Author Topic: NeoLemmix Community Pack  (Read 86784 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix Community Pack
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2015, 06:08:22 PM »
Oops, seems I missed that one until now. Here's a replay; this is almost certianly a backroute though.

EDIT: And a different solution, this time saving 100%.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2015, 04:18:10 AM »
Here's a new level I made that could go into the pack. I'd say this one's a bit on the harder side, though not extreme.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2015, 02:40:19 PM »
Looks like I've backrouted the level.

Also, now that the LPIV styles are released, will those be accepted, or not accepted since they are RGB-palette-based like the Horror graphic set? And would this also apply to the converted Cheapo graphic sets?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2015, 02:43:01 PM »
I really don't know if I'm too worried about that anymore. The quality of the levels is the most important factor.

Regarding the backroute, it's fairly simple to fix. :P (In fact, this fix may render the one-way walls unnessecary too, but I'll look more into that tomorrow.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »
How's this one?

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
That's the intended solution. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2015, 02:52:43 AM »
So, we've just reached... 40 levels. xD

Just for the record, this isn't an abandoned idea. Submissions are still welcome. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2015, 08:42:10 AM »
Remember all of my recent contest entries are free to use for the pack.
Inclodes:  T=0K (if DynaLem has nothing against it)
                 Deserted Cities of the Heart  (if möbius has nothing against it)
                 True Grid
                 Escape from Lemlab

As well as: Apocalypse Maintement  (the second updated version)

And in the next days I will have enough time again to create stuff, but I will see what I will give to the community pack and what I will keep for possibly future packs of my own (and there is also the new contest) .

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2015, 09:31:40 AM »
We're down to 39 levels now. DynaLem withdrew his submissions since he plans to use them in his own large level pack (which is fine, of course).

I added "A Little Breather" (a level formerly in Lemmings Plus II which was removed in one of the more recent updates) to my submissions. Some of the removed LPI levels could also be used in here maybe, although the only one I can see as being worthy of submission is "Take Us All Home" (Pre-V7 2; formerly Medi 8). Though if I come up with any good non-Zombie levels in the near future, that'll be more submissions for this, since I'm not working on any packs aside from Doomsday Lemmings II at the moment.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
I had an idea for a level based on a backroute I found in Revenge of the Lemmings. :) Since I couldn't think of a way to work it into a Doomsday Lemmings II level, I decided to make a level for this instead. :) Enjoy!

If you need a hint...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:11:25 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
Made another level that can go towards this project. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
Hmm, looks like I've backrouted Blessed By a Curse.

Also, ther has been a lack of contribution to this lately as there are only 41 levels. I'd like to contribute some levels once I am done with my pack (or if I make some levels that I feel end up not fitting in DynaLems). Due to this, how many levels should we aim for? I'm thinking 80 or 100.

Also, I'm strongly thinking we should include Button Mashing For Experts, which is created by (in order) möbius, me, Nepster, namida and IchoTolot.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »
I'm not sure about the total. If submissions continue to be slow, maybe around 50 - 60 is ideal (taking into account that some may end up being culled for whatever reason). If they pick up a bit, perhaps 100 is a better goal.

This should fix that backroute. :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2016, 01:58:31 PM »
Hopefully, this should be the solution.

60 sounds like a reasonable number, considering the lack of contribution.

What about the levels from the seventh and eighth contests? I noticed that there aren't any in the Dropbox folder.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »
I don't think I ever got around to asking the contestants about those (I think a lot of them were from large packs, anyway?).

Anyway, you're getting closer to the intended solution. Hopefully this one enforces it. :)
My Lemmings projects