Author Topic: Family Feud 2015  (Read 138738 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud 2015
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »
Yeah, I honestly think it's good like this. If the question is where you would go to on vacation, "Europe" and "France" should never count as the same answer, for example.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »
Personally, I'd think there's a bit of a difference, especially when the question doesn't specify how specific one should be. However, if that's what most people seem to think, then let's keep it as-is. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2015, 05:06:30 PM »
Whoever would like to host, they can get the quizmaster password from me or namida.

Alternatively, you can master a round of Zendo. If you think your rule is too easy, then it's just right.

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2015, 06:48:44 PM »
Or would it make sense to wait a little given the puzzle hunt thing?

Online grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2015, 10:58:23 PM »
Looks like we had a shared win by both Simon and Geo in the last round of family feud. Welldone :)

I think Simon should host.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »
I think Simon's done more feuds than everyone else combined, including the latest one. I'm sure he'd like to just participate in someone else's feud this time. :P

Why don't you give it a go? :D
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2015, 11:05:48 PM »
I might leave it myself, I'm probably too busy with other things but could I nominate yourself to give it a go.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2015, 11:08:54 PM »
I guess I could do another one if no one else shows interest soon. :)
My Lemmings projects

Online grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2015, 11:11:11 PM »
Sorry about that Namida, I might take part in this one but I don't want to host.

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2015, 02:04:25 PM »
Alright then, I guess it's up to me to host another one.

For this round, I'm also going to experiment with changing things up a bit. Instead of a special non-standard scoring question or two; I'm going to have 10 standard questions and 5 "inverse Feud scoring" questions. The idea behind these is simple - the fewer people that choose the same answer as you, the higher you score, with a full 1 point being obtained if you have the least common answer. However, to avoid people picking obscure and irrelevant answers, on the inverse scoring questions you score no points if your answer is factually incorrect and/or blatantly disregards the question (eg: if the question is "Name a venomous animal that isn't a snake", you would get zero points if you answered "Shark" (factually incorrect) or "Snake" (disregarding the question)).

Entries for this round will close in one week, but I'll extend the deadline a bit if I'm still receiving new answers around that time. So, let's get into the questions...

Standard-scoring questions

1. Name an energy drink.
2. Name a meat substitute often used by vegetarians / vegans.
3. Name a fast food restaurant.
4. Name a brand of smartphone.
5. Name a product which generally cannot be purchased by people under a certain age.
6. Name a country in the Southern Hemisphere.
7. Name a territory of the United States that is not one of (or part of one of) the 50 states.
8. Name a Cartoon Network show.
9. Name a type of motor vehicle.
10. Name a dairy product.

Inverse-scoring questions

Remember: If you disregard the question or provide a factually incorrect answer, you get no points on these. That aside, you're trying to get the least popular answer. These questions have intentionally been designed to have very few valid answers; some have more than others of course.

11. Name a country which currently has (or is widely believed to currently have) nuclear weapons other than the United States or Russia.
12. Name a difficulty rating from Oh No! More Lemmings!.
13. Name a user who has hosted Lemmings Forums, other than namida.
14. Name a non-dwarf planet in our solar system.
15. Name a Lemmings clone that currently has a dedicated sub-forum on Lemmings Forums.

Good luck, and here's hoping the inverse scoring will turn out interesting! :)

EDIT: Rather than have nasty surprises when the entries close, I'll let anyone know if any of their inverse-scoring answers are invalid so that they have a chance to correct them. If nessecary, I'll extend the deadline to allow time for this.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:24:14 PM by Quizmaster »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »
Ah, so a mixture of Family Feud and Pointless this time. OK. I've submitted my answers.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2015, 01:43:06 PM »
I'd just like to clarify, as one user seemed like they may have not quite understood it correctly:

The standard-scoring questions will be scored the same way as always in regards to question-ignoring or factually incorrect answers; ie: even if invalid, they'll still score solely based on popularity.
The "zero points for invalid answers" only applies to the inverse-scoring questions.

Also, to clarify some points about two of the inverse questions:

Q11 - countries that merely have access to them in wartime through nuclear sharing agreements do not count. Only those who have, or are believed to have, their own nukes, count.
Q13 - The previous forum doesn't have to be explicitly called "Lemmings Forums", but it doesn't count if it's a larger-subject forum run by an LF member that simply has a Lemmings subforum.

To further help avoid invalid answers, I'll note any of them here, as well as others that I consider likely to come up:

Iraq - Though they attempted to make them at one point, they've never actually posessed one. The allegation of them having WMDs was in relation to chemical and biological weapons, not nuclear.
Iran - Although they're believed to be seeking them, they aren't believed to actually have them.
Japan - See Paranuclear, aka "the Japan option".
South Africa - Although they posessed nukes at one point, they haven't done for a long time now.
Turkey - They don't have their own nukes, nor are they widely believed to have them; they're merely part of a nuclear-sharing agreement.

Garjen/Crane - Although the Garjen Software forums had a Lemmings subsection, it was not a dedicated Lemmings forums.
Simon - The user who gave this answer said that they misread the question; merely listing it here for completeness' sake.

Pluto - We're going to go with the offiical definitions here, and ignore debates on whether or not Pluto should be considered a regular planet.

General
"The (insert question here) that the least people pick" - Nice try, but "genericized" answers won't be accepted for obvious reasons. As much as I like the way this person was thinking...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:55:39 PM by Quizmaster »

Online grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2015, 09:48:36 PM »
Thanks for clarifying, that's me sent in my answers, looks like a lot of people might be putting in for this round.

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »
I'm going to end this one a bit earlier, since I'll be away for the next few days. I'll calculate the results now.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2015, 01:28:12 PM »
Wait wait wait this is a quite short notice there, I'm submitting my answers immediately, take them to the results if you prefer so!

Edit: Answers sent. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:38:32 PM by Akseli »