Poll

Skill panel - should "display all 16 skills" always be used?

Yes; all 16 skills should always be displayed
0 (0%)
No, keep an option to only display 8 skill panels (with them varying by level)
2 (66.7%)
Mixed; have an option to only display 8 panels in packs that only use the 8 traditional skills, but always display all 16 in packs that make use of NeoLemmix skills
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 2.00 Customizable skill panel  (Read 11724 times)

Offline bsmith

• View Profile
Re: 2.00 Customizable skill panel
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 04:17:29 AM »
The only time I feel I want to see all 16 skills is when the new skills are mixed in with the old ones.  I'm at an odd stage of using hotkeys for classic skills but mouse clicks for new skills.  I have the 8 original skills memorized to F3-F10 partially as a result of the classic interface mapping F1-F12 to the twelve icons on the screen.  Without a fixed position for new skills I am not making the connection between the new skills and the number buttons 3-0.

Offline McAleeCh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 07:33:16 AM »
Slightly off-topic - I'm guessing from the discussion so far that there's no chance of some or all of the additional skills from Lemmings 2 being added to the new NeoLemmix? I'd love to be able to build proper Lemmings 2 style levels if possible, but appreciate that with the sheer number of new skills & features (such as the fan) that it introduced that this would be a mammoth task.

Pretty sure I know what the answer will be, but thought I've asked as I've not actually seen it addressed anywhere yet.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »
It's very unlikely that any further skills will be added. If the decision to completely reboot the physics goes ahead, and if a very strong case can be made for a very small number specific skills, I may consider it; but definitely nothing on the order of magnitude that L2 has. In particular, no skills will be added that require any input beyond selecting the skill and selecting the lemming, so anything based on the fan or the cursor position can be ruled out right now. Even extra input as mild as that of the Turners in L3D is probably not going to be considered.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)