Author Topic: Level pack topic  (Read 182419 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Level pack topic
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2005, 09:28:49 AM »
I finally got my first LemEdit pack ready.
Download here: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk0.zip
I won't say too much about it for now, if there are any questions about feel free to ask.
If you need for some reason my E-mail: geoo89(ad)gmail(dod)com
There's one special graphics level (but not too special since I used graphics of Lemmings2 outdoor tribe) included, the vgaspec file is in the zip file, you don't need to rename it.
Also, there are a fwe non-straight terrain levels in the pack, contradictionary to my usual style, but mainly to hide the intended solution, and the important terrain is still mainly straight in these levels. ;)

Additionally, I also uploaded three WinLemm levels I had made before using CustLemm, they're only solvable in WinLemm. Download here: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/AddWinL.zip
They're showing some behaviour for WinLemm.

So, have fun. ;)

JM

« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2005, 11:02:44 AM »
How do you get the feature that is used in Level 9 where the game is superfast?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 09, 2005, 02:50:52 PM »
Set in the .lvl file byte 0x001E to FF, then use Mindless' DAT-Anticompressor to create a levelpack for it since LemEdit sets this byte to 01 and disables SuperLemmings mode that way.

JM

« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2005, 03:16:08 PM »
Thanks geoo89. You have made some really useful information that could help create better features for Custlemm. It includes making VGSASPEC4 or higher and making a level superfast in Custlemm :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2005, 08:38:25 PM »
Actually, both have already been talked about in other topics.  Mindless I believe was the first one to point out that SuperLemmings work in CustLemm and which byte controls it.  And I know about the vgaspec thing, I thought I have included a blank level file in myvgaspec for 0-9 but maybe I have forgotten about that.

JM

« Reply #395 on: October 09, 2005, 09:08:35 PM »
ccexplore do you make custlemm levels?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2005, 09:12:12 PM »
I have some in mind, but I don't really have time to actually flesh them out at the moment.

So sadly, the only CustLemm level that can be called finished is the one I made 4-5 years ago, the "If Only I Could Swim" level which I also made a Cheapo remake about a year ago or so.

JM

« Reply #397 on: October 09, 2005, 09:19:58 PM »
You could release the Lemedit version of the level :)

Conway

« Reply #398 on: October 09, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but the new levelpack by geoo89 is probably the hardest I have come across yet. I was only able to solve level 9, which was a simple case of making him a floater right before he lands beside the exit. I expect now that the pack was designed for the fall limit of the original Lemmings.exe, not the original Custlemm.exe, thereby forcing the use of the floater earlier.

So put simply, I'm annoyed! I solved 80% in level 1, but it asks for 92%. So only 2 can die. The simplest route I can think of is to climb and bomb to the right, send another climber to the top, build to reach up to the exit and turn back, and dig through the five platforms, then bomb through to the rest. I now have 4 more levels to build up, and three corners to climb and bomb (providing I have dug at exactly the right place on at least one corner). In short, each step requires either a builder or a bomber, and there are nine steps and only five builders. That means four bombers, plus one to let the climber through at first. And I can only use two.

See why I'm frustrated???!!

Anyway, that's just the first level. They are brilliantly designed and all, I just can't seem to pass any of them! Except level 9, which I'm sure is a backroute/bug.

JM

« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2005, 09:58:41 PM »
I can only pass Level 9 :(
I don't know what's up with the rest of the levelpak. Somebody suggested reviewing it after we have finished reviewing Isteve09 which is easier than geoo89's levelpak.

« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2005, 11:01:30 PM »
I skimmed through the pack and passed level 9. Level 2 seems the most plausible out of the rest, they're hard!

Conway

« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2005, 11:10:46 PM »
JM and guest, did you pass level 9 in the original version of Custlemm?

JM

« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2005, 11:12:06 PM »
Yeah I passed it

« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2005, 11:12:11 PM »
I just figured out the trick for level 1. When I visualized it I thought a lemming would die each time I used it for some reason. I would have gotten it much earlier if I had thought more carfully about it. So here's a hint: Think weird.

JM

« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2005, 11:18:39 PM »
Geoo89 could do some hints for his levelpak to help :)