Author Topic: Lemmings (SNES version) on Game Center CX  (Read 3486 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Lemmings (SNES version) on Game Center CX
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
I had a look around and couldn't find any mention of this on the forums. I was just wondering if anyone else had watched the three Game Center CX episodes that cover the SNES version of Lemmings?

If you haven't encountered Game Center CX, it's a television programme from Japan, where video game enthusiast Arino-san (who is supposed to be particularly good at puzzle games) has to complete challenges in various video games.

The show has covered Lemmings twice - once in a challenge to go through all of Tricky in one sitting, and once in a challenge to go through all of Taxing before 24 hours were up. There are three videos covering this, though - the third is a highlights/skit compilation, containing content that was meant to add a bit of variety to the 24-hour challenge (this one has very little Lemmings-related content, and most of what there is is bunched up towards the end, but it's still entertaining to watch).

If you haven't seen the videos (they're about an hour each, and subtitled in English), they're well worth watching.

The first is the original Tricky challenge (which was originally meant to cover Taxing, and which ultimately led to the later 24-hour challenge)

The second is the aforementioned live 24-hour challenge

And the third is the highlights/skit compilation from the above

They're all great fun to watch - *especially* the 24-hour challenge. I hope that anyone who watches them enjoys doing so. :D

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings (SNES version) on Game Center CX
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:30:22 AM »
Yea, I saw the Taxing run. Laughed at the brick wall that is the first few levels of the set, laughed harder at how badly they misrated the difficulty of some of the levels. Still a very interesting watch.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:19:24 AM »
I must admit, I was stunned by how some of my own solutions to some of the levels covered have been ridiculously overthought for pretty much as long as I've been playing Lemmings! Arino-san had some really elegant solutions to some of those stages. :thumbsup:

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 05:08:53 PM »
Bumping this because the old link doesn't work anymore.

Here is the live Taxing runthrough.

Here is the first time Arino plays Lemmings, on the Tricky rating. Unfortunately, though, this is one of the few episodes without English subtitles.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano