Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 69109 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix release of Lemmings Reunion
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »
Nearly half way through the 5th rank, and I must say, so far the 5th seems easier than the 4th... although a lot of that is probably due to me finding backroutes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
Nearly half way through the 5th rank, and I must say, so far the 5th seems easier than the 4th... although a lot of that is probably due to me finding backroutes.

This is the exact point where I need your help. There a quite a few levels likely to be backrouted (especially in the first half) and I can't find the errors by myself, because I don't play them blindly. Also the NeoLemmix mechanics could have created even more backroutes that I am unaware of, so there will be a few patches needed!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:36:38 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »
Maybe I should come over one evening? :lix-evil:

-- Simon

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »
Maybe I should come over one evening? :lix-evil:

-- Simon

Just tell me the date!;) 
But the levels will be quite a bit harder than the ones you tested the last time and it will make more sense after the next patch where I will try to fix them, so I can be sure if they are working properly then.

Btw tell me if there is any news about when geoo is comming to Göttingen!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »
Added pickup skills, updrafts and pre-placed lemmings for the custom tilesets!
Exept for the City one, due to the custom background (needed to paint the background on the new objects manually due to the resize)
And no custom background for the Shadow tileset, because the colour of Every other tile must be adjusted for this to work and simply no :8():
They should be available on the NeoLemmix website as an addon soon!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »
I've PM'ed you with details on how to avoid that issue with the background.

What do you mean by "the color of every other tile must be adjusted"? Why does it not work if you simply create a 320x160 (or larger; but that's the size of one screen) object - well, 640x320 due to double resolution - of a plain color to use as a background? (I really do need to properly support backgrounds in NeoLemmix; it's not a feature I'm overly fond of but there seems to be enough interest in having it...)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »
Well with your PM tipp everything has changed:

- Transparent colors now added (no background issues for City so Preplaced stuff also here avialable)
- Custom background for Shadow added (as I missunderstood the mechanics a little :-[)

Sent you the updated tilesets for NeoLemmix page upload.

Furthermore:
I will update all Shadow levels for Lemmings Reunion with custom background in the next patch to make them look more clear!

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2015, 08:24:51 PM »
Speaking of the castle tileset
the black space is still in the piece even in the game

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
I know how you ment it. I already said it in IRC that the black space is part of the tile here and it was already this way in Lemmini.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »
Ok one last little fix for the castle tileset to make the tile nr.44 working better now. Should be active on the website when namida comes online again.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2015, 02:29:20 PM »
This should be the last update for the custom tilesets:

- NeoLemmix features added   check
- Annoying tiles fixed                check
and now:
- autosteel function that works   check

It sould be avialable soon.

And for the pack itself:
I will prepare the next update when either namida and/or Akseli have finished the pack or are stucked really hard, so that I can fix a huge chunk rather than a few levels.

The patch will include:     
- backroute fixes (of course) mostly focused on rank 4 second half and rank 5 (serious work needed here :P)
- custom background for Shadow levels to make the levels look a lot clearer

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2015, 02:40:30 PM »
Shouldn't be much longer until I'm through it - only 11 levels to go!
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »
Shouldn't be much longer until I'm through it - only 11 levels to go!

We will see :8():

I know what's still comming and some of the levels will have a great "getting stucked" potential (if backroutes won't break them of course).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2015, 10:02:48 AM »
So, I'm up to the final 5 now (Nightmare 26 to 30). Haven't looked at 26 yet though. So far, only two levels have managed to keep me stuck for a very long time - Ultra-Violence 24 and Nightmare 24. (What is it with level 24's getting me? :P) But nonetheless, still excellent levels!

EDIT: Up to Nightmare 28 now (again, haven't looked at it yet). 26 and 27 were quite on the easy side IMO, though it's possible I backrouted them (especially the latter, where I had one climber left over).

EDIT: 29 now. My solution to Nightmare 28 can only be described as "probably one of the most major backroutes in Lemmings history". :P It wouldn't work as-is in Lemmini, but could probably be easily adapted to work there. 29 has me stumped, at least for now though; although it's not that I've run out of ideas, but more that there's so many to try that it'll take forever to work out which is the correct one.

EDIT: And level 29 is solved! Just one level to go now... haven't looked at it yet.

EDIT: Okay, I've seen, and played around with a bit, the final level (haven't solved it yet). Very final-level-feeling! And I sure as hell am glad this one doesn't have a time limit, because it doesn't look like the kind of level you'd want to be under pressure on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:30:15 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2015, 03:13:47 PM »
So, at last, I've completed the pack! (Video of successful attempt at Nightmare 30 is currently uploading)

This is definitely a great pack. While I wouldn't recommend it to beginners for obvious reasons, I'd definitely highly recommend it to experienced players. Well done on a great pack, IchoTolot! :D
My Lemmings projects