Author Topic: Project in the Final Stages: Lemmings Reunion (Lemmini)  (Read 12578 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Project in the Final Stages: Lemmings Reunion (Lemmini)
« on: March 25, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »
So I am in the final stages of creating my pack and I've decided to create a little topic that shows the status of the remaining tasks:

1.) Creating levels. Status: 150/150   (Done!)

2.) Checking every level again and correct mistakes and maybe adding additional decoration if needed.  (done)

3.) Arranging the levels and binding them together in a pack. (done)

4.) Testplaying throgh the whole pack and creating replays. (done)

5.) Writing "Readme" and release Forum Post.  (done)

Some screenshots:

From Unrest To Antrophy:

The Face Of Evil:

The Royal Halls:

Field Trip:

Comming Home for Christmas:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:57:01 AM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Project in the Final Stages: Lemmings Reunion (Lemmini)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
A lot of posts that were moved from the old boards use pure HTML tags, rather than proper BBCode, due to the fact that we didn't have a database backup available and thus couldn't get the original BBCode easily.

The correct way to insert an image, using your first link as an example, is:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmspiz7viqox8uk/From%20Unrest%20To%20Antrophy%20%28Lemmix%29.PNG?dl=0[/img]

With that being said, I don't think image links off DropBox actually work. Try using something like www.imgur.com to upload them.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:22:04 PM »
A lot of posts that were moved from the old boards use pure HTML tags, rather than proper BBCode, due to the fact that we didn't have a database backup available and thus couldn't get the original BBCode easily.

The correct way to insert an image, using your first link as an example, is:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmspiz7viqox8uk/From%20Unrest%20To%20Antrophy%20%28Lemmix%29.PNG?dl=0[/img]

With that being said, I don't think image links off DropBox actually work. Try using something like www.imgur.com to upload them.

Ok, thx now it works!  :)     Didn't know about www.imgur.com before.  (Pretty new to forum stuff as this is the first forum I actually post sth :P)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
Wow, this looks cool!
And 150 levels is a lot! Did you make them all on your own?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »
Wow, this looks cool!
And 150 levels is a lot! Did you make them all on your own?

There are 2 redoings of original levels, 1 repeat and of course I would be lying if some levels and machanics weren't inspired by other custom levels  :P(since it started all with me seeing and playing these and learned more about "advanced Lemming mechanics"), but yes over the last months (since November) I created them all by myself. 8-)
But not the custom tilesets! There are other people to credit for them (mostly PacGuy765 and Pieuw).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »
149 unique levels (since you said there's 1 repeat) is still damned impressive! Though I haven't played every pack ever, I haven't seen any pack before with significantly more than 100 unique levels. Orig, Genesis and LPI all have well over 100 levels total, but a lot of those are repeats. Depending on your exact definition of "unique", LPII has anywhere from 98 to 105 unique levels*; which isn't significantly over 100.

* Depending on how exactly you count the 5 "Floater Frenzy" levels (unique maps but the exact same concept), the three "-tuned Lemming" levels, and "The Upwards Mission" / "The Downwards Mission".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 06:02:30 PM »
149 unique levels (since you said there's 1 repeat) is still damned impressive! Though I haven't played every pack ever, I haven't seen any pack before with significantly more than 100 unique levels. Orig, Genesis and LPI all have well over 100 levels total, but a lot of those are repeats. Depending on your exact definition of "unique", LPII has anywhere from 98 to 105 unique levels*; which isn't significantly over 100.

* Depending on how exactly you count the 5 "Floater Frenzy" levels (unique maps but the exact same concept), the three "-tuned Lemming" levels, and "The Upwards Mission" / "The Downwards Mission".

PimoLems has 143 unique levels if I remember correctly which is significantly over 100 (some of them were from Pieuw's Lemmings 2007 pack).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
Can't say I've played that one, though I've heard a lot of good things about it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
Just the final boss level to create! The release will probably be on the week after easter (I'm not at my "creating" place at the weekend); maaaaybe when I am really in a finishing rage it can be at the end of this week (but I doubt that).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »
Just a tip - click the "Only on terrain" property on any one-way arrow objects you're using. This way, they'll "snap" to the terrain pieces, and disappear once the terrain has been destroyed. (You don't need to do this for NeoLemmix, and I don't think you need to for SuperLemmini either (but might be wrong on this one), but you do for Lemmix and Lemmini.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »
Just a tip - click the "Only on terrain" property on any one-way arrow objects you're using. This way, they'll "snap" to the terrain pieces, and disappear once the terrain has been destroyed. (You don't need to do this for NeoLemmix, and I don't think you need to for SuperLemmini either (but might be wrong on this one), but you do for Lemmix and Lemmini.)
I did this on every level, but on some of the custom tilesets some empty space counts as terrain. In playing mode the leftover arrows disappear (so it looks normal). I have made the screenshots in Lemmix, so there they seem to be placed incorrect.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »
Lemmix editor or NeoLemmix editor? If it's the latter, I'll look into what can be done to fix this issue. The Lemmini graphic set code does slightly differ between the two.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
Traditional Lemmix. I did not try it out on NeoLemmix yet.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
If you have the NeoLemmix editor (I assume you do since your contest entry was a NeoLemmix level), can you try loading it in there and see what happens?

You'll need to copy the contents of your Lemmini "styles" folder into NeoLemmix Editor's "/styles/Lemmini" folder; you don't need to do any additional setup beyond this (eg, you don't have to do the "compile styles" thing or edit any INI files, unlike how you do with the traditional Lemmix editor; assuming you have a recent version of NeoLemmix Editor that is).

On that note - no need to mess with screenshots on NeoLemmix editor, you can choose PNG as an output format when selecting "Save As" and this will save an image of your level. :) (Support for other image formats could probably be added if requested, but so far no one has asked for it and there's little difficulty in converting them.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
It is still going outside the regular terrain in editor mode (tried it on Sports and Shadow Version 1.29).

Ty for the Save as hint  ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »
The Final boss level is done! A 10 minute monster with cool design and a (hopefully not backrouteable) very hard solution  :devil:. The tileset used for all the boss levels is a very special one, to create beautiful and also strange landscapes. But possibly you know this tileset already.
Now the levels get their final polishing (or more the ones that still look not as good as the other).
After that it is position arranging time!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:17:33 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:29 PM »
It.....It LIVES!
I finally get the levelpach.ini right! All levels are shown in Lemmini and even the right music plays in the first levels :) I nearly had a little tear in my eye :'(
Now I will play through it and create replays of all the levels to ensure everything is alright (might take a few days and I am not at my creating computer at the weekend) and then.... writing the readme and prepare the release forum post :8():.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »
Latest update to the NeoLemmix Editor should fix that issue you're having with non-solid pixels being treated as solid (and some solid pixels being treated as non-solid). Let me know if there's any issues. :)
My Lemmings projects