Author Topic: MobiLems II  (Read 23449 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: MobiLems II
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 12:59:40 PM »
Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

I've played through most of the pack so far and you've got a lot of challenging levels! You've also managed to make very great use of NeoLemmix features! :thumbsup: My favorites so far are (note that I didn't play the levels in order):

Cake 2 "Pigeon Holes" (good use of pre-placed lemmings!)
Cake 5 "Tiny-Huge Island"
Cake 11 "Deep Undercover"
Crafty 2 "Blocks of Various Size and Shape" (though I felt the level had some tight precision, the level design idea and the 2-of-each skill are both pretty cool)
Crafty 8 "Peter Paul and Lemmy"
Crafty 9 "The Kobayashi Maru"
Crafty 14 "Transit Timing Variations"
Crafty 25 "The Icarus Agenda" (nice use of the pre-placed lemming!)
Crafty 26 "The Whole Kit and Caboodle" (great job with the pre-assigned trapdoors!)
Crafty 27 "Eternity's Breath"
Madness 22 "Unstoppable" (the only locked exit level, but nevertheless a very original and interesting concept! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:)
Madness 26 "Tribute to R.L. Burnside"
Grueling 3 "Fractures" (I'd really put this one in Crafty)
Grueling 28 "Over the Top" (this one should probably go into late-Madness)

I'll get replays to you on whatever I can finish. Some of the levels appear to be very out of order; I feel that even the very first level Cake 1 "Walkabout" is way too hard, because I keep running out of walkers. Is there a trick I am missing? It's even harder than most Cake levels. I think it should be moved into Crafty or maybe Madness.

Awesome work so far! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:56:29 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
Great! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

New stuff to play, yay :)  Will prob look into it the next days.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:26 PM »
new download: [Updated already]

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLemsII%20v2.zip

Okay I managed to do the work needed to work a few things out. And I included two levels I left out. It turned out not to be as hard or time-consuming as I thought. One was Tres Hombres, which was my 1st contest level. It was left out because somehow I lost it and had to get it from an old Flash drive. The other was a new one that I couldn't get to work right but I decided to include it anyway.

thanks for the quick feedback!

GigaLem, if you'd like to make rank signs for me, I would accept them. I would only put them in however, at a time when I was already going to rebuild the pack for updates or problem fixes.

I fixed a small problem with Fractures that may have caused backroutes.

Is the first level Walkabout really that difficult? What do other people think? I could move it but I don't know about way up to Crafty or madness... I didn't expect this one to be thought much of at all; I wasn't even sure of including it I just threw it together out of the old blocker tutorial I had.

Crafty 2 Blocks of Various Size and Shape has many solutions and some require no precision.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:52:35 PM by möbius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 07:04:56 AM »
I'd like to recommend editing the download link into the first post of the topic (or creating a seperate release topic). Anyway, I'm going to start playing this now. :)

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVWvcY0oGEFw5Q6HQyLy9PwBWfun67Nmn
If there's nothing there yet, give the first video time to upload and finish processing. I completed up to Cake 15 (inclusive) so far.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:59:06 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
good idea; I'll lock this topic and put discussion of the released levelpack elsewhere
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain