW's youtube videos even though I'm aware they exist.

I don't have an issue unbanning.  Welcome back! 8-)

I should also note that I only wound up as one of the admins mostly due to circumstances surrounding the older version of the forum.  At one point the older lemmingsforums.com domain effectively wound up with no active admins, which ultimately prompted the migration to this current incarnation, as led by namida with feedback/help from various forum members, to the current lemmingsforums.net domain.  Naturally, the admin that is currently actively managing the forums is namida, starting with the very important role of funding. ;)  A few people are designated as "backup" admins in the event namida is unable to perform admin duties.  Actually due to real-life work, I've been a lot less active on the forums compared to the past (sorry for not reading your PM until now for example).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:54:48 AM »
As the "head" admin, and also as someone who's probably been banned from past incarnations of this site more than you have, I say... welcome back! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 08:18:11 AM »
Okay cool, thanks! And my bad ccexplore, thanks for letting me know I mistaked you as RTW! :-[

Anyway, I probably won't be around much this month; I'm pretty busy myself now (I've only gotten 31 posts on the other forums I'm members with). Over the past few years I've learned how to install Windows 95/98/Me in DOSBox (enhanced builds though). You heard right. See this video first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YP8pybdxVE :lix-evil:

Also, don't forget to check me out on the other forums I'm with. I am also Gui55 on vogons.org and ostan-collections.net

btw Simon's Lix project (along with the other ones) seem pretty sweet, I should check them out sometime, starting with Lix (which I remember existed when I was on the old forum)
Hunt the Nessie  :3