Author Topic: NeoLemmix Community Pack  (Read 86788 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix Community Pack
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
Here's a "level" which I made to use in an image, rather than for gameplay purposes. If anyone wants to try and make an actual level out of it, be my guest. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »
What image is the level meant for?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:45:27 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
So I made a level that I ended up being kind of proud of that I think I'd like to submit. Note that it uses the Rising Water gimmick.

I also seem to recall that you noted a distinct lack of easier levels being submitted, so I'll chip in my level "Supply and Demand" as well.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »
So I made a level that I ended up being kind of proud of that I think I'd like to submit. Note that it uses the Rising Water gimmick.

I also seem to recall that you noted a distinct lack of easier levels being submitted, so I'll chip in my level "Supply and Demand" as well.

The gimmicks will be culled except for zombies in the next big update, due to underusage of these + they made the code a big mess ;)

But the other level seemed very neat on YT and as mentioned: We need some easy ones! :)

Maybe the timer can be cutted though as it already has a timer in form of the walkers.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2016, 05:07:36 PM »
As i am here right now :P:  Attached is a new version of "Escape From Lemlab" (+ replay) without usage of the "Fake" option + removal of 1 platformer.

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2016, 06:58:53 PM »
Awww. Sucks about the gimmick thing. I get it, though.

Resub of "Supply and Demand" sans timer attached, plus another new one I just finished.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:05:49 PM by rtw »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »
Maybe if the level I submitted for rtw's stream does well then I could submit it to this community pack :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2016, 06:32:39 AM »
For rtw's levels (excluding 100 Year Flood), here's my replays.

"Half The Man I Used To Be" is almost certianly a backroute.
"Supply and Demand", the walkers aren't a huge limit. I solved it here using only two of them. :P Nice level, anyway!

I am wondering though - is there any reason you chose to use the Cheapo Snow style over the regular one? This is generally not recommended.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »
How do you watch replays?

I didn't realize I'd used the Cheapo style; I can change it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2016, 08:03:14 AM »
To watch a replay, press the Load Replay hotkey during gameplay (if you haven't reconfigured the hotkeys, it'll be L).

On that note - to save one, press (by default) U. You can also in the config menu set it to automatically save replays of all successful level attempts. (Note: Do not rely on auto-saving of replays if you have a version between (inclusive) V1.38n-B and V1.43n-D; these versions have a bug that sometimes causes them to save an emtpy replay instead. V1.43n-E fixes this bug.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »
"Well, shucks" on the "Half the man" level. Though for what it's worth, the intended solution looks way cooler.

Mind = BLOWN by the S&D replay. I'd actually suggest that as a talisman thing, i.e., "Complete 'Supply and Demand' using only 2 walkers."

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2016, 01:26:54 AM »
Half the Man I used to be looks to have a complicated solution. But it clearly has some major loopholes. I attached a solution that saves two more than necessary. If you have the time I'd love to see it fixed/ to see the intended solution. To be fair, fixing a level is sometimes hard work and aggravating.

fyi The Cheapo set has things the 'regular' set does not; like the larger steel blocks and differently shaped snow pieces.  This goes for all the Cheapo/ONML conversions.

It's unrelated but did Peter Spada draw these graphics himself or somehow create them using the originals? Or did they come from another game?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2016, 01:28:34 AM »
The Ohno Cheapo sets appear to be direct rips from ONML, with some extra things (eg. rotated versions of pieces added; which is not critical for NeoLemmix now that it has a Rotate option). The only exception is the steel in the Bubble set, which I think he made from scratch.

The Orig Cheapo sets, on the other hand, I believe are Essman's own work.
My Lemmings projects

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2016, 05:32:13 PM »
For what it's worth, here is the intended solution to "Half the man". If it helps anyone with backroute-proofing, that'd be awesome.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
Here another level for the community level pack. The original level by Leviathan required not only one, but several glitches. But the terrain layout was quite interesting, so I added some more skills and changed the terrain slightly to make the level solvable.