Author Topic: Ichotolot visiting Simon  (Read 5226 times)

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Ichotolot visiting Simon
« on: May 07, 2015, 01:09:06 AM »
Hi folks,

Ichotolot comes from Göttingen, the same German town where I live. We've scheduled a meetup at my place for the upcoming Sunday afternoon, 14:00 local time = 12:00 UTC.

Naturally, everyone is encouraged to suggest random ideas. We could surprise the community with another noodlish stew. We could do a youtube video of something -- Ichotolot has made at least one video with voiceover, I don't know how time-consuming that would be.

<SimonN> geoo: I'm planning noodles in a cream sauce with broccoli and ham; is this inappropriate time for broccoli?
<geoo> no, it is very appropriate
<SimonN> alright, this is gonna be a nice meetup

Stay tuned! For live mayhem, join IRC on Sunday, 2015-05-10 at 12:00 UTC.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:59:53 AM by Simon »

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Ichotolot visiting Simon
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:45:57 AM »
Um, how does IRC work? :3 I know it's a chatting thing, but I don't know much else about it.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:05 PM »
Awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It seems like most German-speaking Lemmings forumers are active meeting each other in real life. :) Very much looking forward to this, too!

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 01:39:49 AM »
Um, how does IRC work? :3 I know it's a chatting thing, but I don't know much else about it.

That's basically all there is to know. Click here to connect to our IRC channel, there's always at least a few people on.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 02:57:44 PM »
The first thing we've tried is to install Lemmini. It CRC-errors while finding the Winlem files. We've downloaded the Winlem files again. Now it CRC-errors at a different file.

[14:22] <geoo> oh well, ok
[14:22] <geoo> I always said Lemmini sucks

But it's probably more a problem of my machine or my Java installation. It even worked for Ichotolot's Mac one of Ichotolot's friend's Macbook. Quote: "It has worked even on a Mac! Usually nothing game-wise works on a Mac!"

Instead, we've watched lots of videos from Lemmings Reunion, and the Lemmini Revenge pack. Let's see what's next, whether we plow though potato chips first, or make broccoli.

-- Simon

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
In late July/early August 2015, geoo will be back in Germany. We're aiming for a meetup in Göttingen, with Ichotolot and me.

Nepster, you're also from Germany. Do you live reasonably close to us? 8-)

Are there any other users who'd like to come around? We've already tried to persuade Akseli, with limited success:

<Simon> I'm not too sure whether Akseli would like to visit us, his first gut reaction to me meeting Ichotolot was "how can you be sure the guy won't attack you?" :D
<geoo> We could turn your cellar into a sauna and lock him up in there for 7 days
<Simon> or he could learn C++
<geoo> yes, let's offer a free C++ or D course to Akseli, he'll definitely bait and then we banish him into the sauna
<geoo> damn should have said that off the record :P

You do not have to be a programmer! We can teach you will have a great time no matter what!

<Akseli> good stuff in the logs of the morning :D
<geoo> haha Akseli, are you coming over?
<Akseli> wait, I'll finish my porridge and answer after that
<geoo> that's a yes! :D welcome, it's gonna be fun
<Akseli> haha :D
<Akseli> I haven't been travelling for ages

-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:51:10 PM by Simon »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »
I could (if I move my table a bit) definitely fit 3/4 additional people + optional laptop's in my room. ;)

<Simon> I'm not too sure whether Akseli would like to visit us, his first gut reaction to me meeting Ichotolot was "how can you be sure the guy won't attack you?" :D

Darn! My geat plan has been revealed ;P! Now I can give the chainsaw+hokey mask back :devil:

But seriously everyone is welcome!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:13:56 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »
Nepster, you're also from Germany. Do you live reasonably close to us? 8-)
If you count the distance between Göttingen and München "reasonably close", then yes ;). So don't expect me to join, but please tell me the date (once it is fixed), just in case that I am a little closer anyway around that time.