Poll

Vote for ONE level.

"Super Starship" by DynaLem
2 (40%)
"Criteria Fulfilled" by Nepster
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 28, 2015, 12:25:03 PM

Author Topic: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #2 (Voting)  (Read 4863 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #2 (Voting)
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:55:40 AM »
WARNING: Absolutely NO discussion of the contest levels is allowed ANYWHERE on the forums (except in private messages) from this point until voting has finished.

Okay, you've had some time to play the levels, time to vote for your favorites!

Remember, there is no specific criteria you're being asked to consider. It's just which level(s) you liked the most, no matter what the reasons for that may be.

As a reminder, the prizes available to the winners are (with first place getting first pick, and second place getting second pick; other places do not receive a prize, unless one of the first two decides they don't want a prize at all):
a) US$10 voucher (or an item to that value) on any online service such as Amazon, Steam, etc; the restrictions are that the site must accept PayPal (or directly accept debit/credit cards if they're a well-known and reputable website). Alternatively, the winner may choose to simply take the $10 itself through PayPal, or equivalent in a major cryptocurrency (such as Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dogecoin).
b) One month worth of advertising on the forum's news ticker. It does not have to be for a Lemmings-related project, but does have to be something the winner is somehow involved in.
c) Their choice of rules for the next official contest (within reason).

The structure of the voting is:
Round 1 - All four levels are entered, each user gets two votes, the winning two levels proceed to the next round. Voting lasts 3 days.
Round 2 - The two winners from the first round are entered, each user gets one vote, this determines the winners. Voting lasts 3 days.

EDIT: To clarify (and I see some people were already aware of this), two votes is the maximum, not a set requirement. You are more than welcome to only vote for one level if you feel only one level is worthy of your vote.

In the case of a tie in the second round, the first round's results are used as a tiebreaker. In all other cases, I'll determine how to handle them if and when they happen.

Please note - your vote CANNOT be revoked, so take care! This is to avoid any suspicion that I may be removing votes for levels that I don't want to see win, etc. Think (and double-check what you've clicked) before you vote.

Winners will be contacted via private message in addition to results being announced in a new topic.

And once again, please note that strictly NO discussion of the contest levels is allowed ANYWHERE on the boards until voting is finished, apart from via private message - even this, don't abuse it (this is mostly allowed so, for example, people can ask the creator of a level if their solution is a backroute, etc).

If you don't have a copy of the levels yet, you can get them here:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:15:05 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #2 (Voting)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »
I wish i can view the superlemmini files

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
I wish i can view the superlemmini files

The Lemmini level is just for regular Lemmini, not SuperLemmini.
All you have to do is copy the style's folder into Lemmini's "Styles" folder, then load the level via "Load Single Level" option.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:35 AM »
Voting for the first round closes in less than 24 hours.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:31 PM »
Alright, second round is up. If they tie here, it'll be a joint win, since these levels were tied for first place in the first round.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:45:33 PM »
Less than 24 hours remaining. I won't say what the current votes are (they're not visible to people who haven't voted yet), but it's very close, so extra votes could impact which level wins...
My Lemmings projects