Author Topic: Pointless Information  (Read 71427 times)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Pointless Information
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2005, 05:48:45 AM »
I had the flu two years ago, and it was no fun at all.[smiley=sick.gif] &#A0;I had to turn in a huge physics project at school, even though I was too sick to attend class. &#A0;I was so weak that I could barely carry it into the car.

The next day, my parents had a big Christmas party planned at my house, and I was looking forward to it. &#A0;Instead of hanging out at the party, I was quarantined in my bedroom.[smiley=cry.gif] &#A0;I was well enough to go back to school the next week for final exams, but I wasn't completely better for another week and a half.

Right now, I am stressing over the last of my final exams. &#A0;I have a huge math final coming up, and I've been studying almost all evening. &#A0;My professor went through the course way too fast and finished a month early, so we've spent the last month studying stuff that is beyond the level of the course. &#A0;I will probably never need to know it again after the exam. &#A0;At least it's my last one -- tomorrow at this time I will officially be on Christmas Vacation, or Winter Break, or whatever you want to call it. &#A0;[smiley=winktounge.gif]

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2005, 05:31:56 PM »
Wow, man! I'm sorry that you missed a Christmas party!

Something really really bad is that, just imagine: It's Friday, you have to go to school and you get the flu! You think: "Aah! Nice! No school today because I am sick!" but then, you opened the store of the window and... snowstorm! You heared from the radio: "No school for everyone!" "OH NOOOO!!!" [smiley=scared.gif]

Anyway, I talk about snowstorm, because there's one today here in Montreal. There are no classes today for us, but I've decided to come anyway! Yeah: I'm at school! :D

In fact, this is because I want to work on my homeworks (and we have HUGE homeworks to do!). I studying in the video game industry, so you can understand? ;)
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Jazzem

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2005, 05:56:58 PM »
I've got a sore throat at the moment. I've been off four days of school because of it, which has been great. Swallowing is a very painful procedure because of it though :(

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2005, 11:04:55 PM »
We almost got a snow day in Atlanta.  It rained all Wednesday night, and the temperature hovered right around freezing.  Some of the water froze on tree limbs and stuff like that, but no ice accumulated on the streets, so we had to go to school.

A short distance northeast of Atlanta, some schools did close because the ice had accumulated on the roads and on power lines, knocking out electricity.

I'm kind of glad we didn't get a major ice storm.  I spent Wednesday night studying for an exam, and I didn't want it to get postponed, or I would have had to study for it again.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2005, 12:19:30 PM »
You live in ATLANTA?! [smiley=huh2.gif]

You lucky creature.

drumnbach

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1089280056/150#151 date=1134754316
"No school for everyone!" "OH NOOOO!!!" [smiley=scared.gif]
Tragedy!

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2005, 02:42:04 PM »
Our years are devoid of snowdays (which should be called wednesdays so that the snowday isn't jinxed) because the guy who decides if we have a wednesday is from a snowy region. It seems like he looks at a snowstorm and says "nope, no snowday, this is nothing compared to antarctica, school in antarctica wouldn't be canceled for this.". I know thats not true but that is part of why we haven't had a wednesday for a few years. Someone i kow said that German is easy to learn for those who are good at grammar and spelling, two strengths of mine. [smiley=cool.gif] German is by no means easy, but it's understandable and interesting so thats good.

-Even some germans have a problem with it-
Americans don't usually speak proper english which I think is kind of funny.
French have been taking the ends off of the original italian words for years. Italian have a vowel at the end of every noun, the french don't anymore... I feel lazy... :-[

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2005, 03:30:14 AM »
I have a friend that can harness energy to do magic of sorts.  So far he's pushed me onto the floor while I was standing perfectly fine using air, caught an overhead projector on fire during school, and attempted to levitate a chair (this didn't work)

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2005, 03:05:22 PM »
 [smiley=huh2.gif] What's his secret?

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2005, 10:59:30 PM »
I don't know.  He says it's something called "chi" that lets him channel energy around.  I can't get it to work though.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2005, 08:52:46 PM »
Ooooh...

*Considers blackmail*

drumnbach

« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2005, 10:02:35 PM »
I doubt he made an overhead projector set on fire just by harnessing chi energy, but I can believe the pushing you over stuff.

I've been doing Wing Chun kung fu for two years and I've experienced sifus using chi energy. The entire club attempted to push this sifu over as he stood perfectly still, and it proved impossible.

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2005, 10:43:18 PM »
He actually made it happen by accident.  He was trying to form a small spark in front of him and it got out of control :P

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2005, 12:54:04 PM »
That was just a small spark? Holy fish! I dread to think what might happen if he attempted something bigger.  

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2005, 02:42:02 PM »
Hopefully it won't be for a while, since he runs out of energy pretty fast.