Author Topic: NeoLemmix Community Pack  (Read 86777 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix Community Pack
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
Submitting the updated version of the contest #9 winner for this community pack

Thanks to everyone who voted for it :thumbsup:

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:33 PM »
I'll submit my contest #9 level too (attached) - Had fun making it :). Though i did read you wanted to avoid the sega tileset, I can remake the level in another tileset, but if i'm going to do that i might just end up making a different level altogether anyway at that point.
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2016, 04:45:12 PM »
Though i did read you wanted to avoid the sega tileset

Tileset concerns have long since been dropped. That was written back when pretty much only the official tilesets, the LPII ones and the LPIII ones existed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2016, 02:39:17 AM »
How are you guys doing for easier levels?  My levels have never been particularly difficult, but I think I might be able to make anywhere between Fun and up to about mid-Taxing difficulty levels.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »
Dullstar, we might have a lot of Fun/Tricky type levels incoming after the contest, one of the rules is to create a Fun/Tricky/Tame type level.

That is of course if people want to donate their entries to the community pack, I will definitely donate mine :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2016, 10:53:43 AM »
Even if we get a few from this contest, we still will have room for plenty more. :) So if you've got levels you think are suitable and you don't plan to use in your own packs, submit 'em!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
After many years of just playing with your levels, finally I have dared to create one by myself! This miscelaneous level project encourage me to do it.

I hope you like it, it's no big deal. Please, notice that it only will work on NeoLemmix. Comments and fierce critics are welcome!

Honi Soit

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2016, 03:05:47 PM »
I'd like to request the removal of The Sweltering Warehouse and T=0K, as those will be used in my upcoming pack.

Also, just a thought, but I'm wondering if we can include some the levels from the canceled Epic Lemmings Fangame that Dullstar originally started?

The levels submitted for that fangame were:
Dullstar: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
GigaLem: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Fernito: Pack (Clonic Inferno and Dilemma cannot be used as they are already part of Revenge of the Lemmings)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:48:15 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »
I've made a second level. I had a lot of fun designing it! :thumbsup: . Hope you like this one, too.

Marooned

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
That looks beautiful! I especially like the palm trees you made. Very well done! :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »
Indeed, I like the innovative design of the tree as well. However, lots of water to travel across also means lots of repetitive building. :sick:
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2016, 05:11:17 PM »
That looks beautiful! I especially like the palm trees you made. Very well done! :thumbsup:

Thank you!

[L]ots of water to travel across also means lots of repetitive building. :sick:

Oh, don't worry: I took advantage (partially) of the new tasks NeoLemmix offers.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2016, 03:01:15 AM »
Here's a replay for Marooned, which I'm not sure is the intended solution. If it is, the building wasn't really fun (especially since I had to use the builders in a precise part to be able to go over the 10-ton-trap without getting crushed). Otherwise, the level is interesting and quite challenging, and I feel that it could work in about late-Tricky to early-Taxing.

I haven't beaten Honi Soit yet. However, is there any reason that the thin terrain next to the two trapdoors is made of steel? I feel this will only confuse people.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »
Here's a replay for Marooned, which I'm not sure is the intended solution. If it is, the building wasn't really fun (especially since I had to use the builders in a precise part to be able to go over the 10-ton-trap without getting crushed).

All the precision and limitations are totally intended: I think there must be a little challenge in hard-building levels, in order to make them not so trivial as usual. The solution is the one I was thinking of, but with my NeoLemmix editor, I just couldn't walk across the initial ropes, so that's why I included a basher (and by the way, having to waste it so soon prevent possible backroutes from the trapped lemmings -or at least, that's the way I thought while I was designing the level).

Anyway, I accept suggestions to modify and improve it. After all, I'm just a begginner :thumbsup:

I haven't beaten Honi Soit yet. However, is there any reason that the thin terrain next to the two trapdoors is made of steel? I feel this will only confuse people.

Yes, there is a reason for it, and is to prevent an evident backroute that I totally forgot to fix. I admit that there are a lot of annoyances, apart from that one, but I think the intended solution is interesting.

Do you want me to send you a PM with the replay of my intended solution, and a slightly different version of the level? The replay works with both versions, but the second one definitely forces the player to segregate the routes of the herds. Perhaps when you see what I was trying to do, you could help me to improve it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:41:12 PM by Ron_Stard »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:09 PM »
You can send me the slightly modified version of Honi Soit. I don't look at replays of the intended solution as I don't want to spoil myself with the solution yet. If I do get really stuck, I'll send you an attempt replay.

I think I know what to do about the thin terrain steel, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Even if you say that you're a beginner at designing levels, your levels so far are already pretty challenging! :thumbsup: I think this all comes from playing others' levels and using this experience to make your own.