Author Topic: Dovelems..?  (Read 13314 times)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
Dovelems..?
« on: November 27, 2015, 06:27:46 AM »
Where can I download DoveLems? (for good ol' Lemmini) I have read people saying on DC's youtube channel, but I can't find it anywhere on there? Anyone able to give me a link?

Thanks,

Hyp
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
Re: Dovelems..?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:28:39 AM »
Second computer noob question: is there a way to make Lemmini full-screen?
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:52:37 AM »
This topic is a good one for finding pack downloads etc: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1822.0

DoveLems seems to be there, but only in a combined download with a couple of other packs from the same author.

As far as I'm aware, Lemmini can't be made full screen. (Super)Lemmini and (Neo)Lemmix suffer from the opposite problem as each other: (Super)Lemmini can only be run windowed, while (Neo)Lemmix can only be run full-screen.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »
Follow up question: once I have the file of his levels downloaded, how do I export, extract, or whatever I need to do to be able to open them in Lemmini?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »
Follow up question: once I have the file of his levels downloaded, how do I export, extract, or whatever I need to do to be able to open them in Lemmini?

I've written down the steps of setting up Lemmini and the Lemmini version of Lemmings Reunion: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2101.0

Just replace  "Lemmings reunion" with DoveLems and you should be fine :) (also there should be no extra music folder as I remember)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "levels folder." On my computer, Lemmini just appears as a Java application.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 04:43:55 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "levels folder." On my computer, Lemmini just appears as a Java application.

Well you could choose the place where the Lemmini java application extracs it's data. In this folder you will find the levels folder.

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 10:14:18 PM »
The only folders I am seeing in the 'Lemmini' folder are these: Extract, Game, GameUtil, GUI, javax, MEGA-INF, micromod, patch, and tools. After those, I have a bunch of '.PNG' and '.Class' items that my computer is unable to run. Is it one of those, or did I miss a step somewhere? (I extracted the data from Java Application 'Lemmini' into its own folder, but I cannot find a 'levels' folder.)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 10:48:24 PM »
The only folders I am seeing in the 'Lemmini' folder are these: Extract, Game, GameUtil, GUI, javax, MEGA-INF, micromod, patch, and tools. After those, I have a bunch of '.PNG' and '.Class' items that my computer is unable to run. Is it one of those, or did I miss a step somewhere? (I extracted the data from Java Application 'Lemmini' into its own folder, but I cannot find a 'levels' folder.)

Never heard of those folders.
1.) And you really have Lemmini and not SuperLemmini?
2.) Do you really have the jar file for a real local installation and not the jnlp webstart version?

Maybe a little redo ;)
Here again the jar version:
http://lemmini.de/lemmini.jar

You also need Lemmings for Win 95 which I linked in the Reunion thread aswell: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2101.0
Then try to follow the steps again.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 12:07:41 AM »
You don't extract the JAR file itself. A JAR file is like an EXE, but specifically for Java.

You need to install Java on your PC; then you can run the JAR file as an application (you don't extract that file itself).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 12:30:10 AM »
You don't extract the JAR file itself. A JAR file is like an EXE, but specifically for Java.

You need to install Java on your PC; then you can run the JAR file as an application (you don't extract that file itself).

Ah now I understand what Hypotenuse has done ;P

Don't extract the jar file itself.  Just doubleclick on it (like an exe), the program will start and ask where to extract its data and where to find Lem 95.

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 01:38:44 AM »
By 'the program,' are you referring to Lemmini itself or the DoveLems pack? I have Lemmini; I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to load dovelems onto it. If I just click on the Lemmini application, it is launching Lemmini with the standard starting screen. When I click to extract Lemmini, I find all of the folders I have previously mentioned, but not the 'Levels' folder. Sorry again for my lack of computer knowledge; I appreciate your patience.
Thanks,
Hyp

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 01:49:19 AM »
By 'the program,' are you referring to Lemmini itself or the DoveLems pack?

Lemmini.

I have Lemmini

Do you have Lemmini as a JAR file, or as a JLNP? Icho has linked to the JAR in reply #8. You get the JLNP at the big, fat download link on lemmini.de, but that is not what you want. You want the JAR.

If I just click on the Lemmini application, it is launching Lemmini with the standard starting screen.

Has it always done that? When you were running it for the first time, did it ask for the location of Windows Lemmings?

When I click to extract Lemmini, I find all of the folders I have previously mentioned, but not the 'Levels' folder.

Don't do that, as namida and Icho have explained already.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:11:29 AM by Simon »

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 02:41:38 AM »
Ohhhh my stupid arse finally got it! Thanks for all you help and patience! :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 02:44:19 AM »
Perfect! What are you doing differently now than you did before?

-- Simon