Author Topic: [BUG?][PLAYER] Skill panel appears smaller in High-res mode  (Read 5315 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[BUG?][PLAYER] Skill panel appears smaller in High-res mode
« on: December 08, 2020, 01:30:13 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug as such, but Kaywhyn has reported that, whilst LPing Lemminas, he decided to switch back to low-res mode (after switching to high-res mode at my request) simply because the skill panel appears bigger in low-res.

If you compare how the skill panel appears in this video (high res) and this video (low res), you can clearly see the difference in size.

I would assume that Kaywhyn kept the NeoLemmix window the same size (or possibly even recorded fullscreen) for each resolution, but I could be wrong about this.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG?][PLAYER] Skill panel appears smaller in High-res mode
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 02:45:26 AM »
The low-res panel can be zoomed to the largest suitable multiple of 416. The high-res panel, on the other hand, needs a multiple of 832.

For, say, 1920x1080, this doesn't matter - 1664px wide is the highest multiple of both of these that fits. But there are some sizes where the low-res panel can indeed zoom to a higher size than the low-res panel, most notably 1366x768 - the low-res panel can zoom to 1248px wide, while the next step up from 832px for the high-res panel, is too wide to fit.

I really need to keep this explanation on copy-paste...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)