Author Topic: Doomsday Lemmings II (Release Topic)  (Read 5436 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Doomsday Lemmings II (Release Topic)
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:30:18 PM »
So, I figure that... more than a month behind schedule... it's probably about time to release this.

The pack isn't as large as I had originally intended, and the quality probably isn't up to my usual standards as well. Apologies for that. But I'd much rather release a not-perfect pack than waste levels, especially when some levels (possibly the best ones in here) were contributed by someone else so... here we go! Doomsday Lemmings II! :D

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/mypacks/DoomsdayLemmingsII.nxp
You'll need a copy of NeoLemmix V1.37n or higher to play this.

This pack has now been recalled. Some of the levels were integrated into the original Doomsday Lemmings; the remaining ones that were made by me can be found in my Recycle Bin: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/mypacks/namidasRecycleBin.nxp

Credit to GigaLem for designing 8 of the levels. :)

Aside from the zombies that characterized the original Doomsday Lemmings, this pack also brings ghosts to the table, as well as a new mechanic in which some levels have lemmings turning into zombies or ghosts upon dying. The first rank will recap how zombies work for those who've forgotten (or who never played the original Doomsday Lemmings), as well as introduce the new features; while the last 4 ranks provide various puzzles involving these mechanics. Can you rescue the lemmings from this undead nightmare? Play and find out!!!

As of the V1.37n-compatible update, all levels are unlocked by default, so no need for cheat codes. To select a level, you can either enter its rank name (or number) and level number as a code (eg. "HAUNTING03" or "0403"), or use Left/Right from the level preview screen to navigate between levels.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:18:31 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Doomsday Lemmings II (Release Topic)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 07:30:25 PM »
(Reserved)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:50:48 PM »
After playing through most of the pack, I have to say: Zombies are still not among my favourite features, but Ghosts make for a nice addition (apart from some weird behaviours, that I will post elsewhere).

Attached replays and here some remarks to the levels. The spoilers are (almost) only used to hide my ranting :P.

Treat (click to show/hide)

Trick (click to show/hide)

Spooky (click to show/hide)

Haunting (click to show/hide)

Demonic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:05:03 AM by Nepster »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:59:23 PM »
Hmm... interesting. I noticed the similarity on Spooky 6 (though a much simpler solution works) since it specifically points it out (the text at the far right), but I hadn't realised others of GigaLem's levels were re-inventions...
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 08:18:23 AM »
This has been updated to the official release version NeoLemmix V1.36n. I still haven't got around to adding talismans yet, sorry.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 06:52:37 PM »
I've created an NXP for this (for NeoLemmix V1.37n) but don't have the time to update the site / links / etc until later today; in the meantime, you can get it from this Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ksc202697azjo3i/AADDli21JMeybRzfMwIEaNwla?dl=0

EDIT: A NeoLemmix Website link has now been added, and put in the first post. The above Dropbox link still works, if you prefer that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:31:03 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects